Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online is brutal for an old, ugly fucker.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course my looks hinder my success in real life. But I do generally have better success in real life than online. The pic I use is the best one I've got, so I go with it.

Now, I could (and just might) start a whole thread on looks and game. But the gist of it is this: there are two factors that a non-good looking guy can "work" when it comes to women- "type" and "connection". If you are her type, it doesnt matter whether you are conventionally good looking or not. For example, ever notice the hot chicks who are always hanging out with a stringy-haired, acned up, rocker guy? They like the rocker "type", and thats more important to them than looks. I can wrap my head around this because I like Asian chicks, and they don't have to be particularly good looking asians either.
    I stay on dating sites because, and this is critically important- I am always *some* chicks type. For example, on OKC one time I got an "eye candy" award and a "You are so freaking cute" msg from a 19 year old HB8. Who, unfortunately, lived about 600 miles away. But, obviously, I was her type. Now if I was a ripped 25 year old model, I would be a lot MORE chicks type. But like BD said- It's a numbers game....its just that the numbers for me really, really suck.

The other thing is "connection". If you can get her "into" you, then it doesnt matter what you look like. And i am VERY good at getting women "into" me. Most guys suck at that, at least online. As one chick once said, "I don't like guys who are short, or bald, or fat...unless I'm in love, in which case all bets are off."

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdragon View Post
      I'm about to hit the big 4-0 next year, and I'm not bad looking but I'm certainly not good-looking.

Yes, response rates are lower for older, less-good-looking guys. I'm sure if I was a muscular, good-looking 27 year-old using my same exact system I would not need to send out nearly as much openers as I do now.

But it's still not a problem if you:

A. Put in the numbers. Email lots of chicks (all the more reason why I don't read profiles...I can email more women faster that way).

B. Constantly hone your online game, removing what doesn't work and integrating what does.

C. Use a small number of the best photos you can get, instead of a larger number of mediocre photos (which is what most guys do).

D. Figure out what your best "target market" is, that type of women who is most likely to fuck you fast. For me, at age 39, women under age 24 are easier than all other age groups. I don't exactly know why (other than women under 24 have less ASD, but there's more to it than that...I just seem to attract these women better), but I know it works. So guess what age group I target online first?

Regarding online game vs. other types of game (club game, daygame), if you're a more social guy or the type of guy who likes to push his skills to the limit, online game probably isn't your best choice. Online game is for guys like me: guys who don't want to work too hard, just want to get laid, and don't give a shit about social aspects or improving anything.
      Interesting... do you search 18-24 or 22-24 or what? I know you're a statistics guy... what's the absolute best age range for you, given your preferences, looks, profile, etc.

And no, I am not asking you to justify why you like younger women lol... I just mean statistically, the responses rates you've observed.

Comment

Interesting; thanks for clarifying.

You mentioned Asian women, do you have much success with them online? If anything, I would have thought that they are the most materialistic and demanding.

Originally posted by JetSetJim View Post
        Of course my looks hinder my success in real life. But I do generally have better success in real life than online. The pic I use is the best one I've got, so I go with it.

Now, I could (and just might) start a whole thread on looks and game. But the gist of it is this: there are two factors that a non-good looking guy can "work" when it comes to women- "type" and "connection". If you are her type, it doesnt matter whether you are conventionally good looking or not. For example, ever notice the hot chicks who are always hanging out with a stringy-haired, acned up, rocker guy? They like the rocker "type", and thats more important to them than looks. I can wrap my head around this because I like Asian chicks, and they don't have to be particularly good looking asians either.
        I stay on dating sites because, and this is critically important- I am always *some* chicks type. For example, on OKC one time I got an "eye candy" award and a "You are so freaking cute" msg from a 19 year old HB8. Who, unfortunately, lived about 600 miles away. But, obviously, I was her type. Now if I was a ripped 25 year old model, I would be a lot MORE chicks type. But like BD said- It's a numbers game....its just that the numbers for me really, really suck.

The other thing is "connection". If you can get her "into" you, then it doesnt matter what you look like. And i am VERY good at getting women "into" me. Most guys suck at that, at least online. As one chick once said, "I don't like guys who are short, or bald, or fat...unless I'm in love, in which case all bets are off."

Comment

I dont really target asians online. There are not enough in my area to be worth it. If I see one, I contact her, but it's not something I go out of my way for.

That said, I did just post an action report on a Day1 with a Chinese student.

Comment

Working...
          X