Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishing off a book, about five fundamental principles of game and learning it from the ground up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a whole lot of add, except some encouragement, cosy. Keep at it - I can't wait to read this!

Also:

Originally posted by ijjjji View Post
    -Ah notes are such a blessing! Writing notes feels like making the brain cleaner..
    -Last week I moved all my notes to google docs, so now I can write them from anywhere.
    So much this! Been doing this for about a year, fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Not a whole lot of add, except some encouragement, cosy. Keep at it - I can't wait to read this!

Also:

So much this! Been doing this for about a year, fantastic.
      Tried to do the last chapter but just got totally dazed and confused.
      It isn't that I can't finish that chapter, it is more like, it just needs to be said RIGHT.

Edge, and defining it for the reader, seems like a fairly simple thing.
      But, its actually pretty weird to describe. Like I feel like I'm talking nonsense.
      Leaning on the word, not developing the meaning that huge leap forward.

I'll keep at it.
      It just needs an aha moment in how to shape that chapter is all.

Glad you like the edge concept ij
      Its just the most objective/real result of all the little improvements we make
      You can have one, or loads of little things can accumulate
      But it results in an edge not, some game breaking ultimateness (though it can feel that way cuz we wanna believe that sometimes)

So its about grounding your expectations in reality but at the same time, having an edge not just saying "oh well reality says I can only do a little bit, fuck that I'll do none"
      That little edge is the difference

So yeah...
      Its not like you were always fucked up and bam, you suddenly turn super
      Its just having an edge can turn what you are working with right around from something average to something great

edit:

Ok 4.5 of 5 chapters are now done

10% remains (rubs face)
      Phew!

Its lookin good.

Sorry I'm so freaking slow.
      I mean, not just at this book, but releasing any good info.
      This book will really be a good meal for most guys, help make things make more sense to everybody.
      But it really really really doesn't address more than 5% of things in seduction

So slowness on this book means slowness on other books I should write up to follow it.
      So I appologise about that. Its just that my writing abilities are only very slowly catching up to the responsibility of giving out good info.

This will be good though.

I'll try to do it as an audio book thing too for guys who hate reading (ha me too!)
      Though, the audio book might have to be altered to be slightly different than the text book, since I didn't think ahead of time and design it to accomodate that initially. Some sections in the audiobook might be unclear if I don't simplify them down a bit more than in the text version (where you can reread it a few times until it makes sense)
      I guess with my next book I'll design it better to be heard in audio format from the get go
      But some parts are a bit complex, like how you might hear about certain tactics in chess and just "yeah yeah yeah" past them, when really you need to stop, visualise it, master it, then move on

So in the audio version I might just repeat and talk those sections out a bit more, or simplify them where it isn't necessary to go through a thought excercise.

Anyone have any recommendations on what platform I should release audio and ebook on?
      Last edited by thecostofsuccess; 01-29-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Ok, I finished the last section

I want to re-edit the whole thing a few times though
        And consider potential added content, and where to put it.

Its so fucking tiring going through a whole book all at one time to coordinate all the points
        It is pretty good though, last chapter ended up pretty decent, reduced the vagueness of the term "edge" pretty damn substantially, and defined it very nicely, I think guys will be happy with how I decided on stating it with a balance of practical advice, examples and some symbolism type stuff to help get a more expansive grasp on the ideas.

Also turned out pretty digestible, and it all follows a traceable theme, that summarises well I feel and will stick in the old brain.
        You might not fully see the theme on first read, but if you delve into it thoughtfully on the second read or so, it should stand out pretty clearly

(thumbs up)

I'll do the audiobook after I've edited it, you'll all have to excuse my shitty microphone though.
        My best guess at when you can get it is in a couple months-ish

It might be a little more useful than I initially estimated, for most everyone because of how it defines quite a lot of subjects
        I think it'll help guys think of and organise their approach to PU a bit better for sure (catalyse a better thought process for improving many aspects of your game)

Comment

Can't wait!
          Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Sase View Post
            Can't wait!
            Congratulations!
            Thanks man

Yeah,

Just won't change anyone's life (well maybe a few people it might)
            I aim for it to just be an appetizer for more to come (its bigger than a snack though, its more like breakfast or brunch or something)
            And hopefully the next topic is better written, more useful than its predecessor, and then that repeats, until eventually, eveeeeentually, there will be a good quantity of decent quality info accessible, rather than me just shrugging

I'm kinda excited to start on the next book, I kind of have a feel on where it will go
            Might be about perceptions, might be about who girls are, might be about how the world shifts and changes as you start to change?
            And the techniques might be faster paced, more dynamic, more OOMPH.
            Though, I have to keep in mind I can't reach the end of the race with a second book either, so I gotta just pace myself, reveal the info slow, explain it out, create a format for it too be absorbed

There is a lot of work to do in that regard... far more than I can handle in one more book, or even five more... I just gotta do it slooooow, steeady.
            Writing is actually pretty fucking insane hard. But yo, I gueess I'll just think on the next book a lil while before doing anything. And of course edit this one up.

I also want to think about guys needs... like, why they feel so stuck. What might budge a little bit of the burden off them.
            Get things MOVING for them somehow, if it is even possible.

Comment

any updates? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Feelgood View Post
                any updates? ;-)
                I'll try to make an update soon
                Thanks

*scratches head*
                But yes, I should finish this thing
                Hmm
                Last edited by thecostofsuccess; 04-19-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Okay, update

After editing it I realised I needed a way to help you guys REALLY get the content
                  So I had to figure out a way to make it really FIT into your world views and mesh with what you see (make it relateable to help it be memorable/useful)
                  I decided to write quite a bit of extra content to go into this.

The book is about CHAOS and how these five fundamentals
                  resolve, direction, technique, thought, edge
                  Are guide posts for thriving in chaotic situations where "law" and "logic" breakdown

As a result I am trying to write some bonus content on how to be logical and follow "natural law" in seduction also.

So the main bulk will be about chaos, but in order to put it in context I will be describing the LOGIC seperately.
                  I even have some ideas of describing the "crisis point", which is a cnceept I've been playing with that hasn't been addressed in the community before, and directly relates to getting laid, but...
                  It might bloat my time to finishing, so maybe I will just do bonus audio content where I discuss it or sometthing?
                  So, I just want to do this logic side of the book as fast as I can, so I don't delay this coming out too much.

Its basically like this... I wrote the chaos part without realising it was about chaos. So in the writing there are NO REFERENCES to chaos. It is spoken as if this is the only thing...
                  I wanted to preserve that, but also give you the ability to step back and say wait "this is an example of pure chaos and how to embrace it".
                  So the cool aspect of the book will actually be, reading it twice. First time you just read it, and second time you do so knowing its the chaotic fundamentals, while having some more logical ones in mind.

Its my best attempt to make it helpful. Helpful cuz it shows how chaos MIGHT just be incredibly important in seduction. (though it doesnt override logic entirely)
                  I dunno, off to write that stuff now, fingers crossed its good stuff.

Comment

Hey man,m can't wait to read the book!

Don't know if you've thought of this but have you considered releasing the content to a group of guys at different levels of PU development, getting feedback, and then writing as you get the feedback? Might help with it's development rather than spending all your time working on it only to (god forbid) find out no one gets it after your done.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by SargeMaximus View Post
                      Hey man,m can't wait to read the book!

Don't know if you've thought of this but have you considered releasing the content to a group of guys at different levels of PU development, getting feedback, and then writing as you get the feedback? Might help with it's development rather than spending all your time working on it only to (god forbid) find out no one gets it after your done.

Just a thought.
                      I think everyone will like the companion book I'm writing, it really pops.
                      It is also very clear, and will really help guys get their bearings (which the chaotic book doesnt do, in fact it does the opposite)
                      It isn't anything mindblowing, but it has some very consistent themes that will have value in helping you think on how you do things.
                      And it will provide a more... natural... interpretation of things we already know, that I think plenty of guys will be able to appreciate.

The first book, is deeper though... almost brutally so.
                      But it kind of has to be,
                      Because chaos is an emotional topic? Requiring labor etc?
                      I dunno, its almost there...

I do have beta readers, but I find its actually better sometimes to not lean too heavily on that
                      But I hear you, its good to be super organised on that
                      Personally, I think cowriters would make me faster, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, cheers
                      I'm open to a beta reader on the companion book (its not too long, like 15k)
                      I could certaily lengthen it, but considering there is a whole other book to read too, its probably better short and tidy

Comment

Originally posted by thecostofsuccess View Post

I think everyone will like the companion book I'm writing, it really pops.
                        It is also very clear, and will really help guys get their bearings (which the chaotic book doesnt do, in fact it does the opposite)
                        It isn't anything mindblowing, but it has some very consistent themes that will have value in helping you think on how you do things.
                        And it will provide a more... natural... interpretation of things we already know, that I think plenty of guys will be able to appreciate.

The first book, is deeper though... almost brutally so.
                        But it kind of has to be,
                        Because chaos is an emotional topic? Requiring labor etc?
                        I dunno, its almost there...

I do have beta readers, but I find its actually better sometimes to not lean too heavily on that
                        But I hear you, its good to be super organised on that
                        Personally, I think cowriters would make me faster, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, cheers
                        I'm open to a beta reader on the companion book (its not too long, like 15k)
                        I could certaily lengthen it, but considering there is a whole other book to read too, its probably better short and tidy
                        Cool. Put me down as a beta tester so long as it doesn't require crazy hours.

I'm always looking for content that rings true with reality. There's (for whatever reason) so much misinformation and downright useless content in the web in this matter. Like everyone's afraid to say the truth. That's the vibe I get.

That or the other extreme where writers state the PROBLEMS but never (or barely) the solutions *cough* rational male *cough*.

Btw, shout out to the mods, I'm loving the new site design.

Comment

Originally posted by SargeMaximus View Post

Cool. Put me down as a beta tester so long as it doesn't require crazy hours.

I'm always looking for content that rings true with reality. There's (for whatever reason) so much misinformation and downright useless content in the web in this matter. Like everyone's afraid to say the truth. That's the vibe I get.

That or the other extreme where writers state the PROBLEMS but never (or barely) the solutions *cough* rational male *cough*.

Btw, shout out to the mods, I'm loving the new site design.
                          To me, teaching PU creates an information paradox
                          The more you know(are told), the less you EXAMINE things(for yourself),
                          Yet without knowing things you can't open anything up to examination

So you will find that guys writing material for it, either fall into rhetoric based reasoning, or they will overcompensate with putting more of the burden on the reader than they ought to

I think this book isn't either of those, but it doesn't escape that entirely either
                          And the reason why is like the old saying "out of the frying pan, into the fire"

The more we go outside of the norms of rhetoric and putting the burden on the reader, PU complicates exponentially
                          Because essentially you are "getting into it" with guys
                          Into real shit, issues, feelings, suspicions... and that enters the territory of their own individuality and pride.

So this book is. PUSHING that balance as FAR AS I COULD
                          Without getting too, in someones shit,
                          But the bad side is, its only 5% of the info you need
                          It is a paddle, when you want an outboard motor
                          So despite it being more solid, its also more SCARCE

It annoys me that I can't do better, but basically
                          As you go outside the norms, you enter CHAOS and scarcity, and a guy has to be toughened enough to "get it"
                          So the book is about how to deal with that chaos, how to simplify that process, more than it is about techniques you can grab onto
                          BUT, I describe things in ways that will help them be less obscure, help things be more in view.

But... the companion book, it will HELP you turn some of that guidance into info
                          Because as you EXAMINE things and what it implies, I think you can dig out some gold

How much gold?
                          I'm not sure, but as I write more books, I think you'll dig out more n more

It wont be what you normally get,
                          It won't be pop music,
                          It'll be jazz,
                          Not everyones immediate goto
                          But if you are willing to come at it from a new angle... it could provide some intersting ideas

Comment

Working...
                          X