Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT DO YOU PREFER AS THE NEW NEXTASF PLATFORM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT DO YOU PREFER AS THE NEW NEXTASF PLATFORM?

FACEBOOK
    16.67%
    REDDIT
    54.17%
    OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY IN COMMENT)
    29.17%

id say both and or have no preference over any other one!

Comment

I said other cause I like the current format. But just so long as it keeps going I donít care

Comment

no both please one or the other we are diluted enough...

If you said other make a suggestion please, this forum is done...

Comment

Originally posted by Skills360 View Post
          no both please one or the other we are diluted enough...

If you said other make a suggestion please, this forum is done...
          and no payed shit please, nobody is gonna take the bill

Comment

bump

Comment

voted 'other' as I like this sort of format, but if I had to choose between reddit and facebook, it'd be reddit

Comment

If I had to choose itíd be Facebook. But I like this format

Comment

I like this format too, hopefully maybe ST can pass it to someone else. Voted reddit as I don't like Facebook since they are meddling in everything and are too restrictive, even if they don't close the group they will ban your new Facebook account and will require you to submit photo id to reopen it, so we would have to use real, established Facebook accounts

Comment

• SargeMaximus

SargeMaximus

commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Didn’t know that. I vote Reddit then

As far as I know, the main problem with Facebook is that there's no threads... There's posts, and comments, and that's it. On the other hand, all posts are visible on the front page, so there's going to be more visibility of *all* topics. However, Reddit is the same.

Another benefit of Reddit is that its anonymous nature means the forum can be public. That way, fortunate souls can stumble upon it in the future and learn.

Comment

Reddit by far; we don't have to worry as much about forum maintenance. We can rotate mods as well. Teev or POB can one of you spin a subreddit up?

Comment

Well, darn! I made a big post, the site went dead, and now it won't let me post it.

Grrrr!
                      The older the violin, the sweeter the music. Augustus McCrae

Comment

OK, it is rejecting this post. I'm going to try posting it in segments.

Just my opinion...

Facebook is very PC, and Reddit is getting more that way. Eventually, SJWs will notice you, and a frenzied mob will run you off for teaching psychological rape techniques, or some such rot. 4Chan or 8Chan are better bets, as they have no standards and delight in annoying the PC mob and everyone else, but they are also the Trolls' homeworlds, and they may fuck with you for amusement.

Comment

• WestCoast

WestCoast

commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah, I'm a little worried about Reddit, but if we keep a chill, low profile we will probably be alright. Ie be more like the guy in the middle on the couch rather than the guy on the right "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2nWJPEtbHc" (guy on the right is /r/theredpill which got "quarantined" -- lol at the sjw word choice). Maybe we could have a private subreddit or 4chan site to speak unmoderated by sjws

This leaves starting your own site. Lucky for you, this is something I am not KJing about.

You are going to need a few dedicated people who will do the work to keep the community site going. You are going to need one person who is financially secure enough that they can pay the bills and get the fund raising money later, and be trusted enough that they won't pocket the money and bail. You are also going to need a server/site expert who can deal with installing and maintaining the site and updating the software.(Important for security) And you are going to need someone to be chief moderator who is fair and sane. You are going to need members to donate money to make it all work. PayPal will work for now, but they are also getting PC, and may defund you later on. Venmo is a PayPal product, but if you just use people's names and don't publicize who is collecting the money, you will be below their radar. And, you will have the advantage of being a small fish, and as long as you do not try to attract attention, you will be safe. My bank has a Venmo like service that I get for free with a premium checking account.

Comment

I'm using US Dollars here, people from elsewhere can figure out what it is in local coin.

You likely can get by with a basic or slightly hosting advanced package which should be in the $100-150/year range. You only need one data base, and many hosts include one SSL certificate with your package. Most hosts have unlimited bandwidth and loads of data storage in basic packages. You should look for one that has email service standard, so you can give site managers private email with your site name as the domain for business. Expect 20-50 email accounts as part of the deal. Most also include backup and tech support. All this is common in hosting packages.

If you want a forum like this one, there are three packages available for free that are quite good. And most offer a selection of themes created by users for free, that allow you to chose a color scheme that you can add a logo to. With any web site skills at all, you can have a working forum up in a day or two.

Comment

Working...
                          X