The purpose of what you wear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The purpose of what you wear

I just wanted to repeat some basics for buying clothes..

If any of you cant see the picture above, please let me know.

Feel free to give feedback if you think there are other roles than the ones I mention above, and we can debate.

Here are some old style threads of varying quality:

Thread: Why style for PU is different from 'style'?

Thread: Shoe discussion w/pics
    Thread: Easier with better clothes? - Trouble hitting the style-jackpot
    Thread: Spray-on jeans trick (lolwut!?) (must try!)
    Thread: Guys who dress well: Ever get called gay?
    Thread: TVA's fashion thread (regularly updated)
    Thread: How do I learn to dress better?
    Thread: fashion, body type, what to buy?
    Thread: Men Accessories???
    Thread: QT: V-neck Vest = Instant upgrade

Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.
    Hates: Putting pressure on others. Things that feel 'brainy'.

Brilliant!

One point I would add: manage focus/perception/attention (under Sexy & show sexuality). As in directing attention to and away from something, i.e. for shorter guys draw attention away from height and to well developed upper body via a well put necklace or scarf. Though in a way it's a similar effect to your "emphasize body contour".
    Get the FREE ebook "What Killed Your Sex Appeal? 5 Awful Mistakes That Men Make With Their Image" and remove cockblocks from your wardrobe.

Comment

Now THIS is a great example of a proper Lifestyle thread. Great job, ijjjji!
      I like carrots! num num num

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by DavidK View Post
        manage focus/perception/attention (under Sexy & show sexuality). As in directing attention to and away from something, i.e. for shorter guys draw attention away from height and to well developed upper body via a well put necklace or scarf.
        Nice advice! Personally I always liked scarfs, shawls, elaborate collars. I hate basic shoulder straps, but love anything resembling epaulettes or pauldrons. However, main reason why I made this particular thread, is to take some focus away from trying to 'look good' in the traditional sense.. allow me to elaborate.

Traditionally, style comes down to:
        -draw focus to your strengths - disguise weaknesses.
        -use colors and contrast level that compliment and bring out your own colors.
        -color coordinate your outfit.
        -wear garments that have a common 'theme'. Also referred to as 'distinct style'.

While these will 'objectively' make you look much better, I have experienced that they usually have _negligible_ effect during sarges, compared to garments described in OP. And its kinda easy to get trapped in style-nerd-frame when shopping, unless you make an effort not to..
        Loves: Shy Girl-coding into Starry-eyed Extroversion, spamming Open-loops and Mini-cold-reads and lots of light kino.

Comment

A couple questions IJ:

Tell me more about the revealing skin idea. It seems like I do better in winter when I have a scarf and hat and almost seem to be hiding my skin. For a girl I can see showing skin as good but a guy. . . . Shorts showing the legs or short sleeves or open neck?

What about body contours if they are not so flattering? Is it better to show contour or hide a big belly. . . . things like that. . .

Some of rest I dig. Love bold colors or things that people can open you by asking about and looking like a walk on the wild side.

Comment

Yes UW, 2 boxes in the middle is the _core_ of all this. The stuff on the right is all situational. I just put it there more as practical/creative examples.

In regard to your question, Id say there are PU scenarios where a fat dude in spandex will get all the girls. This illustrates the power of the 3 elements other than 'sexy' (Im referring to the two boxes in the middle). I guess Im only asking you to think creatively outside the 'look my best' box

Comment

Originally posted by ijjjji View Post
              I guess Im only asking you to think creatively outside the 'look my best' box
              Ah. . . . Look my best = reserved and proper.

Playful, unfazed by Attention, showing Sexuality= Impudence.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Walker View Post
                Ah. . . . Look my best = reserved and proper.

Playful, unfazed by Attention, showing Sexuality= Impudence.
                Wow! Couldnt have put it better myself!! Also, giving off a 'prim & proper' impression makes you far less approachable. (Girls have AA too!) Finally, girls will try to venue change you a lot more when they find you to be playful.

Comment

-My wardrobe care post: http://www.pua-zone.com/showthread.p...l=1#post166395
                  -Also, there are now wardrobe apps, which will allegedly compose the perfect wardrobe for you
                  -You give them some 'input data' (top of picture), and give you a list of items you supposedly should get.. maybe as a very rough guideline, but I dont see the potential tbh..

Comment

Working...
                  X