Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime! (to hell w 'faking')

Showtime! (to hell w 'faking')

The guilt / assumption that we are being judged for the things we do..
    ..I feel it comes from a place of wanting to hide our 'dual layers'; A) what we do B) what we want to achieve. The thinking becomes:

"If I do X, what will others think of me."
    (Note the conflict of "X" vs. "I"/"me" in this statement.)

"Showtime!" - Im putting on a show / performing an act / going into character / 'gameface' / etc..
    (This is 'honest'/'upfront' duality. "Im putting on a show over here. Check it out.")

For me personally, this way of thinking makes all the difference in the world. I never want to be the person 'trying to be something'. That KILLS me inside. I want to be the person putting on a show. That level of 'honesty' sets me free somehow.

In sales I notice a similar thing. Grant Cardone calls it “Doing what works vs. Doing what looks good”

Comment

Maybe the whole "Showtime" should be swapped out with something else?

Especially considering it is a phrase used by many forum members here for a whole different context?

-Teevster
      Teevster (TVA_Oslo) AKA. Alek Rolstad

Projects 2018:
      - Still Rocking
      - Flipping Lesbians (have sex with lesbians)
      - 10 year in PU anniversary!

Comment

The wholly grail of pick up in my opinion is coming across authentic while using some tech that is congruent... For me cocky funny, sexual trolling, fake angry etc... works cause is congruent you can still incorporate tech into who you are... But being honest, authentic, best version of you is where is at... women can sense incongruence of character..

How many times you see posters imitating something that got multiple times laid another poster and they can not get it to work... Then the second poster gets piss and say "you did not do it right" then poster b said "yes i did it just like that multiple times"

Comment

• SargeMaximus

SargeMaximus

commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree with this. All pick up advice should attempt to help guys incorporate tech that is congruent. Unfortunately, most advice is “do it this way or gtfo “

• K

K

commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure, but when you're new all tech is incongruent. Hence why the advice is work everything first, figure out what style suits you best later.

• SargeMaximus

SargeMaximus

commented
          Editing a comment
          I get that, what I’m saying is the main focus should always be on HOW to discover what is congruent.

pickup is a performing art and when you first start none of it is congruent you gotta practice it enough times til it is congruent ...the canned openers colgate gave me sound natural when i say em cuz I practiced to the point of congruency.if everyone did what they are naturally inclined to ,then they wouldnt improve.....Congruency is key ..practicing the same material over and over til its DOWN is how you achieve that ,not taking the half ass easy way out and doing what feels natural to you!

Comment

My Tai Chi teacher has a beautiful way of explaining the congruency problem:

In Tai Chi, you can learn certain "forms", specific ways of moving your body. Once you get used to them, practicing them is something like meditation, it's pretty cool. But if you simply follow them in a real fight, you'll most probably lose. First, those forms assume that your opponent moves in a certain way. If he doesn't, you'll be unable to defend yourself properly. Second, your own movements will be quite predictable, at least to someone who has seen those forms in action. Not a good idea in a fight.

So what you'll have to do instead is to "tune in" to the situation at hand, and let it dictate your movements. If you do that, you'll encounter certain limits to your movability every once in a while. That's where the "forms" come in handy. They are designed to have you expand your movability in a relaxed practicing environment so you can use an expanded movability when necessary.

You can apply the very same concept to anything in life. Let's take emotions as an example. If you're "in tune" with a situation, the most appropiate response to a situation might be anger. But perhaps you've developed the idea that "anger is bad", so you block yourself from going into that anger. That inner blockade throws you out of that "in tune" state, and your reaction to a situation becomes off, incongruent. Now that you're aware of this inner limitation, you can use certain techniques to practice expanding your movability in terms of emotions, so that next time around you'll be able to surpass your former blockade.

That's the most healthy approach to exercise and how to incorporate it in a congruent way I've come across so far.

Jester
          Bunterrichten - Alternativen zum Unter-richten:

Comment

When you watch old school acting there is a way people set the tone. Shakespeare had the narrator but as Ijjji is putting duality I’d say “Nope”

What you are pointing at is a mix of conformity and some other textile that I’m not wanting to bother with.

Remember to put on a show you have to set the stage.
            Is this all in my head? You don't
            move like a normal girl - Normal girls
            don't look like that, not in their eyes
            or the way you orchestrate my butterflies

Brett McGibbon

Self improvement isnt anywhere near as powerful as making her tingle lol

PUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TahFeqo1iiU

Comment

Originally posted by Skills360 View Post
              The wholly grail of pick up in my opinion is coming across authentic while using some tech that is congruent... For me cocky funny, sexual trolling, fake angry etc... works cause is congruent you can still incorporate tech into who you are... But being honest, authentic, best version of you is where is at... women can sense incongruence of character..

How many times you see posters imitating something that got multiple times laid another poster and they can not get it to work... Then the second poster gets piss and say "you did not do it right" then poster b said "yes i did it just like that multiple times"

Exactly!

Congruency, context and calibration go a long way to helping guys succeed and also they help explain why one guy succeeds with a technique whilst another fails.

Comment

Working...
              X