Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Art of Texting (five years in the making)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mace View Post
    Another problem with texting is it's just plain cold words on a screen. All the subleties and nuance conveyed through tonality are lost
    yes, that's why it's an inferior form of communication, but it's still better than no communication at all (when logistics prevent a face-to-face contact)

in the same way phone calls (which you seem to praise) are inferior to face-to-face contact, since you cannot do any kino, and your voice/tonality will get you only so far (I call bullshit to all the NLP guys who claim they can make a chick orgasm without any touch, only with the sheer power of their voice... yeah, right)

so - as others have already implied - just because something is less effective than other, it doesn't mean it has absolutely no benefit. Use all the tools in your seduction toolbox, some work better than others, but often the circumstances prevent you from using your favourite / most effieicnt tool

-M

Comment

Originally posted by .:ultra:. View Post
      If shes at least interested, it doesnt matter if you call or text (unless there are obvious reasons why one or the other will not work).
      +1

Comment

If anyone thinks texting can make a girl go from not liking you to wanting to fuck your brains out;
        they are completely deluded.

And this conclusion has been 10+ years in the making, trust me i have tried every trick or technique out there.

Texting is a tool to screen girls, arrange dates and pre-set the frame of those dates.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Peace

Comment

Originally posted by cobi View Post
          If anyone thinks texting can make a girl go from not liking you to wanting to fuck your brains out;

And this conclusion has been 10+ years in the making, trust me i have tried every trick or technique out there.

Texting is a tool to screen girls, arrange dates and pre-set the frame of those dates.

Peace

Cobi, from your most recent report,I take it that screening is the crux of your (very successful) game. To whit:

"This girl passed most of my sexual "challenges" both online and by text,"

Could you share with us some your challenges, or do I vaguely recall a post about your online game along these lines? Thanks BB

Comment

If these are girls from your social circle or someone you already have a strong rapport with that's cool. She knows you well already, she knows your personality, your texts are fine.

Let's talk about girls you pick up during the day (10-15 minutes max) and who are strangers and want to hang out with later to bang.

Dudes here keep talking about "text game" as if they're the only ones writing these chicks. These girls get thousands of texts every day from dudes, family, friends, co-workers, etc.

I text with chicks after we're established and if something needs to be said briefly that a conversation isn't really necessary, but for some girl I don't have on lock yet, I'm not going to depend on my words on a screen to make **** pop off.

Again, if initially, a girl isn't willing to talk to me for 5-10 minutes on the phone, I can't be sure she's willing to do much else, and neither am I.

This all goes back to if a chick is down, she's down. She picks up when you call or at least calls you back after you've missed her call. She's down to link up, and if for some reason she can't, she'll give you reasonable notice, and offer to reschedule, etc.

Flaking is done by chicks who aren't really down for whatever reason, and you just move on. You can't make **** happen with every chick you want just because you want it, it takes two to tango.
            These aren't chicks from my social circle. If you actually read the post that I linked to, you would know that these are chicks that I have met out at a bar that I am setting up a meet with. That's right. These are chicks that I have met while out at night, having no previous interaction with, that I have spoken to for anywhere between 10 minutes and 30 minutes. Over the last 2 years, I have an 80-85% meetup rate for day2s using this method.

Girls aren't flaking because they're getting thousands of texts a day. Girls flake because your game wasn't good enough to begin with. There is no such thing as phone game for trying to attract a chick. Phone game is used to meet up, and that's it. That's what I use texting for. And it works. I don't know why you have to act like just because it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work at all.

As an example, I don't do club game. That doesn't mean that I go around bashing Teevster and saying that club game doesn't work. It does. Just not for me. So quit acting like you know what you're talking about when I've very clearly stated that what you claim is impossible and useless can actually be a very good tool if you know what you're doing.

If you want to continue trying to put me down for texting, please post results that are superior to this, and I will gladly shut the fuck up. Otherwise, try to accept that some things work well for people that might not work well for you. Thanks, and cut the shit.

Comment

Originally posted by cobi View Post

Peace
              This.

How often have we seen this scenario? Guy meets girl, texts her some chit chat, they never hang out.

Thats why I have decided to stop texting girls. When I meet a girl and get her number, I call her. Its way easier to make a connection talking over the phone. Every dork in town is texting her that bullshit. Be the guy who calls. Try to vibe with her on the phone. The way she talks, her tone and volume, these are all little chances to connect with her. Use your wit and humor. Try to get her comfortable and talking.

This forces you to work on your Game deeply and spontaneously . Texting requires way less courage and personality. Isn't there some theory that says if you work on a deeper level of skill the easier skills get better automatically? Thats what happens here, if you can get good at talking to girls on the phone, your text game will automatically improve. It will actually become really good.

This is how you get better, FASTER. Do the stuff that requires more of you as a man.

This speeds up the whole process, if don't have game you are never gonna get her anyway. So you might as well get alot better from the experience instead of just a little better. Phone Game is a better investment then Text Game.

Comment

I used to be the phone-calls only guy. It just doesn't seem to work that well anymore. This is my personal experinece, worth every penny you paid!

Thing is some girls just won't pick up because for whatever reason. Sometimes they explcitiyl tell you that. So I usually start with texting, and sometimes only use texting to arrange the meet.

One thing that does work often, is if you call her tight back when you get a text from her. Chances are high that she will pick up.

I am at a stage where I can more-or-less reasonably tell if she is going to respond well on the phone when I get her number. I take lots of numbers, but most of them I just take even though I already know it is going to be wood.

Comment

Originally posted by .:ultra:. View Post
                  The medium doesnt matter really. Of course email is pretty shitty...and the USPS is worse. But texting or calling are both good, and one isnt better than the other. If shes at least interested, it doesnt matter if you call or text (unless there are obvious reasons why one or the other will not work).
                  Fact is, it's not what I say that makes a difference, it's the medium I use to say it - because I can text vs. say the same thing on the phone with my voice, and latter is much more likely to lead to attraction.

Phone game has better results because you connect at a deeper level by sound vs reading words and smiley icons on a screen.

We all have distinct voices which are designed to attract females. Hell, some animals rely on sound to attract 100%, we are not that different.

However, I agree that for younger cats who have never had to game women in the days where text messaging, Twitter and Facebook did not exist, this will be a very difficult concept to grasp and adapt to. Looking back now, maybe I have texted a woman directions to my house before, and what time dinner will be ready...but that's it.

Comment

Fact is, it's not what I say that makes a difference, it's the medium I use to say it - because I can text vs. say the same thing on the phone with my voice, and latter is much more likely to lead to attraction.

Phone game has better results because you connect at a deeper level by sound vs reading words and smiley icons on a screen.

We all have distinct voices which are designed to attract females. Hell, some animals rely on sound to attract 100%, we are not that different.

However, I agree that for younger cats who have never had to game women in the days where text messaging, Twitter and Facebook did not exist, this will be a very difficult concept to grasp and adapt to. Looking back now, maybe I have texted a woman directions to my house before, and what time dinner will be ready...but that's it.
                    I will say this one more time:

Show me you "better results" with phone game, and I will shut the fuck up.

I know that not everyone has the same success rate that I do with texting. But to just make a blanket statement that one form of communication is "better" than another without posting any data to back this up is complete bullshit. I'm not bashing phone game. I'm just telling you to stop spreading lies that text game sucks and is useless. Thanks.

Comment

I have to add: Texting, Facebook, and online dating are simply designed for women. The deck is heavily stacked against men in all forms of digital communication. Period. Women seek those media out precisely because of the huge advantages it affords them with relatively small social risk and cost. Minimize your use of them, or avoid them all together, at all costs.

Girls want attention more than sex. These digital worlds often give them the former without ever having to even consider or confront the latter--what we want, sex. That's why it's not rare for women to be stringing along several men on their phones or computers at any given moment. It's the equivalent of us banging three or four chicks at the same time.

Learn to use texting, Facebook, or whatever to get them back to our territory: good old-fashioned analog talking and hanging-out. Don't let a girl remain in her comfort zone. A girl shaken loose from her comfort zone is half-way to your bedroom.

Comment

Girls want attention more than sex.

If this is your experience, it means you are not screening your targets properly. Stop wasting your time on attention whore "girls", and find yourself some real women who love sex and want to fuck.

Comment

I have to add: Texting, Facebook, and online dating are simply designed for women. The deck is heavily stacked against men in all forms of digital communication. Period. Women seek those media out precisely because of the huge advantages it affords them with relatively small social risk and cost. Minimize your use of them, or avoid them all together, at all costs.

Girls want attention more than sex. These digital worlds often give them the former without ever having to even consider or confront the latter--what we want, sex. That's why it's not rare for women to be stringing along several men on their phones or computers at any given moment. It's the equivalent of us banging three or four chicks at the same time.

Learn to use texting, Facebook, or whatever to get them back to our territory: good old-fashioned analog talking and hanging-out. Don't let a girl remain in her comfort zone. A girl shaken loose from her comfort zone is half-way to your bedroom.

All true. I don't even have facebook.

But why are you yelling at us, man? Did you just get flaked on by the awesome-est girl that you have ever met?

Comment

Originally posted by Z View Post
                            I will say this one more time:

Show me you "better results" with phone game, and I will shut the fuck up.

I know that not everyone has the same success rate that I do with texting. But to just make a blanket statement that one form of communication is "better" than another without posting any data to back this up is complete bullshit. I'm not bashing phone game. I'm just telling you to stop spreading lies that text game sucks and is useless. Thanks.

Easy tiger.

Ok fellas, I set out a couple months back to specifically try a field experiment on 4 women. All women I met on 10.22.11. The goal was to use text game ONLY on 2 girls, and phone game ONLY on the other 2 and get them to agree for a meetup at my place (or elsewhere) ASAP. The women are all around the same ages, and I would say the same things in text messages I would during phone conversations as best I could.

Girl 1 Stats (texting only):

Age 23, white, blonde American, recent college grad about an 8 in looks. After 2 days, I texted her as per z's recommendations above:

"Hey random stranger, I dont know what to say to you, lets see... do you like elephants? (this is Mace)

Status a week later: We have shot several text messages back and forth, and I tried to set-up a date that night at her place or mine to taste my cooking and open a bottle of champagne. I have not heard from her since the previous day at 3 pm.

Girl 2 Stats (Phone Only):

Age 26, Italian-American brunette - a paralegal also about an 8 in looks but with obvious fake tits. After 2 days I would call her, and I would say the exact same thing, except this time, I am using my voice.

On the phone with girl 2: Hey random stranger, I dont know what to say to you, lets see... do you like elephants?

Status of girl 2. We met the previous night, had drinks, we kissed, but her logistics were not there for a bang as she had to work early this am. I am waiting for her to call me at 7pm to confirm she is coming. I specifically told her that I do not answer text messages as I get a lot of spam, she needs to call me to hook up. She gladly said she would call me without fail as she really enjoys my company.

Girl 3 stats (texting Only):

24, Latina raised in Miami, works as a secretary. She attends community college. A solid 9 in looks.

Hey random stranger, I dont know what to say to you, lets see... do you like elephants? (this is Mace)

She never responded to my text......I sent a follow-up text 6hrs later - no response.

Girl 4 stats (phone only):

22, Canadian student at University of Miami, typical party girl.

On the phone: Hey random stranger, I dont know what to say to you, lets see... do you like elephants?

Status a few days later: We exchanged 6 phone calls....we ended up going for a work-out on the beach this morning, we played with my dog on the beach as well, and went jet-skiing. She had called me 3x the next day to tell me what time to meet, but I purposely ignored her phone calls to build tension. Banged that night along with girl 2 the following day.

Remember: I opened with the same lines to ALL 4 women. I cracked the same jokes via text as I did on the phone.

The verdict: A much stronger connection was established by talking on the phone, resulting in quick bangs.

Comment

That's great. Your text game sucks. You don't answer text messages because you get a lot of spam? Who the fuck gets spam text messages? Your first text is "Hey random stranger...Do you like elephants?" Jesus, no wonder you're having trouble with your text game.

Your sample size of 4 chicks doesn't prove anything. Why? Check out my sample size from the last two years:

Numbers: 44
                              Day2s: 37
                              Lays: 18

I can go back and forth with you all day. I'm not going to though. Stop making blanket statements when you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Text game may not work for you. That doesn't mean it sucks for everyone. And the only reason that I'm even continuing to battle with you now is so that if some newbie is reading this thread, he doesn't look at your posts and think they're actually legit. I have no problem with you using phone game because it works better for you. That's cool. But don't throw an entire technique under the bus because you suck at it and can't use it. It's deceptive to people and isn't true. Please try to refrain from doing things like this in the future, this is the second thread in which you've done this now, and it's seriously fucking with the feng shui of this forum. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Z View Post
                                it's seriously fucking with the feng shui of this forum.
                                Yup. Try to think of this forum as a place you hang out with your friends. If one of your friends were giving off attitude, behaved as a know-it-all, and was dismissing the others' points of view without even hearing them in the first place, wouldn't you kick him out of the house? Try not to be that guy.

EDIT: Not to mention you have seriously thread-jacked the post.

Comment

Working...
                                X