Style: best advice video ive seen in PU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style: best advice video ive seen in PU

Not much to say but this is more or less exactly how i do it for bases level dress-up and some of the details i cater too explained with imagery of the types i follow

half the shit is
    * Fit - and matches of fits (eg jeans, shoes, a v-neck and blazer connect can make you look elite or everydayish)
    * Nuances of how you do things with a little finesse (eg styling of the way you roll up sleeves, adding small items - think 10-20% expansion of your look with finesse not 100% full pea cocking)
    * Grooming, select accessories and shoes

follow key celebs for insights and purchase smartly in key stores. I combine with a few more expensive things - especially shoes. i Cannot emphasise shoes enough.

Advanced - become captivating
    * Specific attitude elements that are brought forward and needs some confidence to carry it. i have jackets i purchased inspired by teevs that ALL girls will comment when i wear it. With eg a black outfit one key item can really come into play and make a statement. again - look at celebrities you like and that you think has that extra thing you wanna signal.
    * Add in some other elements that fit your personal colours etc to make you glitter a little- credit: Bacchus had a good description of this somewhere. For me "red coloured things" contrasts my skin and hair colour extremely well for some reason.
    * certain specific elements gives class or other. I tend to wear long almost dress likes which gives an emperorish thing and plays with a certain mystery. At the same time the softness of its sway gives a sense of wanting to touch.
    * understand beauty - eg 3 well-placed tattos can create a syncronity that outranks a single, two or three put without attention to the other. nature tend to operate in unevens. etc etc.

the above(s) sub communicates shitloads of things - more than what he is eluding too but i think he covers it quite well ( in his black unfit tshirt!)

This is similar to what "lingerie" does to us for women.

--
    ps: Written a bit fast and more for just collecting myself on an area. hope its comprehensible.

I already posted this here: https://nextasf.com/forum/nextasf/ge...duction-part-1

But good take and break down..

Comment

Glow, I really like the points you added!!

I found the vid a bit lacking.
      -His t-shirt puts me in immediate distrust. If he is style expert, he ought to know black is NOT his color, and that putting your non-color near your face is even worse crime. (jeans/shoes you can usually get away with)
      -His hand movements are excessive and try hard. Adds further to #1.
      -Excess emphasis on trend.
      -Not a word on color, except nonsense stuff regarding black and white.
      -Not a word on playful and sexy elements (key for pu).

For vids, I lean towards https://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaMconsulting (esp. his early vids)

Comment

The blind leading the blind in this video.

If you really want to learn about how to dress better, read menswear blogs, join a dedicated online community, hang around, post some fits and get advice from people who know about style. Donít listen to a guy who fidgets in front of the camera in a black tshirt, and a patchy beard.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenclos View Post

If you really want to learn about how to dress better, read menswear blogs, join a dedicated online community, hang around, post some fits and get advice from people who know about style. Donít listen to a guy who fidgets in front of the camera in a black tshirt, and a patchy beard.
          look at the POINTS made. one of them is actually the same as what ou say albeit slightly more nuanced and a bit more concrete and useful

Comment

?

Read yours and ijjjis post and agree more or less with your points of critique.

Edit:
            Removed my critique of the video, as it wonít go anywhere and this is not a menís style forum anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ijjjji View Post
              Glow, I really like the points you added!!

I found the vid a bit lacking.
              -His t-shirt puts me in immediate distrust. If he is style expert, he ought to know black is NOT his color, and that putting your non-color near your face is even worse crime. (jeans/shoes you can usually get away with)
              -His hand movements are excessive and try hard. Adds further to #1.
              -Excess emphasis on trend.
              -Not a word on color, except nonsense stuff regarding black and white.
              -Not a word on playful and sexy elements (key for pu).

For vids, I lean towards https://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaMconsulting (esp. his early vids)
              yeah i understand the fact that his appearance disqualifies things a bit. But lets try to look past that.
              you have excellent addons - nice - will you write about them or have you anywhere? i just got curioys about playful and sexy elements. and color.
              My emphasis was that he has good points for getting the basic look up an running with a sharp base-level lookwith some edge and elitish subcomm if one consider some of his points.
              for a short video i think it captures some things i find important at at a nice specific level.

i find alpha consult a little to generalised in his points fot them to really give me anything. But that might just be about preference. cool (y)

Comment

Originally posted by Skills360 View Post
                I already posted this here: https://nextasf.com/forum/nextasf/ge...duction-part-1

But good take and break down..
                Didnt see that . let me just read yours.

----------------
                Edit: Seems more a sidenote to a more generalised post about appearance. My specific aim is more about styling up and how to work that efficiently. but cool.
                Last edited by glow; 07-31-2017, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Well yes, it is like learning pick up, you need to go out, practice, discuss it with other dedicated players, chat on forums, etc...

Same with fashion...

That does not mean a video is not good or informative, nor does it not mean that a good seduction ebook is "blind leading the blind".

You argument is a bit weird. I think the basics covered in this video are not bad.

Sidenote: glow does not dress bad - just so you know.

To glow: I am back home next Tuesday, let me know if you wanna hang out.

-Teev
                  Last edited by Teevster; 07-31-2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks for writing the essense of it very clearly Teevs.
                    Yeah lets find some time to play. Need to hear about your adventures

Comment

A few select points from others around the forum to add to the intelligence here and connect some dots - just to expand on the advanced parts beyond the video:

----------------
                      On "a glittery quality" from bacchus
                      https://nextasf.com/forum/nextasf/ge...-23-Seduction=

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                      /.....if you're reading this post I'd like to think you're looking for something a bit more interesting. A personal brand goes beyond looks... you're trying to urge her to think along the lines of a fantasy before you even turn and look at her. My own specific brand is that of the "perverted-classy-poet."

Think Serge Gainsbourgh and turn him younger and African. I also have a low sexual voice... similar to a hum. From singing and playing instruments for years. As well as demeanor I learnt from playing sports and walking the run-way in my younger days... know what your strengths are and use them to your advantage. It's best to start with something simple. I could write much more on this but a universal thing to remember is the colors you were... you want to look like gold.

For example I have a pale-white natural buddy with black hair, he wears all black, dark hues with silver bracelets, all the time. I have a friend who has darker skin than me... and he wears white, dark blue and gold chains. Both dudes drown in pussy. The reason for this... is from afar you will have a certain glittery quality... think the vampires in Twilight. It's not news that gold is still one of the most alluring rocks known to man... and if you want to get your rocks off with a young turbo hottie... and a Pretty Princess at that... you will want to represent class in some obscure form. So she can start to chase you.
                      [B][U]
                      ----------------
                      Cozy on "various broader attractiveness triggers" :
                      https://nextasf.com/forum/nextasf/ge...115#post260115

Originally posted by thecostofsuccess View Post

Sales in that context is about accessibility of an idea to an audience. The simple core appetites being given attention. Rather than just willy nilly organic generation of ideas that may or may not be accessiible to the customer base.

One thing I know for sure about girls is they tend to have a fetish for nice musculature,
                      Not so much a certain shape or size, but muscles that are qualatively there.
                      Plumpness :P (its like curves and voluptuous features on girls, just enough and it awakens the imagination)
                      So I start there

Then I use fresh clean looks, and certain styles
                      I use the following styles
                      - simple classy
                      - classy casual
                      - casual
                      - skater/surfer (beanie and jacket in winter, open clothes in summer)
                      - sensual awesomely passionate mysterious
                      - rugged
                      - rocker

Used the cute, skater style today cuz its fn cold, walked past this cute girl who... ha turned around for a second look after passing me (I laughed as she did it cuz we both turned around at the same time)
                      Sales in these contexts are simple to understand. The skater look I use (not the pulled down pants bs) is a look designed to make me look cute and wrapped up in stuff she wants to peel back (its a cosy warm look). The surfer look is designed to suggest openess, and a liberated point of view. The rocker look is used to have a hard hitting "whoa" effect that knocks girls back into wanting to be a groupie. The mysterious look is usually the one I use, its draw is to bring them into observing my own features and mood. Rugged is a look I do when I'm just doing work stuff. Classy and casual are just typical tshirt, jeans, shirt, dress pants variations, and different belts and shoes (colognes).

The selling aspect of each triggers most girls the same way, they like those types of dudes.

You then add charm, and how you are not all fucked up over her looks.
                      Grind off all the chumpy stuff. And most girls would agree you got something to work with.
                      Add in good movement, body language, smoothness a nice feel about you, and voila.
                      Bon apetite.
                      Helps make our presence and style poetic and emotion triggering by the related look-vibe. Theres some world class insight in the above quotes for me.

----
                      Edit: SKILLS i know youve been posting alot on the topic of appearance etc. im just collecting things i see for my view of things to provide my perspective to triangulate things and to mobilise my own style in new directions a part of a personal presence project. Will read through yours too.

Comment

I have the feeling you took my reaction to the video a bit personally. Iím not here to upset other members.

That said, I still think the video offers bad advice about style. We could go through each fit he comments on and analyse it. But it seems you like the video and we obviously disagree here.

Originally posted by Teevster View Post
                        Sidenote: glow does not dress bad - just so you know.
                        This is not about how your friend Glow dresses. I'm sure he dresses well.

Comment

If you really want to learn about how to dress better, read menswear blogs, join a dedicated online community
                          Field tested:
                          -blogs are very mixed. Just like youtube. Id say the bullshit ones outnumber the actually good ones 20 to1.
                          -dedicated style forums are a total waste of time in my experience. Completely misplaced focus. As in excess nerding/perfectionism over non-essential details..

Comment

I have the feeling you took my reaction to the video a bit personally. Iím not here to upset other members.

That said, I still think the video offers bad advice about style. We could go through each fit he comments on and analyse it. But it seems you like the video and we obviously disagree here.

This is not about how your friend Glow dresses. I'm sure he dresses well.
                            Fair with your disagreement on the value of the video points. We all welcome good discussion in here.
                            No biggie.

Comment

Regardless of the quality of this specific video, I generally believe style guides are mostly worthless beyond the bare bones of it. Yeah there are pretty agreed upon styles that are nicer than others but at the end of the day, the x-factor seems to be 1. How much does one resonate with their style and 2. How much does their style resonate with them. Trial and error and asking the opinions of others are good but at the end of the day, one has to make their own unique stylistic choices unless they want to look like they get dressed by their mother. If you don't believe me go to any American state university and look at all the chodey frat boys in the same shit like they sent out a memo. Regardless of how good or not the style is (and it goes both ways in this case) you can just sense these frat boys are simply mimicking each other.

sidenote: I once hung out at my friends frat for a while (most of the guys there were pretty chill) but I ripped on their boat shoes so much (in a joking way) that they gradually stopped wearing them. This story just goes to show that most people wear what they THINK others will like but aren't really sure about it themselves. If boat shoes were really the shit and whoever wore them truly liked them, they would've just took my jokes and moved on but my (not so) subtle hinting caused them to re-evaluate their feelings about the shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X