The End Is Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End Is Here

We are going to pull the plug on this forum on June 1. There is not enough posting to justify the expense and work. To those guys who continued to post here, thanks for trying to keep it alive.

I had more good times than bad, and was glad to contribute to this community, which taught me more about how life works than any other. My only regret is that I didn’t learn this stuff when I was young.

So, with malice towards none and charity to all, thanks for the memories.

Mike
    Last edited by Silvertree; 06-02-2019, 07:35 PM.
    The older the violin, the sweeter the music. Augustus McCrae

why not add an option where people can pay to keep the forum alive.

i would be willing to pay monthly to keep the forum alive.

this would also filter out people who are not serious.

Comment

Sad to hear this, is there anyway to "pass the torch" to someone else then before shutting it down completely ? Maybe make the thread about it and see if anyone is willing to do it ?
      Adding an option to support the forum would be also good, because there is not enough posting I imagine expanses to run are not high ?

Comment

Originally posted by SexualHero View Post
        Sad to hear this, is there anyway to "pass the torch" to someone else then before shutting it down completely ? Maybe make the thread about it and see if anyone is willing to do it ?
        Adding an option to support the forum would be also good, because there is not enough posting I imagine expanses to run are not high ?
        Sadly, no. I know many great offers were made, but the answer was always no, despite good money being offered to buy the place. The bidders were not even commercial actors, but genuine PUA's who cared about this community.

Why the offers were declined; only BD knows (and I have never understood the guy), but perhaps silvertree knows something...

-Teevster

Comment

Originally posted by Teevster View Post

Sadly, no. I know many great offers were made, but the answer was always no, despite good money being offered to buy the place. The bidders were not even commercial actors, but genuine PUA's who cared about this community.

Why the offers were declined; only BD knows (and I have never understood the guy), but perhaps silvertree knows something...

-Teevster
          Well hopefully now that they decided to shut down the place they might change their mind and accept offers from others willing to carry on, it wouldn't make any sense otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by SexualHero View Post

Well hopefully now that they decided to shut down the place they might change their mind and accept offers from others willing to carry on, it wouldn't make any sense otherwise
            Maybe, but I am affraid it is a bit too late now. The place was going in the wrong direct, and has been for a while. The bidders saw potentiald to turn it around and save it... but now the place has reach rock bottom, and I really do not see any potential or reasons to save this place. At this point, starting fresh seems more appealing.

But who knows...

I was one of the bidders (i will not name the others, but I have been in contact with most of them), I got shut down before even being able to make an offer.

-Teevster

Comment

Originally posted by Teevster View Post

Maybe, but I am affraid it is a bit too late now. The place was going in the wrong direct, and has been for a while. The bidders saw potentiald to turn it around and save it... but now the place has reach rock bottom, and I really do not see any potential or reasons to save this place. At this point, starting fresh seems more appealing.

But who knows...

I was one of the bidders (i will not name the others, but I have been in contact with most of them), I got shut down before even being able to make an offer.

-Teevster
              Well I think at this point it would be only fair to give this place for free to whomever is willing to keep putting effort and money into it.
              I don't see the point of starting fresh, I think main issue is lack of traffic, interest in pua and seduction seems to be waning over the years ( which I don't understand - what men don't want to fuck women anymore ??? )
              I don't see how new place could solve this issues, and besides we already have a lot of good stuff here posted over years...

Comment

• Subterfuge

Subterfuge

commented
                Editing a comment
                '' I think main issue is lack of traffic, interest in pua and seduction seems to be waning over the years ( which I don't understand - what men don't want to fuck women anymore ??? )'' - This is the main issue. But like another guy mentioned earlier in a different thread about a youtube comment he read, I think the issue over the last decade or so is that the BELIEF in game has basically gone. Maybe it's to do with tinder and stuff or PUA's being caught out frauding infields etc, but the idea that there's any 'skill' involved in getting girls has all but disappeared and so most don't see a reason to get involved as there's nothing at all to 'learn'. Only solution is to get teh best PUA's to wear super realistic super ugly latex masks and then film infields of them pulling models! (not that that's possible either, but you see where i'm coming from! lol)

hmmm, shitty news.

if bulding up a new place / forum is what it's gonna be, I am more than happy to help

Comment

Can you create PDF archives for the best posters in the history of NextASF like they did for the original mASF before shutting it down?

Comment

Sad news.

It would be nice if we had an archive so we would not be forced to manually save our stuff

Comment

Thanks for all the fish!

I managed to grab a copy of YaReally’s archive before it was shut down. I’d be interested in making/getting an archive of NextASF as well. I’m guessing you’d mind me scraping the forum though...

Comment

• Dr Feelgood

Dr Feelgood

commented
                      Editing a comment
                      can you upload yareallys archive?

Wtf? This is sad. Guess I'll find another fourm to troll *sarcasm*

In all seriousness, where will this new place be? I feel like I'm finally getting some results and NOW it shuts down. Typical.

Comment

Post or pm me the places you guys are planning to go to....

Comment

Sorry to hear this. How long will the forum still be up? Big thanks to all the posters here who have contributed their knowledge over the years. If anyone is interested in letting me know where they will now be posting that would be great (Will not post just to lurk mainly. Or maybe to ask a question. As I've learned people want to learn from the pros not intermediates). PUA forum or not I am still very interested in all aspect of game .

Comment

I guess we could all infiltrate one of the other existing PUA forums using the same screen names? lol
                          Most of them ARE dying out, though (as was previously noted. Less and less interest (belief?) in game/PUA)
                          Roosh is still a fairly active forum, but has a weird vibe there!
                          http://mpuaforum.proboards.com/ was one they tried to get going, but that place is struggling in the same way this one was/is.
                          Or someone can start a new one
                          Or save this one
                          Or just forget it and move on

Comment

Working...
                          X