No announcement yet.

Dancing as a hobby next to PU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa dance material on WWW is awesome and endless!

Trying to make sense of what is out there:

Ballroom:
    Waltz
    Foxtrot
    Quick step
    Rumba
    Paso doble
    Jive
    Bolero
    Mambo

Rhythm & Swing:
    West Coast Swing
    East Coast Swing
    Carolina Shag
    Collegiate Shag
    Balboa
    Blues
    Fusion

Latin Swing:
    Tango
    Mambo
    Lindy Hop
    Swing Boogie

Latin nightclub:
    Salsa
    Cumbia
    Mambo
    Merengue
    Porro
    Cha cha
    Bachata

Other:
    Samba
    Lambada
    Reggae Dancehall
    Step
    Jazz
    Ballet
    Nightclub Two Step
    Hustle
    Kizomba
    Semba
    Zouk

Comment

Capoeira, House, Pole dancing, Burlesque, Zumba, underwater-ballet (i forgot the 'real'name)... :P

edit: this list is nice? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...yle_categories

Comment

Originally posted by ijjjji View Post
        Whoa dance material on WWW is awesome and endless!

Trying to make sense of what is out there:

Ballroom:
        Waltz
        Foxtrot
        Quick step
        Rumba
        Paso doble
        Jive
        Bolero
        Mambo

Rhythm & Swing:
        West Coast Swing
        East Coast Swing
        Carolina Shag
        Collegiate Shag
        Balboa
        Blues
        Fusion

Latin Swing:
        Tango
        Mambo
        Lindy Hop
        Swing Boogie

Latin nightclub:
        Salsa
        Cumbia
        Mambo
        Merengue
        Porro
        Cha cha
        Bachata

Other:
        Samba
        Lambada
        Reggae Dancehall
        Step
        Jazz
        Ballet
        Nightclub Two Step
        Hustle
        Kizomba
        Semba
        Zouk
        hehe - be careful though.
        youtube doesnt capture more than surfacelevel of things. its illusive and misleading more than anything. Unless send to you by an intelligent agent of sorts who knows.
        so be carefull with making it a big research project - also in how you learn it once you get started.
        technique is good and important, but if you can find a connection with the music and the girl the work will be joyful and your level will excell a more serious approach
        make it "play" vs "a project"
        while creating a tight structure you dance from (technique and foundations)
        challenge: try to just follow what calls you from within and move towards it curiously. alllow other intelligences in you to start getting engaged. this will give you a better entry into it from my point of view as you open up to the aliveness elements of dancing.

you list is focussed on what is called "couple dancing". vs eg inidivual performance type dancing - just to give some context

Kizomba
        Semba
        Zouk
        tends to be very affiliatted w the latin night club genre dspite being afro carribean southamerican in its source

most dances have subgenres that may differentiate them immensely eg bachata.

a list like that can be a bit overwhelming for you to choose from. ii would thinki of more as foods with various flavors - youll probably like most and not some and some more than others. but whether you eat the greatest cousine or a nice good value delicios meal - both will provide a really good experience and satisfaction point being: go eat what you sense you would like to try

Comment

Thanks for warning.
          For the time being Im just looking for a functional casual entry, so not really worried about depth and purity, but will keep in mind for later.

Comment

got u (y)

Comment

I think I might enroll in some salsa or rumba classes later this year, might be fun

Comment

Originally posted by thecostofsuccess View Post
                I think I might enroll in some salsa or rumba classes later this year, might be fun
                i did for fun, tons of girls, but more of social circle game...Full of afcs lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sase View Post
                  Good points. Makes sense. I like the engines analogy.
                  Sexual State is more accepted in the club setting, I suppose. Heavy flirtation is accepted by everyone as part of a fun night out. I'm afraid it could get me kicked off the dance scene where people are a lot more judgmental and mainly focused on improving their dance.
                  yeah you have to be very careful as i told cosy more of a social circle type game, extremely low key... I would even advice against hooking up, i would use it as extended social circle..

Comment

Originally posted by Skills360 View Post

yeah you have to be very careful as i told cosy more of a social circle type game, extremely low key... I would even advice against hooking up, i would use it as extended social circle..
                    Awww but I wanna slither like a snake through the tall grass
                    :'(

Just messin
                    Nah I'd go for the dancing obviously
                    I just wanna get that basic form on lock so I'm not all street
                    It'd be nice

Comment

i would like to challenge this line of thinking a bit - skills i know you have a point but lets try to dissect it a little togehter.
                      im just trying to expand our understanding a bit here togehter by providing what im seeing these days.

To flip it a bit - the positive angle on it is that its not the same level of chaos as in eg. a club - there is more etiquette and social restraints to peoples behaviors. The meeting point is the dance wich unites all. social ties acroos more meets create more social ties and long term reputation becomes more important vs. "image of the night" this is GOOD for some reasons.

Mainly as i see it cause it provides a space with a stronger structure around, a sort of secure frame that holds the interactions within a better structure, and thus safety for a person to do this thing within and learn many elements like how ti engage with intimacy, tension engagement etc. The chaos is more organized in structure if you will and the wild cards a less volatile. less paranoia. a better learning ground for many myself included. A better meeting with the women where theyre less paranoid/overcompensating.

From my own exp. and from naturals i hang with - its misunderstood that one cannot do snls etc in sc game. make discretion your frined and just understand how to do your game in this context. Im quite sure youll experience to pull higher quality girls here if you get your things down within it (claim i know, but this is often said from SC games for good guys). And they can be learned, broadened and applied to more chaotic settings once you really own the "technique"/component you use. it can be adapted to other settings.

Just a few of the opportunities within this type of space - i know there are limitations too which youre referring broadly to.

also - some dance spaces are litterally fuck parties. festivals of lust. these past months ive seen Girls get into summerish states for festivals and are happy singy flirty all the time for a week - which makes them ready for seduction in ways that outrank any club setting. And in these settings opening is so easy due to the social meeting object being passion for dance. ofcourse there are hierchies and fear too i just find it much less than in many other states and a generalised positive almost flirty by default kinda state for many of the girls there - especially the summer festivals (away from home, lots of sensual dancing, seminakesnedss/pool parties body to body, alcohol, sun, summer, becah etc etc). And since its couples dancing the core is connection not individualised show my booty of lclub style. the whole core is one of sensual ised body connection. the rule is that the guys ask the girls and lead them. and the girls follow.

ofc. if you kno a bit more of social movement - im just providing contours/various influences and am looking into it more to see - cause within these contours/positive pressures theres a social stream here too to understand and manage. The stream of expectations and natural doings that forms automation of people. Ill try to capture it and see more.

Comment

interesting glow, i slept with a girl from capoeira and i did not like the stress and experience after (lay report somewhere in my archives)... The salsa new girl with the bad breath and i stop talking, and i have already anxiety on going to the salsa class that i wanted to keep going and enjoy to the point, were i do not want to go anymore...

At my work i do see people starting to hooking up (i mean just like night game i see changes in sc game too, so who knows). And there was an amazing main material girl, that i passed on, again cause we work together... Soon after my co-worker who i told him "she would be an awesome girl" is now we him (he resembles me a bit, but shorter).... And she still flirting with me, it is obvious he was her second option.

There are many changes in culture and dynamics that is sometimes hard to keep up... And i have to re-think were i stand in many things i am becoming more flexible and less defensive in my approach...But cool...

Comment

interesting glow, i slept with a girl from capoeira and i did not like the stress and experience after (lay report somewhere in my archives)... The salsa new girl with the bad breath and i stop talking, and i have already anxiety on going to the salsa class that i wanted to keep going and enjoy to the point, were i do not want to go anymore...

At my work i do see people starting to hooking up (i mean just like night game i see changes in sc game too, so who knows). And there was an amazing main material girl, that i passed on, again cause we work together... Soon after my co-worker who i told him "she would be an awesome girl" is now we him (he resembles me a bit, but shorter).... And she still flirting with me, it is obvious he was her second option.

There are many changes in culture and dynamics that is sometimes hard to keep up... And i have to re-think were i stand in many things i am becoming more flexible and less defensive in my approach...But cool...
                          yeah - the feelings is one key thing to manage. tough one since were stuck together with them more. good point.
                          Ive found my pre-framing skills have developed in sc settings

aka im very clear from the get go what i want w her:
                          1) not more than sex and good times
                          2) not sure - lets see
                          are the two i tend to use and set early on within these settings if needed.
                          some grils seems so natural with this - ofc. were just having fun - they frame shit themselves.
                          3) one is a long the road if it becomes more but the 2 above are my "talks" early on (after first sex type)

still finding myself within it and not sure its the optimal solution but it tends to help a lot. and afterwards - leading a good vibe to a certain extend to reestablish a friendly vibe. not possible with all but with many. Im still far from solid but i feel theres something to be developed here.

one girl - video model dancer we had a few sexual affairs and im now best friends with her training and traveling togehter etc
                          another dancer we speak but she is reserved withdrawn but pleasant when we speak.
                          two others were same same - these were the yeah were just having fun types - and today we have a fun good connection almost as if nothing happened.
                          all sc lays from dance circle

could be nicewith some more experienced SC games perspective? there must be some good ways about it.

Comment

anyways - The topic of different SC constallations is another thread which i would love to participate in - lets get this one back on Dancing as a hobby

Comment

Hate to brag, but secretly had sex inside circle of friends without causing awkwardness. I think its key to frame it as just some party fun. Ive also secretly long term fwb without later awkwardness. Requires more coordination/effort though.

Surely both can work in dance society, but you cant do it until after you have become a real friend with the person. You need that friendship to 'fall back on', to avoid the awkward 'failed romance' vibe poisoning the social environment down the road.. (like Skills describes)

Soo, Id stick with friends-only for quite a while, like skills suggests. Fwb can eventually a nice option, but doing it 'right' is a type of LONG game.

Comment

Glow, thanks for this thread. Just on time. I'll post a bunch of questions and comments as they come to mind.
                                What steps do you use with girls that don't know any formal dance? (salsa, swing, tango, blues, they all have a basic form)
                                What basic moves do you lead with the same?
                                How do you encourage her to follow? Most American girls are uncomfortable with the deep listening and abandon that these dances require. I'm struggling to develop my own listening to their levels of comfort, trust, relaxation...
                                sorry sase, missed you comment.

well sensing her comfort is an ability in itself beyond dancing - In dancing scenes theres typically a standard way of connecting in the basics.
                                But in the club its more of a reading her. I cant provide much more here.

on the practical side i dont really use steps here - i kinda body sverve eg putting my weight slowly aroudn while almost standing in the beginning. getting into the music while holding her hands locking her into my movement a bit. Then i slowly start moving her through my body movement - i tense her arms a little, just enough for her to tense up a little and mirror me a bit, and then respond with my movement to hers with what ive embodied. But i adapt it to the music in a contained fashion. I tend to dance more in the place while moving my energy and focus toward the ground in many of my movements as it creates a great rising energy inside.

what i do w girls like that is that i literally hold them in frame by locking in their movement through two points on her body eg shoulder and hand if im a bit closer, or two hands holding her in a frame. And then i move them in the music through these points. its more of providing tension to her mildly to get her to start feeling how it is to move within music than anything. i like to grab their wrists/hands softly and just gentrly positioning them kinda suggestively and soon as they see i lead them into the music they follow with wow kinda feels, playfuld smiles, sensual gazing or whatever - light pression in a direction. Stopping them on beats to feel how it is. placement of their weight. All in a seamless flow where i tend to slow them down and simplify it for them more than anything until they get the pace. Then i lead more. But I follow whatever the music tells. so i dont use "moves" at the core. i lead her in the music through a sort of holding of her with tension. If you grab you one hand with the other and just squeze it a lil its natural to tense it back. much like this guy is doing at 0.28 - 0.37 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXTuxixHKag
                                where he steps out then in again after which can be done dependent on her state and readynes. this is my core from where i can go many routes (closer, tension while moving in, away from her, place her hands on me and spin sligthly or more etc. etc.
                                Not sure if its applicable for others tbh. i am the music and moving is so embodied for me, moving her within the music. But you asked and thats what i do. I rarely do eg a salsa technique w a girl in a traditional salsa way. But i might spin her using the technique but adopting it to the movement type of the music there. slower is better initially.

you wanna make the girl "take frame" meaning she straightens her arms out partly and meet your tension so that you can move her whole body vs just arms. This you get through a slight squeeze, slight bent of her wrist etc. just a lil. This is for girls that are somewhat curious,considering you/yellowish at least. For greens i do more faster, wilder, more in outs etc. for paranoid girls i stay more away and just give her little leads to experience that harmonic state of being placed in the music while dancing more around her. aka mostly positionings of her, kinda placing her while i dance, very small actions

hope it makes sense. hard to explain :P.

Another thought: on dancing vs. walking.
                                In walking you move your feet first then bring your hips over the support that your legs provide. Dance is initiated and led from the core. It gives a very different feeling.
                                well different dances - different sources of leads which is key to the identity of the dance if you will.
                                in couples dancing the lead source can be many. but the bigger muscles and core elements like hip, psoas, bigger back muscles are the ones that provides the greatest lead. Breath and expresssion is a storng and essential lead source too - moving from breath. Some are lead more from the chest down (kizomba) while others eg bachata is hip lead at the base. this is what gives the dacne a big part of its character. Its also what gives it the feel youre discussing and just changing these a little can change the feel immensely. hat tip - Smaller movements tends to give more quality of the feel and inner energy creation.

And another question: On mixing dance and PU.
                                Some girls turn me on while dancing, others just turn me on to dance. There seems to be no correlation between their skill as dancer and my hornieness. Anyone else noticed this? It's like some scents or timber of voice turn me on for deep, unconscious, personal reasons. I'm curious if others have experienced this, if it's the same for women, if it's reciprocal???? I don't have enough experience/data on this.
                                I would say their skills as a dancer can lift what theyre otherwise doing for me. Or the opposite.
                                Not sure w girls perspective on this specific dynamic. But i can tell you that a god lead in the latin dances can make girls orgasm. so skills = pleasureable fysical emotions for her if were talking leading. Just moving in front of each other i think is just one part of many qualities.

P.S. Love tango music, but not the dance. Love salsa dance, but not the music. Swing it's my newest obsession. Danced to a wide variety of music, playful distance, push-pull (literally!), flexible, creative, etc.
                                Can't get enough of it:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKUDpiKFV1U
                                haha nice. A sweet addiction you have here. Looks great from what ive seen of it - hard not to smile

Comment

• Sase

Sase

commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Thanks! It makes a lot of sense (more so now than when I first asked the questions.)
                              Working...
                              X