Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Art of Texting (five years in the making)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z View Post
    That's great. Your text game sucks. You don't answer text messages because you get a lot of spam? Who the fuck gets spam text messages? Your first text is "Hey random stranger...Do you like elephants?" Jesus, no wonder you're having trouble with your text game.

Your sample size of 4 chicks doesn't prove anything. Why? Check out my sample size from the last two years:

Numbers: 44
    Day2s: 37
    Lays: 18

I can go back and forth with you all day. I'm not going to though. Stop making blanket statements when you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Text game may not work for you. That doesn't mean it sucks for everyone. And the only reason that I'm even continuing to battle with you now is so that if some newbie is reading this thread, he doesn't look at your posts and think they're actually legit. I have no problem with you using phone game because it works better for you. That's cool. But don't throw an entire technique under the bus because you suck at it and can't use it. It's deceptive to people and isn't true. Please try to refrain from doing things like this in the future, this is the second thread in which you've done this now, and it's seriously fucking with the feng shui of this forum. Have fun.
    Remember, there was a time not long ago, when women did not have this luxury of getting texted. If she gave out her number, it's because she wants you to call her. I still go by this assumption, if not, then I call her out on her shit and say a word all women hate: NEXT.

I will always stick to not being apologetic for being an alpha man. If I want to text, I'll do so because I feel like texting, not to get her "permission" to call because she may not like me. I could care less if she does, she should of thought of that when she keyed her number on my iphone.

Hey, I am not here to change everyones mind.....you will all do what you feel will work to get her panties on your bedroom floor. However, from my very own field experiments - texting has never produced great results vs the sound of my sexy, deep voice seducing her.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Boyfriend View Post
      Cobi, from your most recent report,I take it that screening is the crux of your (very successful) game. To whit:

"This girl passed most of my sexual "challenges" both online and by text,"

Could you share with us some your challenges, or do I vaguely recall a post about your online game along these lines? Thanks BB
      If you look up a post titled "how I escalate to ensure first date sex", it's all in there.

Texting is a good tool,but the way it is used in the community is absolutely hopeless.

Most girls have made their mind up about wether they're at least open to fucking you, before you even send your first text.

So you can either build on her initial enthusiasm, or stop flogging a dead horse and move on.

Peace

Comment

Originally posted by cobi View Post
        If you look up a post titled "how I escalate to ensure first date sex", it's all in there.

Texting is a good tool,but the way it is used in the community is absolutely hopeless.

Most girls have made their mind up about wether they're at least open to fucking you, before you even send your first text.

So you can either build on her initial enthusiasm, or stop flogging a dead horse and move on.

Peace
        This.

There are 3 types of girls.

YES girls - these girls are down.

NO girls - these girls are not down.

MAYBE girls - these girls are on the fence.

You'll never convert a NO girl to a YES girl via text.
        You won't convert a MAYBE girl to a YES girl via text either.

Texting is great for:
        a) screening
        b) logistics
        c) pings

Your "text game" will not build attraction, will not build comfort, will not seduce a girl you do not already HAVE ON LOCK. Period.

IMO you CAN convert a MAYBE girl to a YES girl via the phone - by building comfort over the phone through the sound of your voice. But words on a digital screen are no substitute for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mace View Post
          This.

There are 3 types of girls.

YES girls - these girls are down.

NO girls - these girls are not down.

MAYBE girls - these girls are on the fence.

Texting is great for:
          a) screening
          b) logistics
          c) pings

Your "text game" will not build attraction, will not build comfort, will not seduce a girl you do not already HAVE ON LOCK. Period.

IMO you CAN convert a MAYBE girl to a YES girl via the phone - by building comfort over the phone through the sound of your voice. But words on a digital screen are no substitute for this.
          You better sound like James fucking Brown for every time you've said "sexy deep voice" in this thread.

Comment

Let me tell you why texting works......because when she reads your words she can interpret them through her belief system....now if you know female psychology you can exploit her innermost desires through words...and also by writing you can say anything...no incongruencies no nervousness..no PROBLEM........now ...if you have worked on your voice to make it sound SEXY over the phone then you might as well melt her brain and get her wet by TALKING........now i cant believe it took the original poster five years to learn small talk...what a waste of time.....hahah...no wit no catchy response...how boring.....

Comment

Wow,

Such critical responses. I love it.

First of all, to all you guys who have success with talking on the phone, I commend you. Stick to what works.

But I say again that writing almost always possesses more conviction that talk. And for those who apparently suck at texting and are not attaining their desired results, I encourage you to stop being so close-minded, and at least try to understand that texting is a huge resource that can work for ANYONE--deep voice, high voice, masculine, metrosexual, good-looking, average-looking, Urkel, Tommy Lee--as long as you know what you're doing (btw, whoever it was who posted that elephant text...uh, what were you thinking??? Verbally, it's acceptable, but in texting? What did you hope to accomplish with that? Humor? Attraction? Understand the line between writing and talking. It's pretty distinct.).

I'd tell every guy to play to your strengths. While I'm good at talking on the phone, I feel my chances are higher through text messaging. It's all about increasing your probability with each girl, and making constant assessments. I've had multiple girls tell me that they'd "never date a guy who asked them out through texts," then three weeks later they're semi-serious. Don't believe a word out of a chick's mouth. If your in-person game is at least average, I firmly believe texting can enhance your level of attraction and bring women into your life. The only problem with talking on the phone is that if you have average game, you still have average (or even less) game when talking on the phone. Via texting, however, you can actually go from average to superior and the chick will want to date and fuck you, and she won't even know why. I've had women literally tell me: "I don't even know why I like you." I owe a lot of it to texting. It seems all you guys have your shit together, however, and this is old news to you.

One more time: Writing almost always possesses more conviction than talk.

Do you think I'd be able communicate my entire post or even this reply through talking? No way (and I'm a high school teacher, a good one too, and I talk for a living)

But through writing, everything is smooth, and people (the open-minded kind) often crave more.

As do chicks--if you text them correctly...

Shine on,
              -D

Comment

To all the people following this ..the above is how you should deal with critics......STOP the bickering and finger pointing...and just help the forum move up to a higher knowledge....David Glenn i may not agree with your post but how u have carried yourself makes me put you on a brighter light....keep it up..

Comment

Originally posted by DaveGlenn View Post
                  (btw, whoever it was who posted that elephant text...uh, what were you thinking??? Verbally, it's acceptable, but in texting? What did you hope to accomplish with that? Humor? Attraction? Understand the line between writing and talking. It's pretty distinct.).
                  Good point. I once made the mistake of responding to a shit test with a non-sequitur (over text). She didn't reply, probably thought I was weird. It sounded alright when I was typing it and picturing it as a conversation though. Now I've learned that the line between writing and talking is pretty distinct indeed.

Comment

This.

Never say never. Unless you are saying what I just said.

IMO, you are completely wrong about this whole phone/text issue. You say texting is close to being useless. Most of us say we beg to differ, and that is that. This hijacking is over now.

We can throw our stats at each other (for instance the last three chicks ive gamed were SOLELY text game) but its whatever in the end.

Comment

For what it's worth, Dave, the few threads you've made (there was one on the old site about dating profiles, if I'm not mistaken) have been fantastic and, to wit, USEFUL. This one in particular almost identically mirrors the sorts of nonsense I've encountered while texting.

Comment

I have to add: Texting, Facebook, and online dating are simply designed for women. The deck is heavily stacked against men in all forms of digital communication. Period. Women seek those media out precisely because of the huge advantages it affords them with relatively small social risk and cost. Minimize your use of them, or avoid them all together, at all costs.
                        I don't understand this at all. I assume that every woman who meets me and exchanges phone numbers with me wants to hook up with me. I don't understand "deck heavily stacked against men" or "huge advantages it affords (women)". She wants to fuck me. It should be as easy as possible for her to help make that happen.

Texting is great. I don't believe in long conversations on the telephone, either. If you haven't fucked a woman yet, then ANYTHING you to over telephone, text, Facebook, Skype, video conference, or smoke signals, is a waste of time if it's not about logistics to meet up.

Girls want attention more than sex. These digital worlds often give them the former without ever having to even consider or confront the latter--what we want, sex. That's why it's not rare for women to be stringing along several men on their phones or computers at any given moment. It's the equivalent of us banging three or four chicks at the same time.
                        Incorrect. SOME girls want attention more than sex WITH YOU. Women in general are way hornier than the average guy. Just because they enjoy attention from orbiters has nothing to do with whether they like attention more than sex. I have female orbiters, and with THEM I prefer the attention to sex with them a lot of the time. Forget the bullshit you've been told that sex is more important to men than to women. IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE.

Learn to use texting, Facebook, or whatever to get them back to our territory: good old-fashioned analog talking and hanging-out. Don't let a girl remain in her comfort zone. A girl shaken loose from her comfort zone is half-way to your bedroom.
                        Analog talking is pretty useless if you haven't fucked her yet and you aren't in a position to look her in the eyes and touch her body. She KNOWS she owns you when you do that. She KNOWS you contain the false belief within yourself that "girls want attention more than sex".

Instead of debating guys who are great at texting, work on adopting the mindset that women are horny and they are trying to find ways to hook up with you, quickly, without having to slot you into the category of an inexperienced man, who would actually believe that women like attention more than sex. Think about it: if you really believe that, then it will be true... for you! You'll be the guy thinking of the "most effective" ways to give her attention (or deprive her of it), instead of getting her the good dick she truly craves. Your beliefs truly slot you into a certain category with women, make no mistake about it.

Comment

Originally posted by .:ultra:. View Post
                          The medium doesnt matter really. Of course email is pretty shitty...and the USPS is worse. But texting or calling are both good, and one isnt better than the other. If shes at least interested, it doesnt matter if you call or text (unless there are obvious reasons why one or the other will not work).
                          Not to try to thread-jack or anything (Because obviously this thread hasn't already been hijacked), but I think Ultra might be on to something here. Screw the text vs. call debate, the real winner is Mail Game! Screw phone numbers, as soon as my LTR dies I plan on looking for addresses instead of phone numbers. I can see the business plan now... "The 3 postcards that will make her panties wet! " .. But in all seriousness, I bet a couple of the better wordsmiths among us could get laid through the mail. Think of the FPL points. But anyhoo, my apologies for the interruption, carry on with your debate.

Comment

Forum rules notwithstanding, I got some good stuff out of this post. Now with regard to what followed:

I assume (right or wrong, I don't give a fuck) that every girl who I exchange numbers with wants to sleep with me as long as I don't mess up. Granted I only do social circle and online, so that is a factor. Therefore, I use texting for comfort building, anticipation, and logistics. Seems to work fine. I'm nowhere near the point where I can convince a "NO" to become a "YES", but a "MAYBE" to a "YES". Hell yeah.

I almost treat phone calls as rewards. If we seem to be interacting well AND a meetup won't work for that night, I'll reward her by taking the time to call her and talk for a FEW minutes. Anyone else do this?

~Bull

Comment

Given the amount of debate and interest in this topic, why doesn't someone make a poll?

Comment

Originally posted by hatlas View Post
                                Given the amount of debate and interest in this topic, why doesn't someone make a poll?
                                It's not about which method you prefer. It's about what works for you.

People always forget that when they start to argue about texting vs calling or textgameA vs textgameB.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                                X