Facial Hair and Asian face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facial Hair and Asian face

I think this is gonna be interesting. A few days ago I met this guy from Italy on my way to a shopping center. His long hair and beard makes him look like a classical Greek sculpture, and many Vietnamese chicks eyed on him. Then I start asking myself what about me, an East Asian guy? A lot have been written on facial hair, you can read this in Blackdragon's blog. But it seems that for Asian face, it's not always a good thing to have. What are your advices on this?

Women have 11 moon centers. They are physical places on her body that are more sensitive to touch and emotions. She cycles through them every 2.5 days for a 28 day cycle. The pattern is fixed at birth.

Men have 1 moon center. It's on the chin. We grow hair over it to help us smooth out our emotional energies. These are the yogic teachings. I believe them from my own experience. I used to have a full length beard and I cut it off and felt much different (more vulnerable, exposed). I won't shave my face completely for that reason.

That being said.. try it out and see if you like the look and how it feels.

Comment

Badass as it gets

Comment

Thanks for images! I guess I will watch more Hong Kong crime movies to get more input. But the thing is it seems that Asians appear to be younger than Europeans in terms of look. I mean I usually mistake how old a Western girl is, she could be incredibly young, she looks older in my eyes. So, yeah, perhaps depend on my age then? Western males seem to have that mature look, so whenever they grow facial hairs, it compliments their look even more. (Hey, Elle, you are around, drop a few lines here man).

Comment

Well, one thing I'm learning right now is that you can make almost anything work for you. You just have to OWN it. It's more your pride and confidence in your look than the actual look itself that matters.

Comment

Get in the gym and put some muscle on you. This will mitigate any baby face issues you have.

Comment

Isidia,

As long as the hair grows in evenly, you should definitely try to cultivate this look. In my opinion, the best looks are neatly trimmed all-over stubble like this:

Godfrey-Gao-in-the-Louis--010.jpg

Or just the goatee and mustache combo like this:

Jung+Woo-sung6.jpg

The important thing is to accentuate the chin and the jawline without making it look like Fu Manchu. However, the degree of coverage of your facial hair also makes a big difference between ugly looking splotches of facial hair and a cool look. If you don't have even coverage, use a trimmer to keep it even and pare the growth down to only where you want it.

I have seen Japanese guys who look cool with just the chinstrap/sideburns or even just the chin hair.

I frequently alternate between shaving and not shaving. Girls love it and always comment on it. I use facial hair as an accent point to give my look an edge. I find Asian girls love rubbing your stubble at first, but not so much when you're going down on them. Look at the pictures above.

For Asian guys it seems to work best in contrast to a more formal style: so, Blazer + jeans + Stubble = awesome. Jeans + T-shirt + stubble = a bum. Brad Pitt can pull of the sexy grunge look that most baby-face Asian guys can't.

Comment

Actually I think I have the same facial hair issue as you. I have a baby face. When clean shaven I still get asked for ID everywhere, and young guys under 20 will think I'm their age if I don't tell them! haha.

A lot of people think I am Asian, including Asian girls.
                I'm experimenting with growing facial hair right now just growing it out like a hobo. I never used to grow facial hair, always clean shaven baby face.

My facial hair pattern is pretty much the same as those guys. It tends to be thin around the sides and thicker around the moustache/chin like a lot of Asian guys. So I just let the stubble grow and use a trimmer to clean it up instead of getting clean shaven now, so I get that trimmed stubble look.

Comment

An interesting take on this:

http://www.girlschase.com/content/fa...d-badassedness

Comment

Originally posted by Power-Factor View Post
                    Well, one thing I'm learning right now is that you can make almost anything work for you. You just have to OWN it. It's more your pride and confidence in your look than the actual look itself that matters.
                    If wpeople understood this little fact ..they would avoid alll these petty questioning...

Comment

Originally posted by Power-Factor View Post
                      I'm going to have to disagree on this. I'm no saying it is not possible, I am saying it is unnecessary and not your best option.

Your first impression is highly important, no matter how good your game.

There's no reason to stack the deck against yourself/to make it harder for yourself than it needs to be.

Find something that works for you, instead of just randomly picking something and "owning it".

Nick

Comment

I'm not Asian, but I've noticed a "sweet spot" in my beard cycle (I shave every 10-14 days. Clean shaven is my "baseline". three to five days growth gives me a light stubble which practically has HB's opening me (especially if I smile). After 6-8 days things drop off and at 14 days I'm greeted almost like a hobo or psycho (looking like Dr. House, but less grey). Yesterday I had 2 days growth and had a gorgeous 22-year old Swedish track star literally almost leaning over backwards to talk to me for a good while (didn't # close because she lives across the country, might see her in two weeks though)

My suggestion is to experiment and see where your sweet spot is.

Comment

A small analogy for owning an image...i always think of Buddha....

Wether he was naked ...or plain clothed in jewels...he would be unmoved by it all...and peace happines will always broth from his core...at the end of the day he would always win the world by his mere presence...

perhaps a bad analogy to most for the few who understand ...collect what feels right for you and own it...sometimes people may disagree..but if you believe on it...they will end up becoming a FAN

Comment

Originally posted by NiccoloDaVinci View Post
                            I'm going to have to disagree on this. I'm no saying it is not possible, I am saying it is unnecessary and not your best option.

Your first impression is highly important, no matter how good your game.

There's no reason to stack the deck against yourself/to make it harder for yourself than it needs to be.

Find something that works for you, instead of just randomly picking something and "owning it".

Nick

Logically, you're right. Remember though, women aren't logical!

There are some pretty ugly dudes out there who are still attractive to women! There are guys with all kinds of different looks, drastically different looks, who still get women drooling over them. Maybe I'm going on to an extreme, but I believe some of the more experienced guys who say confidence and unshakability is #1. Game matters much more than looks. Balls are the most important thing.

I'll never say that looks don't matter at all though of course, and make the best of what you've got. I'm not saying look like a dirty hobo on purpose, but don't worry about 'perfect' looks either like a HB would. Energy is better spent elsewhere is my view.

Comment

There are a lot of Asian guys with facial hair, and it looks quite good. I think it depends on many factors (like the shape of a face, eyes etc.)
                              https://thehairstyledaily.com/45-the...an-hairstyles/

Comment

Working...
                              X