Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on how game is any different for ethnic minorities (asians for example)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on how game is any different for ethnic minorities (asians for example)?

My thoughts:

1. Asians need to put themselves in a subculture where the group would be more inclusive of them based on said subculture or at least go for girls that would be more open to ethnic minorities.
    2. Asians need more of a finesse game with more humor, charm, stoicism, which builds into escalation and closes. Less caveman, more James Bond.
    3. Place yourself in cities where the openness index is higher like NYC or SF perhaps.

Note: This is for gaming non-asian girls in the US especially.

Any other tips, comments, feedback, constructive criticism?
    Last edited by Galaxy; 06-30-2012, 04:13 AM.

Originally posted by pokerodds View Post
    Any other tips, comments, feedback, constructive criticism?
    yes: DAFS before you post. it took me less than 5 minutes to find these, and also that Daigoro wrote an Asian Girls Guide, and that Neo-Reo may be a good resource with MORE posts on 'the old site'.

http://www.pua-zone.com/showthread.p...ighlight=asian

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyChonga View Post
      yes: DAFS before you post. it took me less than 5 minutes to find these, and also that Daigoro wrote an Asian Girls Guide, and that Neo-Reo may be a good resource with MORE posts on 'the old site'.
      Appreciate it but many of those didn't specifically answer my question. How does being an ethnic minority in the US end up affecting game? And what are the forum's thoughts about it? Perhaps I should've asked what being an asian male does to their specific game.

I don't want a guide on asian girls.

For example, would caveman game work if you were an asian dude? Just an example.

Comment

Appreciate it but many of those didn't specifically answer my question. How does being an ethnic minority in the US end up affecting game? And what are the forum's thoughts about it? Perhaps I should've asked what being an asian male does to their specific game.

I don't want a guide on asian girls.
        If you aren't satisfied with the answers that come from searching this topic (that has been discussed quite a bit already, as you can see), then you should be asking specific questions. Which you didn't do. You basically asked people to tell you how to game as an Asian. Now, here is a start:

For example, would caveman game work if you were an asian dude? Just an example.
        What does being an Asian have to do with "caveman game"? Why would it function differently than for a black guy?

I get the idea that you seem to think that being an Asian guy is going to make a lot of advice on this forum inapplicable to you. Members here come from a variety of backgrounds and live in a lot of different parts of the world. It's not as though it's forum for "white guys in the American midwest" or anything like that. Just assume that everything is applicable to you unless you have a really good reason not to think so.

If you think of something specific that you think might affect you, ask, and give your reasoning. Your question about "caveman game" is a bit ridiculous, IMHO, because I can't think of a single reason why being Asian would affect this at all. Perhaps if you gave a reason why you think it would, then we could help you out.

In a nutshell: ask specific questions, and explain why you are asking.

Better yet, test it out for yourself, and post your results. That's how the best progress is made.

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          If you aren't satisfied with the answers that come from searching this topic (that has been discussed quite a bit already, as you can see), then you should be asking specific questions. Which you didn't do. You basically asked people to tell you how to game as an Asian. Now, here is a start:

What does being an Asian have to do with "caveman game"? Why would it function differently than for a black guy?

I get the idea that you seem to think that being an Asian guy is going to make a lot of advice on this forum inapplicable to you. Members here come from a variety of backgrounds and live in a lot of different parts of the world. It's not as though it's forum for "white guys in the American midwest" or anything like that. Just assume that everything is applicable to you unless you have a really good reason not to think so.

If you think of something specific that you think might affect you, ask, and give your reasoning. Your question about "caveman game" is a bit ridiculous, IMHO, because I can't think of a single reason why being Asian would affect this at all. Perhaps if you gave a reason why you think it would, then we could help you out.

In a nutshell: ask specific questions, and explain why you are asking.

Better yet, test it out for yourself, and post your results. That's how the best progress is made.

Thanks for the tips, this was my first post here, so your reply could've been "test things out, see your progress."

I will ask specific questions from here on out
          Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, this was my first post here, so your reply could've been "test things out, see your progress."

I will ask specific questions from here on out
            Thanks for the reply.
            No problem.

Welcome to the forum, and happy hunting.

Comment

Here in the UK, your colour of skin or ethnic group has nothing to do with your ability to game

If you go to a multi-cultural venue (which most venues in the UK are anyway as its such a diverse mix), you should be ok.

Maybe in the US it is more polarised by ethnic group, but not here.

You can be asian, indian or whatever and bang "white" chicks no problem

Spice out

Comment

I've seen some asian guys with really good game. They do tend to be a bit stoic, and seem mentally strong and tough, like a Kung Fu master. Sorry for the stereotyping, but they really did have this mellow yet powerful vibe.

The challenges that are specific to this group are cultural, in my opinion.

Based on encountering many asians who have bad game, I think in the USA there is a big cultural difference. Americans are more self centered than asian culture. Asians are team players, and they believe in sacraficing for the good of the group. It's ingrained in their culture, even for 3rd and 4th generation asian americans.

The problems this creates in the USA, is that chicks perceive a lot of asian players as submissive and too nice. They stereotype asian guys as submissive even before the gaming begins, and then they are biased to think a lot of things indicate submissiveness and nice guy syndrome, even if these actions would be acceptable if coming from a player of another race. It's kind of tough to get through when you're a beginner.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad P. View Post
                  I've seen some asian guys with really good game. They do tend to be a bit stoic, and seem mentally strong and tough, like a Kung Fu master. Sorry for the stereotyping, but they really did have this mellow yet powerful vibe.

The challenges that are specific to this group are cultural, in my opinion.

Based on encountering many asians who have bad game, I think in the USA there is a big cultural difference. Americans are more self centered than asian culture. Asians are team players, and they believe in sacraficing for the good of the group. It's ingrained in their culture, even for 3rd and 4th generation asian americans.

The problems this creates in the USA, is that chicks perceive a lot of asian players as submissive and too nice. They stereotype asian guys as submissive even before the gaming begins, and then they are biased to think a lot of things indicate submissiveness and nice guy syndrome, even if these actions would be acceptable if coming from a player of another race. It's kind of tough to get through when you're a beginner.
                  Thanks for the insight. I'm glad you wrote this as "tough as a beginner" while giving examples of that stoic, strong, tough mentality. It's something that I know can work for many asian dudes. The "too nice" thing is something that I'm working on.

My way of changing perspective: Being daring as an asian dude is more attractive cause it's even more different and rare than what you see everyday

Thanks Brad P, appreciate the reply

Comment

Some of my (white) gfs have told me that they are not attracted to Asian guys.

This didn't apply to the one cool Asian guy friend that I had though. They loved him. Most of the Asian guys I have known are fresh off the boat guys, and these guys are typically super uncool. This guy on the other hand, was fresh off the boat, but he was a cool guy who GOT Western culture. He was not a player or anything though, he had a gf.

My guess is that it is nothing unsurmountable. Especially if your accent is manageable. Btw, check out Kong from Simple Pick Up.

Most of the time when chicks say they don't like this or that, they are just projecting their stereotype. Shatter all those stereotypes in the first seconds by being the Man and you are in-like-Flynn.

Comment

Originally posted by hangman View Post
                      Some of my (white) gfs have told me that they are not attracted to Asian guys.

This didn't apply to the one cool Asian guy friend that I had though. They loved him. Most of the Asian guys I have known are fresh off the boat guys, and these guys are typically super uncool. This guy on the other hand, was fresh off the boat, but he was a cool guy who GOT Western culture. He was not a player or anything though, he had a gf.

My guess is that it is nothing unsurmountable. Especially if your accent is manageable. Btw, check out Kong from Simple Pick Up.

Most of the time when chicks say they don't like this or that, they are just projecting their stereotype. Shatter all those stereotypes in the first seconds by being the Man and you are in-like-Flynn.
                      Thanks for your insight. I must remember they're talking about the stereotype. Do I have to fit into that? No way. I was born and raised in the states so that helps me too.

Comment

Working...
                      X