Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online is brutal for an old, ugly fucker.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online is brutal for an old, ugly fucker.

(JohnnyC69 is gonna laugh his ass off at this....)

So I put together a profile for Plenty of Fish in a medium-large size city where I had been experimenting with my good-looking guy profile, only this time, I used my own pic (my best one!). I lied about my age and put 36 (I'm 40). The profile was basically "Non-needy alpha dude".

Wow. What a fucking difference.

Good looking 26 year old guy got about a dozen profile views and one unsolicited message from a Freaky looking HB8. Without sending any messages out.

I send out *35* messages that the chick was online tonight to read (i.e. my sent messages list shows her last time online was since I sent the message, so she either read it, or at least saw that I sent it). All were to HB7+ in the 18-33 age range (mostly early 20's).

Results: 5 profile views, 2 responses. One response was "Thanks, not interested. Good luck." the other one was "You're too old for me".

So, apparently chicks aren't even bothering to check out my profile for a better look at my pic. So, the lesson there is EVEN THE THUMBNAIL is enough for chicks to dismiss you.

Originally posted by JetSetJim View Post

Good looking 26 year old guy got about a dozen profile views and one unsolicited message from a Freaky looking HB8. Without sending any messages out.
    I don't do online game, but it's pretty much the same in real world. Looks do in fact trump a lot of other factors. Let's face it: women are as shallow as men are, maybe even more. I spent better part of 2010 hanging out with groups of young women (20-22 range) and I got a solid insight into their psychology. It's incredible how much they care about our appearance... they talk about looks as much as men do. Many times did I hear things like "This guy isn't handsome enough" and "I'd so jump this guy" based solely on their looks. Guys with masculine chiseled facial structure are universally liked by women. Of course, shitty personality and bad game will kill it for a good looking guy as will good game probably improve a physically average guy's chances.

This is why I always tell guys that while they can't change their DNA and age, to at least improve their style, clothing, posture and get ripped. These things mean a lot. Pickup is essentially numbers game and while you can't kiss all the girls, you can do things to turn the odds in your favor.

Comment

So I put together a profile for Plenty of Fish in a medium-large size city where I had been experimenting with my good-looking guy profile, only this time, I used my own pic (my best one!).
      I think best picture does not mean "good-looking" picture. If you are a 40 year old guy, a mafia look might work for you. The TYPE of good look matters a lot, I think. You have to be SEXUAL. But I guess probably you are doing this already.

I started out with online, and still have a profile up on OKC, so here are some of my thoughts:

My profile has two pictures, one me in a social situation, and another one more with a Latin-lover look. The pictures are not all that great, but I do get occasional semi-decent pussy from online. I live in a place where there are not many women online. If I were to invest in it bigtime, it would probably drive me crazy. The text on my profile is very direct and slightly sarcastic/funny. Example- the last line of my OKcupid profile is something like: You should write me if "you promise to laugh hysterically at my lame jokes and you can take some fucking". I have heard some people say that direct statements about sex is a bad idea, but I think it is rubbish. Your aim is to FILTER, not to write a "good" profile. I got three lays since december last year from online. Two of them were among the hotter girls on OKC. Really hot ones are rare online around here, and the effort was basically zero, so I'll take it.
      EDIT: And yes, as blackdragon says, they were all younger than 30. The two cute ones were 19.

Maybe because there are not so many people on-line where I am, the profile text matters a bit I think. Also, the profile has to have a certain kind of "coherence". If you mix and match with some cocky&funny-vibe here and a seducer-vibe there, NOTHING is going to stick. I present myself as a guy that likes sex and fun and offers ABSOLUTELY no promise of anything serious. The profile is very low on words, but it hits where it should and only where it should. I am not aiming to please all the husband-seekers out there: I explicitly say that if they even mention marriage in their profile, forget the whole thing.

At the end of the day, real life is way more fun and is good for your ego. Too much online, if you are not doing it right or if you are not the right race/stereotype etc. might fuck with you. Your profile needs to be damn near perfect (especially pictures, I would think) to pull the higher level girls from online. Just my not-so-expert opinion. Online enables the worst combination of chick-logic + actual logic. Yes, real life requires a bit more courage and social skill than online, but these are skills that have actual LIFE value. Besides after the initial barrier, its fun! I would say that fighting with online too much and not having success is bad for your "inner game". My take is either to get some professional help from guys who have done it a lot (eg: blackdragon) or start doing real life.

Comment

Yeah.. I never got into online game because it just seemed so fucking hard to nail a 9 or a 10 when my looks were average at best- I photograph absolutely horribly.

The only responses I ever got when I experimented was with 7s or 8s at best.. And they were no doubt online turbo sluts going on 10 dates a week.

In the real-world, 10s just eat up confidence and approaches-.. It's just so easy to pick and choose.. Online is such a crap shoot, time investment, and devoid of the thrill that makes pickup so goddamn fun.

But then again, if you have a great tried and true system like BlackDragon's.. maybe it's a valuable alternative.

$M

Comment

Originally posted by money_matteo View Post
          Yeah.. I never got into online game because it just seemed so fucking hard to nail a 9 or a 10 when my looks were average at best- I photograph absolutely horribly.

The only responses I ever got when I experimented was with 7s or 8s at best.. And they were no doubt online turbo sluts going on 10 dates a week.

In the real-world, 10s just eat up confidence and approaches-.. It's just so easy to pick and choose.. Online is such a crap shoot, time investment, and devoid of the thrill that makes pickup so goddamn fun.

But then again, if you have a great tried and true system like BlackDragon's.. maybe it's a valuable alternative.

$M
          The thing is that on the internet, you won't find the 10's. at least from what i've seen. Also all the chicks i have met online are freaks, with lse... who makes lots of drama and my life hard.

Actually the best shot, in order to meet the best women is daygame and social circle. Social circle is just too much work for so little. daygame is cool, but i like nightgame, because I really enjoy the atmosphere i sarge in. I just love clubbing.

Comment

I think looks have a lot to do ONL more then in person .. I don't want to brag I just open a POF account all I have is a face pic with aviator sunglasses and a side pic that shows my arm which you can see my bicep and half of my face I m a good looking guy besides where I live is a requirement to have at least a decent body I live in a city that you can smell the vanity when you are out socializing ... And I sent only 20 msgs age range from the women are 18-33 so far I have received 15 msgs back I also got open by a 31 yr old girl semi decent her = Hi you are a cutie I love your tattoos ... I haven't respond yet ... and having the profile just for 1 week that lets meet feature I have 20 women that want to meet which only two are semi decent ... Also I live in a big city *Miami* and I can pick the 10"s with my fingers from what I"ve seen so far on POF ...

I really don't like the onl dating I tried it because I"ve seen a lot of guys saying is easy pussy I rather go out and meet women or fuck the girls in my social circle that"s just me . I also think a 10 onl must be an 7-8 in person just my thought I don't have much experience onl .I m going to play around with it for a bit and check my profile later see what else is new

Comment

Indeed, online game is very brutal.

I can't even attract "average" women on dating sites, and I barely get any attention from whales or uglies, and I'd consider myself pretty average looking. Definitely not deformed or straight up ugly, ala Bat Boy or the Elephant Man, and I'm in shape.. it's not like I'm morbidly obese with an acne face and a neckbeard. I'm just a fuckin' average dude with a normal, average face... I think it's because good looking guys who just want to get their nut off prey upon these bitches knowing they'll be easy to bed, so these fat and ugly bitches think they can do better. Shit is fucking sad.

But yeah, you're not going to find 9-10s over the internet, or even normal women who have their shit together.

Comment

I disagree that you wont find 9s and 10s on dating sites. Look through POF in a big city, and you will find plenty of them. Look at some of the sites in Europe and OMG...

But, here is the thing: like the previous poster mentions, even UGs get incredibly picky on dating sites. I mean, think about it: If you are Joe Average, and you started a profile and your mail box filled up with dozens of messages from HBs offering anything you can think of, why would you just settle for Jane Average? The SHBs online are dating the SHGs. They are going for male-model looks that comes with either a bad boy attitude or big bucks. The rare exception to this is SHBs who are Husband/Boyfriend hunting after being burned by the above type guys and can be gamed with rapport/comfort.

This is maybe 1 in 10,000 chicks.

Now, HB7-8s are a little different story. They are still hard as fuck (because of the attention they are suddenly getting) to attract if you are less than an HG9+, but some of them are susceptible to being gamed. I have had a fair amount of success with these chicks. But numbers wise, it's about 1 in 1,000.
                Thats a lot of work.

I dont mean for all this to discourage guys from online game. I just want guys to be aware that success online is directly proportional to looks and effort.
                If you dont have looks, it's going to take a ton of effort. If you have looks, it's pretty easy.

Despite being a BUFF (Big Ugly Fat Fucker), I *still* manage to get laid online. Craigslist is best (I'll post about that some day), but other sites like POF and OKC work. I got hotter chicks when I was in Europe, because my value was way higher there. But by putting in the hours, I still do OK. I am sure I could do better in real life, but I honestly don't have the time. That might seem like an oxymoron, but in my case, I can spend 2 hours online and message 50 chicks, or I can drive an hour to the nearest club, do a dozen approaches, and drive an hour back home. Piss on that.

Comment

I m pretty sure you can fine 10"s but I still haven't found one yet .what might be a 10 to you might be a 7 to me or what might be a 10 to me might be a 7 to you ,All i know is I still haven't found a solid 10 on POF and I live in a big city ... I just respond to a couple of emails on POF

To me this girl is a 6-7 she 30 yr old .I just set up a date for Friday that's her s.n = LMC0781 ,This is actually my first meet up on POF I ma give it a try ... and I"ll let ya know if she"s as cute as her pics ...

Comment

I live in Toronto and there are TONS of beautiful women on POF. At least 20 new women join that site in my city everyday, although it does make things more difficult (i.e. your own profile is much more difficult to stand out).

I've met quite a few hot women off of POF, but the funny thing is, it's when I least expect it. A lot of women, like men, don't know how to take good photos of themselves, or don't know which ones of them are the best. So yes, I've met chicks who didn't look as good as in their photos, but there were times when their pictures didn't do them justice and they turned to be HOT.

For me at least, the question is if they're down to fuck or not. As long as she's not a warpig, I rather be fucking an HB6 than to not fuck any girl at all. But that's just me, I have lower standards than most guys when it comes to physical attraction.

P.S. JSJ, do you try to take better photos of yourself, knowing that your current photos aren't working as well for you?

Comment

The photo I use is the best one I've ever had. It was done by an extremely talented photography/fine arts student at a local University. So, the photo isn't the issue, it's my butt ugly face, LOL.

Comment

The photo I use is the best one I've ever had. It was done by an extremely talented photography/fine arts student at a local University. So, the photo isn't the issue, it's my butt ugly face, LOL.

Come on you can't be that ugly Lol

Well like I m saying I can't find an HB9 or HB10 ,I was playing around with POF last night and went through a bunch of profiles the best looking girls where 7"s maybe because I m picky bastard .

Comment

I have a 17 year old HB9 daughter. The number one bad thing she can say about any guy is...

Boring!

That is the biggest guy crime. Boredom is the boogie man young women fear most.

Their other fear is looking uncool in front of their friends.

Uncool is almost as bad as boring.

They live for excitement and to be considered cool by cool peers.

You need to find a way to offer them exciting relief from boredom without any fear of having to look uncool because they are with an old guy.
                          Last edited by Silvertree; 10-06-2011, 09:33 PM.
                          The older the violin, the sweeter the music. Augustus McCrae

Comment

I'm about to hit the big 4-0 next year, and I'm not bad looking but I'm certainly not good-looking.

Yes, response rates are lower for older, less-good-looking guys. I'm sure if I was a muscular, good-looking 27 year-old using my same exact system I would not need to send out nearly as much openers as I do now.

But it's still not a problem if you:

A. Put in the numbers. Email lots of chicks (all the more reason why I don't read profiles...I can email more women faster that way).

B. Constantly hone your online game, removing what doesn't work and integrating what does.

C. Use a small number of the best photos you can get, instead of a larger number of mediocre photos (which is what most guys do).

D. Figure out what your best "target market" is, that type of women who is most likely to fuck you fast. For me, at age 39, women under age 24 are easier than all other age groups. I don't exactly know why (other than women under 24 have less ASD, but there's more to it than that...I just seem to attract these women better), but I know it works. So guess what age group I target online first?

Regarding online game vs. other types of game (club game, daygame), if you're a more social guy or the type of guy who likes to push his skills to the limit, online game probably isn't your best choice. Online game is for guys like me: guys who don't want to work too hard, just want to get laid, and don't give a shit about social aspects or improving anything.
                            How to have 3 hour meet-to-lays and nonmonogamous relationships with any type of woman:
                            The Blackdragon Blog

Comment

Would you say your looks hinder you being successful in picking up the women you want in real life, or is it better, if even slightly? And why do you continue to do use it if you're hardly successful online?

In my case, I've been told I'm "cute" by several women, and I've never really been told to my face that I've been rejected because of what I look like, but online I hardly get any responses on sites like PoF. I've tried bottom of the barrel, last resort sites like craig's list as well, with no luck whatsoever. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X