frame control vs. vibing or swingcat versus craig ferguson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frame control vs. vibing or swingcat versus craig ferguson

Recently I discovered the problem that some of my frame control actually ruins the interaction.

Examples would be:

breaking rapport too hard (too early in the interaction)

teasing too hard

prize-framing gone wrong (seemed try-hard)

So what I have discovered is that sometimes this alpha, I am the shit and prize attitude works while other times it doesn't and ruins the interaction.

In these cases I have the feeling that a flirty, playful connection would have been better (like Craig Ferguson does it with his female guests) than the badboy, challenging vibe.

I am a bit lost inbetween the two and can't really decide what to go for, when to use ( social circle, cold approach etc.) andh how.

or let me put it in other words

when people look for a connection and then you play the prize game (not answering questions straight away, not complying to requests etc.) they get pissed off

is it all a matter of calibration to the personality + adjusting to which stage in the interaction you are at ?

like for example an older women at work (who WAS, maybe still is) into me but doesn't know me asked me for my first and last name.

I could've withhold the last name playfully but I did not. ( = I feel in this case I was too availible)

but another example is a female colleague from work asked me if she can borrow a book from ne and I played this "hard to get" game
    she was pissed about it.
    so in this case it was try-hard and poorly c alibrated.

so could one say that these power plays are best used in the attraction phase + still but less used in comfort?

Comment

M advice would be to drop that whole cocky funny thing, its clearly doesn't fit with your personality. Just focus on having fun and vibing with the girl and escalating.

Comment

my two cents donít try to bounce between the two based off calibrating to her. will be too contrived and will appear like people pleasing more so than calibrating.

instead a couple weeks on each. whichever works better for you stick with that for a month or two. then switch to the one that doesnít work as well for a month or two. once youíve worked on both individually then you should be able to transition between the two. but it seems to be a sticking point of yours right now being fickle. fickle isnít good.

ive settles into more a swinggcat style of game. you should be prizing regardless. but free association may be best for you at this point.

iíll also mention swinggcat should really be studied. donít just go over it once and then try to apply it. his shit is pretty complex.

Comment

I remember going through this stage!!
          It happened right around the time where I decided that I needed to learn swinggcat and mystery stuff.
          (I was only using GWM and my own invention 'CGE' prior to that.)

Comment

Quite interesting. I'm convinced that a big part of the style of game that you should be running is based up your own natural personality, the personality of the girl, and also your location/culture. I really don't think that 'game' is quite as 'one size fits all' as the people who sell you this stuff try to tell you it is.
            This would also help explain why there are so many arguments about a certain style of game/guru being 'the only way' or how direct game is 'wrong' or indirect game is 'wrong' or how next gen verbals are cringey or mysterymethod is bad and outdated etc!!.It all depends on various factors in my opinion.

From my own experience, i've more or less always used JulienRSD as my very general model. (although I have seen/read pprobably any PUA material you can direct me towards)
            Lots of breaking rapport, early negs, commanding tonality, very cocky etc. However, i've recently been experimenting with trying to change my vibe a little after watching some recent TylerRSD vids where he does everything different and is much more rapport seeking and playful and 'harmless' and can almost come across as a gay best friend, but he still get's the job done! I haven't gone as far as he seems too, but i've decided that any sort of breaking rapport and stuff at the early part of an interaction is just too much for most UK girls. We don't even speak to strangers in general here! We're famous for it!! It's very different to the US when it comes to conversing with strangers. So opening and negging and being commanding straight away is a recipe for disaster here in my opinion! This isn't LA. The loose model i'm working with at the moment is to open with character 'A' who is the harmless, friendly, curious dude. Then flip into 'character B' who is a bit more of a cocky guy, and then, once I feel I have attraction, I can kind of free-style it and slow it down and escalate.

Comment

Originally posted by Subterfuge View Post
              Q.So opening and negging and being commanding straight away is a recipe for disaster here in my opinion! This isn't LA. The loose model i'm working with at the moment is to open with character 'A' who is the harmless, friendly, curious dude. Then flip into 'character B' who is a bit more of a cocky guy, and then, once I feel I have attraction, I can kind of free-style it and slow it down and escalate.
              ^ I think that model works quite well now a days with the new generation, i am following similar model:

I go in friendly, fun,harmless, and then disqualify myself.

once i reach hook point i switch to a more sexual threat character....

P.s. I find tyler new game style cringe, all he does is exchange instagram, and gets the girl based on celebrity status....I considerd learning form Rsd in 2019 to be a mistake if you are cold approaching, but that is my take. Unless jeffy/derek.

Comment

Working...
              X