Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishing off a book, about five fundamental principles of game and learning it from the ground up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing off a book, about five fundamental principles of game and learning it from the ground up

Ok, so first off I want to say,
    Back in the day we had this big argument about commercial guys, about how they are snake oil guys, selling out, exploiting guys, polluting the community with bullshit
    A lot of guys stood behind me at times for not selling out, and through the years I've argued in my mind about the merits and drawbacks of commercial products
    On one hand you have terrible stuff out there, on the other hand there is genuine stuff, like at girlschase

In the end I think its actually a really complicated topic,
    Cuz on one hand, top contributers really don't put out too much stuff, you have to weave through all the forums for it
    But on the other hand, just because a guy writes a book, doesn't mean its going to be his best stuff

I have eventually come to the conclusion, I've put out too little, not so much from a commercial standpoint but just as a general, help you out by getting you started standpoint
    Solidarity etc.
    I've infact been noticing some awareness of concepts being missing in the past year or so, and have loosely worked on a book.

I think I'm going to sell it pretty cheap as an ebook, its about 30 000 words.

And here I'm just going to let you guys know a bit about it and the concepts, because I'm finally pretty close to finishing it (even though I've been procrastinating for way too long) cuz I'd rather you guys get free info, and just help out some guys rather than pretend its whatever and spring it oon anyone.

Its about 5 principle concepts of what it takes to be a "natural"
    About the learning/growing process
    And the way to balance inner game with outer game

Its not going to be earth shattering, its actually a pretty humble book I think. I mean it isn't like "the answer" or "this is what should be taught inn the community dammit!" type stuff. It is more about sports psychology, enabling peak performance, and having psychological foundations to compliment what you learn and ways to do your best.

Its also written with encouragement in mind, so to help guys really feeling sorta shit. But I'm not a god, so its not going to do more than hopefully nudge towards helpful directions for guys.

Its NOT a philosophical book about beliefs, its more just a pragmatic look at how to really get started.

The five principles are
    Resolve - at first you need to find the right kind of resolve so you can handle what you need to do and not freak out when things get tough or confusing
    Direction - most guys think they need answers, but you need a handle on direction so you can move forward even if a bit confused
    Technique - this discusses how technique is a tool to help you DEVELOP, and what kind of capability you want at minimum with it so you can start developing your own
    Thought - how personal philosophy, and your feelings about life, women, getting laid and all the possible perspectives have to be dealt with in order to not get stuck on problems but start weaving together new solutions
    Edge - The final principle that discusses what EDGE you need for girls to respond to you, not god like power or super attraction, or bringing down a "matriarchy" but discussing the kind of edge girls expect of men they choose over average guys

I don't get heavily into female psychology, or deep into nuances of technique, or rehash principles we've all heard before
    Instead it is a kind of honest discussion about how to handle a lot of confusing information, and figure out what might be going on

I'm trying now to put in some more techniques, examples, and female psychology to really help everyone who reads it get new stuff, but in the end its a book about gathering ones faculties in order to learn, grow,, and be capable of succeeding in sed.

Its sort of a "ground level" book, not like up in the clouds, and maybe its a bit too "circling around" certain points at times, but I've tried to avoid that.
    I think most guys will be pretty satisfied witth it when its done, and should benifit from it as a reference to help out a PART of their game.
    It doesn't address everything, like, you won't learn about tension, or lots of in field detail, so it'll be academic in some ways, but I designed it based on my awareness of sports psychology and its a book that can be applied to other endeavours, so if you are learning a new field and you want a kind of "seducers view" on how to approach it this will help you out.

It covers maybe 10% of seductiion knowledge,
    But like I said, I've been falling behind in actually providing anything solid for anyone, and this'll just be a small move in the right direction, towards helping you guys have some reliable stuff.

I'm not a perfect writer, I'm still working on it, but I think what I've got will definately be doable for most guys and beta readers have suggested as much.

Ive been super slow on finalising the book, much to the dismay of a few people who anticipate it, but I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be something to passover and say "meh, fuck that", and so its decent enough for most of you.

And even though it won't cover all the ground that is needed, I think that is realistic, because seduction is actually a huge topic and I honestly couldn't write 100% of it, ithout slaving myself to a desk, and that just isn't me.

So, I've tried to do some good,
    I'll try to get it out within a reasonable time frame,
    And,
    Feel free to ask about it, openly discuss points I've mentioned here, or any concerns you might have, and I'll keep it all in mind as finishing the damn thing.

And just ps, I designed it to not go over things being discussed pretty decently here
    Its basically been a pain in the ass to write cuz there are no illicit selfish motives or whatever going on
    Just me being open, that yeah, I kinda shouldve done more and you might be able to expect hopefully decent inclusions to our community from me sometimes
    Provided I can get off my ass

So yeah, no bullshit, just an honest moving of some chains
    Hopefully if I do another book after it will be written even better
    But in the past 5-6 years my wrriting has improved a lot, so for some guuys it might even be an engrossing and awesome read to get excited about

I have my flaws though, so do keep that in mind

I have no idea what platform I'll release it on, so any suggestions for an ebook platform to use is welcome
    I'm finishing this off in as open of a way as I can
    You can involve yourself if you want, just lemme know what you wanna see or whatever and I'll see what I can do

Hopefully its a book as decent as any other you'll find out there, and it helps guys

Aight thats it

Also, if its decent and you like it on release, I'd really appreciate all your help getting it out and about
    Its not a competitive thing
    And I hope people can build on what it provides
    So help when it comes out will be hugely appreciated

You are all welcome to request content or suggest price or whatever, or apply to be an alpha reader, especially if you'll help it get around
    Cheers

Edit: Will release in audio for those inclined (easy enough)
    And I'll see what I can do regarding something sufficiently advanced in the next project
    Last edited by thecostofsuccess; 07-27-2016, 06:14 PM.

Sounds great. You releasing an ebook is definetly an instant buy for me, especially if it comes at a reasonable price. If you could follow up with advanced stuff somewhere in the future that would be genius!

Comment

Audiobooks are the best bc I can listen while doing other shit. It's the only way I get through books.

Comment

Cool.
        Can't wait to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Feelgood View Post
          Sounds great. You releasing an ebook is definetly an instant buy for me, especially if it comes at a reasonable price. If you could follow up with advanced stuff somewhere in the future that would be genius!

I'm thinking covering AA in detail in whatever is next, like a deep dive into major issues
          But I'm keeping what you said in mind cuz you are right, that would be cool

Comment

I don't actually know if it's your cup of tea because I don't spent too much time on the forum (or the mASF in former times). But I feel like there's one neglected topic which is dealing with male competition. Be it in a social cirlce, in a night club or even in daygame. I've noticed that going after the hottest girls recently (no anxieties anymore etc.) you have to deal with other guys who're interested.

Is that a topic you would consider writing about?

Comment

I don't actually know if it's your cup of tea because I don't spent too much time on the forum (or the mASF in former times). But I feel like there's one neglected topic which is dealing with male competition. Be it in a social cirlce, in a night club or even in daygame. I've noticed that going after the hottest girls recently (no anxieties anymore etc.) you have to deal with other guys who're interested.

Is that a topic you would consider writing about?

I could set up a game type thing
              And include competition as a factor that increases as you go after different girls?
              Help guys figure out where they are and be more engaged?

Comment

THat'd be nice. Maybe also give an example of a path on how to go on aka improve your game once you've reached a level where your basics are fixed: how to get advanced.

Comment

THat'd be nice. Maybe also give an example of a path on how to go on aka improve your game once you've reached a level where your basics are fixed: how to get advanced.

Hmm, thats interesting, like a "path to advanced" type thing, I like that idea.

Comment

Mos def will buy it!

I'm also on board with the "path to advanced" chapter.
                    Most of us get stucked on "intermediate" for a long time and need some tips to push it further.

Anyway, thx for the effort!
                    personal blog: https://realpob.wordpress.com/

Comment

how's your project?

Comment

how's your project?
                        I guess I got distracted
                        I'll do a full read and edit today, then give you the new outlook

edit: ok, the first three parts are perfectly finished now, and don't need any more work... at all.

So I guess after a rest I'll try to do the same to the last two :/
                        (tired)
                        Last edited by thecostofsuccess; 09-06-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

EDGE <3 This I love particularly!
                          A guy once wrote a list of 20 needy behaviors.
                          A guy once published a method that had steps A, B, C, D , E and F... each with 3 sub-steps A1, A2, A3.. thats like 9700 steps total. All for simply inserting a key into a key hole....
                          I have a drawing somewhere, illustrating this INCORRECT way of thinking about PU; That if you dont have every single among an endless list covered, you are doomed..

All you actually need is.. ONE EDGE!

I also like the exact order you put them in. Crucial detail! Especially looking at the current state of these forums...

Wow the drawing was still there:

Comment

Hmmm,
                            I think I can explain the last two sections much better now, as I have enough perspective to talk about them in a sensible way now...
                            Just gotta do it... (son of a...)

Writing things is like wrestling an Alligator sometimes
                            I have this guy I chat to, who REALLY looks forward to this book, like really wants it to help push him ahead
                            So, it ironically slowed me down, cuz I had to take the last chapters way more seriously in order to respect the guys real want to improve

I guess I'll get into it right now, wrestle it, get it closer

edit: aight got one down, one more chapter/section to go...
                            But now I have to go help some people, so... cant finish the last one now
                            The chapter I did turned out nice though

Now only the chapter on edge is left, its a whiley alligator of a chapter though... cuz its gotta talk about some pretty sophisticated stuff
                            (scratches head)
                            Lucky I have plenty of notes and content to work with to shape it up.
                            Maybe I'll go back at it in a few hours
                            Last edited by thecostofsuccess; 01-25-2017, 04:19 AM.

Comment

-I feel you 100% regarding 'Promise' and 'Procrastination'..
                              -Its simply sucks all joy & energy out of tasks that in themselves are pure joy..
                              -Ah notes are such a blessing! Writing notes feels like making the brain cleaner..
                              -Last week I moved all my notes to google docs, so now I can write them from anywhere.
                              -Especially useful in bed, because ideas often spark the moment I wake up.
                              -I just bought a Lucid Dreaming clock, so maybe I can write my dream log there as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X