No announcement yet.

Wearing chelsea boots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never liked CBs tbh. Not exactly sure why I find them to lack style.

If I were to go by counting compliments; bicolor shortwing blucher shoes.
    My method: Say "Hello" or "Wow" > shy look > starry-eyed look > spamming cold-read-compliments + feather light touches

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse View Post
      So, it looks like Chelsea boots seem to be popular in a seducer's arsenal (and I know Teevster, Bacchus and DavidK all recommend it) so Ive just gone and bought a pair:

http://www.asos.com/ted-baker/ted-ba...3&gridcolumn=3

Is there any particular colors I should focus on, or is any color ok? Im going for mostly dark colors but I liked the look of this one too (plus its dirt cheap):

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...eId%3DTopManUK

Does anyone have any other info on whether women dig these boots? I dont get what's so attractive about them tbh from a women's point of view. I see women are commenting on boots here though in general:

http://uk.complex.com/style/2013/11/...ul-women-wear/
      Few reasons why Chelseas work so well:

-Seamless, smooth transition between shoes and jeans, when wearing slim/skinny jeans. Most other popular designs, like sneakers, create an angle that makes them visually "stick out", it's a lot smoother with Chelseas.
      -Highly versatile in terms of images that you can create with your outfit. They work with both dressier and edgier styles.
      -Just simply looks great (though I recommended avoiding designs with round toe)
      -I actually own that first pair and what I love to do is match the navy panel on the shoe with a navy scarf, little details like that make all the difference.

In terms of colors: black, brown, grey - all solid choices.

Just keep in mind that if you're going for suede (as your second example), they can be a bit a pain to look after and not suitable for wet weather (might be an issue in UK )

Counting by compliments that a pair got me:

Chelsea boots >> Grey biker suede boots > Red & white converse > Dark brown combat boots (I think combat boots could be close to the top too, but I just hadn't had really great designs myself) > Others
      Get the FREE ebook "What Killed Your Sex Appeal? 5 Awful Mistakes That Men Make With Their Image" and remove cockblocks from your wardrobe.

Comment

Just ordered a pair too
        Not as shiny though, more rough

QT: have a lot of shoes, invest in them (expensive shoes last years)
        Have shoes for night (darker colours that can dirty) and summer days (lighter that you wont roughen up and just wear for comfort going about your day)

Atm own
        Brown leather cross between dress shoe/boots with some wool inside. Edgy / classy. Great for winter and rough weather, also has edge as it looks like a dress shoe but has an edge. Its like a fuck you in formal.events. *i can dress formally but still will be a rockstar*

Clark dessert boots: bit too cliche but they suit me, I can pull em.off better than 95% of the hipsters.. worn out though will trash em soon

Grey moccassins: very sleazy only for spring/summer daygame or park.. not night they will be ruined in one hour. Clean look is important

Old grey sneakers: look a bit like vans but is not vans.. thry are roughed up though.. will use nightgame / day.. more casual and shows carelessness

The chelsea boots soon!

Tldr
        - What purpose do the shoes have? Night, day, summer winter? Be disciplined in how you use them for effect and lasting looks and quality.
        - what image you wanna pull off? Casual, authority, raw, classy, playful (or a mix)

Chelsea Boots are a great mix: can last rough seasons, get dirty, a bit little bit authority, but also can be raw, show class and its not super formal
        Thus not super polarizing.. it is easy to mix in with a lot of images because of that and the whole image can be polarizing.

EDIT: Great to see David said same more or less about the formal/edgy balance of the chelsea boots

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse View Post
          Great replies guys...just got my boots in today, and my these are sexy beasts!!!

How the fuck do I maintain these? Should I wear a tree shoe thing to keep the shape? I see it creasing on the surface so easily with ridges/wrinkles coming in

And now to find some matching socks!! If I show these off to the ladies, they will see my cheesy socks too no doubt lol lol

Only issue I see with these ted baker beasts is theres literally no grip on the underside whatsoever......not good for icey winter days here I guess

-----

Also found this great post about chelsea boots and different clothing styles to go with it:

https://theidleman.com/manual/advice...chelsea-boots/
          You wont want to wear those in the winter. The leather will get ruined.

I've worn ted baker shoes a long time and they are very well made. I suggest going to a cobbler and getting a pair of clickers tacked onto the heel. They are small pieces of plastic (4$) that protect the heel from wearing down.

Eventually you'll have to treat/replace the toe area of the sole from continuous use and that could cost you somewhere up to 50$ (talking CAD$ here). That being said, you've bought a quality pair of shoes in a classic style. You will likely over spend their original cost from maintenance over the years, but they will maintain their quality and look.

Comment

I owned one pair of Chelsey boots. Wore them around for a while until it became clear that a lot of people thought the same thing about them that I did, then I chucked them.

They're boots for pussies. Old guys in retirement homes who cant do up laces or pull on real boots. They are for guys who don't really ride motorcyles or walk in woods or work in them but they want you to think they are boot men so they buy Chelsey's.

Get tons of compliments when I wear these kinds of boots:

https://www.google.com/search?q=logg...1_B1IQ_AUIBygC

The Loggers look good with a sports coat so it contrasts with the refined and rough.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wing...TX0KzZvV8xM%3A

Cowboy boots work well too or biker boots, maybe hiking boots. If you are going to wear boots get real ones

Comment

^^^ Yup! 100%
              I thought metrosexuals were bad but it's getting worse. Sperm count is on the decline and manliness is becoming a lost art.

Comment

Originally posted by Sase View Post
                ^^^ Yup! 100%
                I thought metrosexuals were bad but it's getting worse. Sperm count is on the decline and manliness is becoming a lost art.
                Spilled some fluids on my laptop so thumbing this on my phone... but ouch guys haha.

The only shoes in my closet are Chelsea boots, in various designs, (pointy, all of em) and (dark) colours. Goes well with my sleazy rockstar look... (Also never was a fan of shoe laces, I still have flash backs to my sisters tying em for me.) However it's worth noting that I'm a European transplant in a continent where having a metrosexual/up-to-date fashion sense, is conflated with homosexuality... seems old-fashioned to me.

Pun intended
                “You know I cant hear none of that spend the night shit... that kumbaya shit”

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                  ... (Also never was a fan of shoe laces, I still have flash backs to my sisters tying em for me.) ...
                  That must have been traumatic.
                  classy-mans-shoelaces-tied-together-home-living-room-46988830.jpg
                  Seriously the shoes in the picture are very similar to a pair that I often wear at "the office." I also do a lot of construction/landscaping work. Chealseas would not be classy enough for my town style and, on the other hand, they'd be totally useless when landscaping, hunting, splitting firewood, etc.

However it's worth noting that I'm a European transplant in a continent where having a metrosexual/up-to-date fashion sense, is conflated with homosexuality... seems old-fashioned to me.

Pun intended
                  Haha, I'm an European transplant myself. Although a different generation. It might be old fashioned but I know women notice a man who knows how to tie both, an Oxford shoe and an army boot (subliminal bondage?) Also suede is for sissies. Leather is dom. Especially aged, regularly polished leather. It just stands out.

Comment

That must have been traumatic.
                    Very! Nothing makes me feel more like a domesticated pussy... cat. Than having girls/women dress me up.

Her: "You can't run outside with untied shoelaces you'll fall!"
                    8-year old Me: "Just watch me! I'll out run you"

During a fling if a chick tries to mother me and make me presentable for whatever (friends, family, parties or other events) I just go with it... no point in ruining her fantasy. After all... it's not like it's going to turn into anything long term

Haha, I'm an European transplant myself. Although a different generation. It might be old fashioned but I know women notice a man who knows how to tie both, an Oxford shoe and an army boot (subliminal bondage?) Also suede is for sissies. Leather is dom. Especially aged, regularly polished leather. It just stands out
                    Yeah agreed, last time I wore an Oxford was for a wedding. Had to do a lot dusting and polishing.

I usually rock leather Chelsea's... the boots themselves don't always get attention. My brand does. (If a girl looks me up-down and notices it, I approach, she has good taste!) And yeah dominance and hints of sadism is quite apparent:
                    IMG_0403.jpgIMG_0404.jpg
                    “You know I cant hear none of that spend the night shit... that kumbaya shit”

Comment

S However it's worth noting that I'm a European transplant in a continent where having a metrosexual/up-to-date fashion sense, is conflated with homosexuality... seems old-fashioned to me.
                      For sure, your location and what is in style there has a lot to do with it. If you wear your pants long enough to cover the tops of the boot people may not even be aware of how tall they were. Like those harness boots you show Bacchus, they would go over well around here unless people saw that they were so short and then they would do that "Why don't you buy real boots?" Hey, two or three inches can make a real difference. :-)

Comment

I wouldn't buy sheep shoes at regular clothing stores like Top man. Buy something that is stylish but also good for your feet.

"If my feet ain't happy, I ain't happy."
                        - Karl Pilkington.

Comment

Working...
                        X