This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brent Smith Copyright Notice

I just got a letter from a Lawyer complaining about copyrighted Brent Smith material being posted on this site. I removed it and apologized. Hopefully that will take care of things.

Please, do not post copyrighted materials here. That has been our policy from day one and we mean it. It is essential to our survival that you do not do this.

If anyone sees any Brent Smith materials on this site, including YouTube videos, or anything else that you know to be copyrighted, notify me and I will remove them, and obviously, do not post any more of Brent's material.

Please include a link to the post where the copyrighted material is. In the maroon bar across the top of each post, there is a post number on the far right. Right click that number and select "copy link location", to make it easy to send me the offending post.
    The older the violin, the sweeter the music. Augustus McCrae

The lawyer can't do shit about embedded YouTube videos. They can either agree or disagree with embedding when they upload to Youtube. If they agree, anyone is free to embed as they please. They can send you 100 cease and desist notices if they want to but they're standing on water.

"You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. ~~ [youTube TOS part 6C]"

So if they're bitching about YouTube links you can tell them to fuck off, that's between them and YouTube. Any copy/paste of text, photos/images, or re-uploads of their videos, they can take issue with.

Comment

There were multiple links in posts from 2012 to a Brent talk that were posted to Soundcloud in the list of things and two YouTube videos. In my reply to the Lawyer, I mentioned that I didn't think YouTube posts were copyrightable. But, whatever, if Brent is all pissy about copyright, we are just going to make sure and ban all his video and audio. It was really free promotion for him. We don't want to deal with the hassle and posting copyrighted material has always been forbidden here.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertree View Post
        There were multiple links in posts from 2012 to a Brent talk that were posted to Soundcloud in the list of things and two YouTube videos. In my reply to the Lawyer, I mentioned that I didn't think YouTube posts were copyrightable. But, whatever, if Brent is all pissy about copyright, we are just going to make sure and ban all his video and audio. It was really free promotion for him. We don't want to deal with the hassle and posting copyrighted material has always been forbidden here.
        Soundcloud is the same as YouTube (this is all my line of work, I promote through soundcloud and YouTube and have an entertainment lawyer with a 90210 zip code that represents me who's explained everything in full).

They're fully copywritten, but by posting to these sites you give them a license to your work with certain conditions, including the freedom for 3rd parties to link and embed (unless they disallow embedding, which is between them and the site, if disallowed an embed isn't mechanically possible, the website will block it.)

You can tell them to go fuck themselves if you like and you're fully clear. Although removing all things Brent is an equally good go fuck yourself. I personally am a fan of the former though, I like to call bluffs whenever possible haha

Comment

If Brent doesn't want the free publicity, that's his problem. I don't want to deal with any more hassles than I have to.

Comment

That's cool.

They're checking this forum so I'll be the one to say it: go fuck yourself Brent and lawyer. The Youtube and Soundcloud complaints are complete and total bullshit and you know it. Brent - hire yourself a better lawyer, your guy is making you look foolish with this shit. If you don't want your work embedded by 3rd parties, host it yourself, don't license your work to 3rd party content distributors with the embed option enabled. Duh. And taking legal action against LINKS to soundcloud or youtube? Hahaha get real, have fun trying to go after that

I do not represent this website or its owners in any way, just calling a spade a spade.

Comment

Who the fuck is brent smith?
              In Ictu Oculi

Comment

Originally posted by cactus eyes View Post
                Who the fuck is brent smith?
                Brent smith is a old school pickup artist who was mostly about parties and looks based because he was good looking. He had some crazy notions that actually going after women was some how not worth your time or something to that effect.

It surprising anyone would want his content anyways.. lol..

Kinda more surprising that he's still in pickup teaching, as I haven't seen anything new from him in ages.... Then again... He's got to pay for those parties that his women demand. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Thau007 View Post
                  It surprising anyone would want his content anyways.. lol..
                  I didn't fid it surprising that he had fans. Status type of game (fake status in his case) is popular with the zero-balls category of puas of which there are plenty.

Unfortunately, I never found he had any original ideas (his main "thing" was to mix the secret and pua) but to be honest, I watched only a few of his videos.
                  "There is a fundamental difference between men and women. To ignore it means to suffer, to experience it means to love. To understand it means seduction."

Comment

Brent Smith sucks. He should be happy that people care enough to share his ideas. I've watched a bunch of his stuff and everything seems to come down to the mind blowing idea: "Don't give a fuck." How hard is it to sit in your living room with a webcam telling people to not give a fuck? The bar for guru is very low. Maybe he has some good stuff but I haven't found it. I know a few guys who are big fans of his, but I don't know why.
                    I'm Tony D of http://www.absoluteability.com
                    Check out my Pua books on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                      Brent Smith sucks. He should be happy that people care enough to share his ideas. I've watched a bunch of his stuff and everything seems to come down to the mind blowing idea: "Don't give a fuck." How hard is it to sit in your living room with a webcam telling people to not give a fuck? The bar for guru is very low. Maybe he has some good stuff but I haven't found it. I know a few guys who are big fans of his, but I don't know why.
                      They're fans because they want to believe they can do nothing (under the guise of "not giving a f*ck" and still get what they want)

Comment

Working...
                      X