Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to look more bad boy?

Amigos,

After reading the post "Tattoos: External Indicator of Non-conformity" I was wondering how one can look more bad boy / non-conformist without riding a bike or having tattoos.

I regularly hear from girls that I look sweet from the outside / beginning but there is a bad boy inside of me. The problem is my face is rather cute and not 'tough'.

*** I try to look more bad boy by:

1. Having facial hair (max 3 days long):
    - Works well and many girls love this
    - Check http://blackdragonblog.wordpress.com...5/facial-hair/ for more info
    - Problem: only works in the weekend as I've a corporate job where I need to be shaven

2. Short hair (less than 1cm long):
    - I notice a significant more girls checking me out when I just come from the hairdresser
    - Like main character Prison Break, although mine is not as short
    - Problem: hair grows quickly

3. Leather jacket
    - Self explanatory
    - Like Fonz from Happy Days
    - Problems: also betas wear it nowadays & inside a bar or club it's off

*** Do you guys have other tips that can help to look more tough / non-conformist without having tattoos, piercings, boa's, looking like a punk?

Thanks!

(@ mod: thought this topic was more general than lifestyle because it's not about basic fashion / grooming)

What does a 'bad boy' look entail? In my book- there should be a sense that he oozes sex and danger. The idea behind the look i'm using is it would be good to wear in a fight.

Start with the head, you've got a shaved head- that's fine. Basically needs to be a no fuss cut to be bad boy.
    Hair- no fuss
    Ears- NOTHING! don't get studs or anything.
    Facial hair- Stubble

Torso- Leather jacket for outside= great (making sure it fits right)
    Torso- Tighter fitting muscle shirt with a design on it.

Arms- A cuff probably. Else- a watch.
    Fingers- Rings?

Legs- Jeans darkwash, bootcut or straight leg. Bad boys don't wear skinny jeans.
    Waist- Belt. Larger belts look better in jeans. Studs or not depending on your other clothes. Belt buckle- can be larger but I wouldn't get one that's a big face kind. Get a simple square or circular one you can see through.
    Feet- Boots

Keep a Lighter on you. Bad boys are usually arsonists in my book.
    Try to stick to 3 colors max. Your boot color and shineyness should match your belt and your watch. Watch for hues in your jeans, they'll be darker blue but they sometimes have a brown or grey tint in there. Use this to decide leather color or vice versa.

Don't know if you're blonde or brunette, but pick a metal color that plays with your hair and stick to it! (general rule- brunettes get silver, blondes get gold) buckle should match metal on watch.

Accessories are in for most people, but bad boys might not wear too many. If they did- i'd say it'd probably be a necklace of sorts (dog tags? something that can't be used to strangle you), cuff/watch.

Shoot for a 'complete' look rather than individual articles- the difference between well dressed and hodge podge. MATCH colors and cut. If you've got a tailored looking coat, don't get baggy pants.

Comment

I rather dress up like a drug dealer.

I dunno if chicks really like the badboy. I think being the freak with gayish style is way better. At least all the playahs i have met, all wears an artistic outfit.

How i dress.

Maybe not badboy look, but i wanted to share how i dress, and i get opened with my clothing style.

Comment

The badboy look is to sterotype , doesn't mean you are a badboy because you have tattoos or wear a leather jacket or have facial hair or a goatee , I have tats and I dress very Metro if you live in the States a good style would be Express , Guess even Armani just combine them.A babdboy can be any guy who already possess those traits without nobody telling him he is a badboy he can be the pretty boy or the guy who dresses ghetto a badboy can't be stereotype Example one of my friends he's 6"5 dresses like a new jersey shore guido and he's always been a badboy but he looks like a pretty boy ... Another friend of mine looks like a badboy drives a motorcycle has facial hair but is the nices guy you will ever meet .

My take get a style that fits you. I wear a lot of tight v-necks it goes good with my body since I'm muscular modern jeans low rise straight leg jeans kinda like skinny jeans . Find something that makes you look good forget the the badboy look you want a style with fashion that improves your appearance ,good hair-doo if you have facial hair and it improves your appearance makes you look more physically attractive then you stick with that . Like teevster he can pull that type of style he has ...

Comment

I think I present the bad boy look in some respects, although it's not that I go for that, I just like things that look that way. Some things I do:
          • Wear a chain wallet
          • My jeans are fitted well, not baggy but not skinny jeans either, and they have tears in them (no big holes)
          • I have gauged ears (6g, not big) with stainless steel plugs
          • I wear a stainless steel watch
          • I sometimes wear a necklace with a stone cross on it.
          • I sometimes wear silver rings on my thumb and middle/ring finger.
          • I'm rocking a fauxhawk for now.
          • Bomber style jackets or button up shirts with shoulder straps add to it too.
          Basically the goal is to wear things that are bold. Nothing quite normal.

To add to that, I can't really grow good facial hair so I'm clean shaven, but my hair is pitch black. The chrome/silver motif with my hair color adds to the look. You should think about what works for you, but in general go with industrial looking accessories (stainless, stuff with rivets etc.) and some frayed jeans will work. I really like the chain wallet look right now, I think that is working well for me.

But like someone else said already, it's about attitude. I grew up riding skateboards through city streets, and smashing out windows and shit. I jump out of planes. I speed through back roads and pass cars in oncoming lanes while doing double the speed limit. The attire just kinda fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Teevster View Post

I dunno if chicks really like the badboy. I think being the freak with gayish style is way better. At least all the playahs i have met, all wears an artistic outfit.

How i dress.

Maybe not badboy look, but i wanted to share how i dress, and i get opened with my clothing style.
            Killer style Teevs!! Yeah, I think the metrosexual thing opens you up to higher percentage of women finding you attractive. And that coupled with a really suave, aggressive and bold sexual style is tough to beat for measure, in my opinion.

The stereotypical bad boy look with darker hues, leather, metal spikes, etc, I think is much more limited in its scope of attractiveness. It'll work, but I don't think that most women will respond as positively to it as they would to someone who has a really daring, playful, and unique sense of style.

I work at the biggest Tommy store in the world and essentially am a walking mannequin. Since starting this job earlier this month, I've never been opened so much in my life. It feels amazing, and it's also great because so many industry people walk through the store and compliment you or give you tips and what not so it makes it incredibly fun and exciting to explore really cool styles and shit that people don't see every day.

It's not exactly peacocking (because that is most superficial). Developing your own style is seeded deep in your identity and personality so it becomes much cooler than merely being a weird attention whore. You show that you're daring, confident, and don't give a fuck what people think. And combined with being a dangerous sexual threat, THAT is a bad boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Teevster View Post

How i dress.

Holy shit you have exactly the style that I have been aiming for. I just don't know enough about fashion and colors and shit to come up with outfits like that. You gotta give me fashion tips someday.

Comment

Congruence is a key issue when looking more badass, or indeed any particular style. Teevster is probably extremely congruent with his metrosexual look. Would Sylvester Stallone be? I don't think so.

But, think a lot of guys are afraid to experiment with their look. Take the character Tobias Beecher from the TV show OZ (pics below). Now, you almost can't believe that is the same person, and the second is TOTALLY Badass looking. It's amazing the changes you can make in how you present yourself to the world if you are willing to take some risk.

beech1.jpegbeech2.jpeg

Comment

"Bad boy look" depends where you are.. if you live in a pretty large city like L.A., chances are wearing your average black clothes/mohawk/ear piercings won't make you stand out since that is pretty normal. However, if you live in a conservative area then even a hint of "bad boy" stereotype trait is enough to warrant the label.

Like others have said, you have to be congruent with it. Your attitude has to match or else.. I'll share my experience.

I used to dress punk: sport a mohawk (dyed), ears pierced, dress either dark colors or bright colors, motorcycle boots + leather jacket (I ride a motorcycle so its not just for show). Wardrobe inspirations came from Chester Bennington (Linkin Park) & Keith Flint (Prodigy). These guys wear tight pants all day long and it works. Anway, here's what I've noticed. Huge head turner specially since I live in a pretty conservative area. The hair alone gets a lot of comments. People belong in 2 camps, they either like you or dont like you (some are scared b/c of the stereotype). I was never congruent though. I'm a nice guy and it turns off the girls who get friendly only find out I'm not "bad". So that's the bad part if you are not congruent. You attract certain types of people based on your character/how you present yourself. If you're looking for GG, be the guy that they are attracted to. (I don't know what that is, yet) What type of girls do you think is attracted to bad boy look?

I never capitalized on the attention it brought though b/c too busy with school. I'm cleaning up my image b/c I don't have time trying to convince people who believe the "bad" stereotype. This X-mas break, I'll go back to it and hit the clubs and play off the stereotypical bad guy.

Comment

1.) stay in the best physical shape of your life

2.) break every fashion rule you can think of

Comment

There's a few factors that go into the badboy look that have nothing to do with fashion... and they're also way more important than the fashion part. Those are: muscles and body language.

Badboys are confident. You're going to want to make sure you're standing tall, shoulders wide and relaxed. You'll probably want to lean a lot. Bad boys do a lot of relaxed leaning on bars and shit, haha. It helps to be in that sort of mindset. Most badboys have kind of narrowed eyes and a cocky sly smirk. The way you speak will matter too. Hopefully you have at least a moderately low voice. Stay calm, confident, and don't speak quickly. Badboys are often kind of mysterious and only speak deliberately and with supreme confidence. Keep that air of mystery though. It's hard to walk the line between attractive badboy and douche sometimes...the key is consistency and congruency. Posers will be picked out... so you really have to tap into that genuine bad boy inside that girls say you have. Most important to your attitude is genuine outcome independence. You have to legitimately not give a fuck.

The "Muscles" part is pretty self-explanatory. Work out. Build them. They're good for you. Then wear clothes that show them off (tightish, but well-fitting). Working out will also change your face structure by making your neck wider. It will give you a tougher looking face eventually. There's really no way around the muscles one. Badboys who are skinny are just dweeby and don't garner anywhere near the respect. You don't have to be huge, you just can't be skinny.

As far as fashion goes- black steel-toed work boots will work well if you don't want to seem like a poser with motorcycle boots (if you don't ride). Dark jeans that fit, like everyone else suggested. Tighter shirts with designs on them. What's more important though is that you like what you're wearing so that you feel comfortable and confident in it. A lot of guys kinda hate shopping but what it might take is a bunch of trips to different stores to pick out stuff that you really dig and also fits this persona. It's not necessarily the easiest thing.

If you're looking for good role models- message JohnnyC69 about this or direct his attention here...

Comment

There's a few factors that go into the badboy look that have nothing to do with fashion... and they're also way more important than the fashion part. Those are: muscles and body language.
                        Bingo!

What is attractive about bad boys is not their fashion, but rather the fact that they are bad boys.

The smirking tough guy who doesn't give a shit is attractive, he is a heroic archetype.

Cultivate that and wear whatever you feel like.

The older the violin, the sweeter the music. Augustus McCrae

Comment

Great input from gqman and teya. However, the thing about what Teya says is this- if you really ARE the bad boy archtype, you probably aren't reading this fucking thread, LOL. I think the OP is looking to take advantage of the archtypes look to attract more women, and I think that is very doable.

I once worked with a guy who was about 6'1, fairly slim (no muscles/body building, but not weak or dweebishly built. Just slim.) and had a goatee, long hair and the sides of his head shaved, routinely wore wrap around sun glasses. When he wore a black leather trenchcoat, I used to joke that he looked like a biker-warlord out of prison on a drug/torture rap who was on his way to rob a liquer store.

Women fucking LOVED that guy. And he was totally not a bad boy. Didn't smoke, drink, use drugs, etc. The "baddest" thing he did was listen to heavy metal. His hobby was radio-controlled car racing.

Yeah, the real Freak-chicks will dump a guy like that when they sense that he isn't the evil badass that they want. But, a lot of chicks are content to have a guy who just LOOKS the part. And I think even for the freaks, if you understand what you are dealing with and are Matrix-aware (i.e. you are in the community), then you will have sufficient tools to keep her invested at least for a while...which is about the best you can expect from freaks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Math_Man View Post
                            Holy shit you have exactly the style that I have been aiming for. I just don't know enough about fashion and colors and shit to come up with outfits like that. You gotta give me fashion tips someday.
                            --> Vote for Fashion thread from TVA (with PICs!!!)

Comment

[QUOTE=JetSetJim;1165]Congruence is a key issue when looking more badass, or indeed any particular style. Teevster is probably extremely congruent with his metrosexual look. Would Sylvester Stallone be? I don't think so.
                              [\QUOTE]

I agree with this right here. I absolutely wouldn't be able to pull off Teevster's style, because I'm 100% not that guy...but he absolutely is that guy. I've experimented with a few other styles before, but in all honesty I'm a plain, black T-shirt and jeans kinda guy. I wear hoodies in the winter, and when the occassion calls for it, I wear nice, fitted button-up shirts with jeans and nice shoes. I also pretty much have the "3-day beard" thing going on at all times...a few tattoos here and there as well. That's my style. I always think of Gambit from the X-men for some reason as what I would describe my style as. I keep in shape, so I wear shirts slightly tight too, but not too super tight or anything.

I don't know if it's "badboy" or anything, but in my mind I OWN my style....and I think that is really key.

Comment

Working...
                              X