Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for photographers

Is the following correct:

Wide angle lens tend to make close object relatively bigger than a short focal lens. Hence, if you have a big nose, pictures taken with a smartphone camera will typically not be flattering. Better use a short focal camera and take a picture from far away. This will tend to make your jaw larger compared to your nose.
    "I'm the kind of guy you don't want to bring home to mom. Cuz I'd fuck your mom."

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination"

Yeah, zoom in from far away and your nose will look smaller.

Comment

Smartphone cameras have the equivalent of a 35-40 mm lens on a 35 mm camera, that is wide angle but not extremely so. Portrait lenses were typically 85-100 mm in the age of the 35 mm SLR.

It really is about the distance from the camera, not the angle of the lens. If a camera is close to you, your nose is a substantial amount closer than the rest of your face, so it takes up more space in the photo. If someone else took the pic from 6 feet away with a phone and you cropped the pic, you'd get the same perspective as with a portrait lens, but cropping it would lower the resolution. Most phones these days have high resolution sensors and can be cropped quite a bit and still give a passable result.
      The older the violin, the sweeter the music. Augustus McCrae

Comment

Working...
      X