Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Germany + France --- what shoes to wear in winter? (aka snow + clubbing)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany + France --- what shoes to wear in winter? (aka snow + clubbing)

Hello there ...

I usually travel to Europe in spring or summer for work.

Now I'm going in December.

I'm from Chicago so I'm used to ungodly snow and weather that is far worse than what most of Europe sees. Even in Chicago though, I do feel awkward wearing weatherproof boots to clubs + bars. I'm not talking snow boots, but there is a spectrum from fashion boot >>> rugged elements boot, and you have to pick closer to one side of the coin.

Anyway I'm going to Paris for the first time in a few weeks. What's the ideal footwear to be walking around there in December. I mean, I'm going to be seeing the sites, walking around a lot, not sure if they usually get a ton of snow but it's possible. And then obviously hitting the bars + clubs like a wild man every night.

Do I just bring a walking boot and a nightwear boot?

What do you European posters usually do? Leather chelsea boots, something like that? Something vaguely weatherproof?

http://www.holiday-weather.com/paris/averages/december/

would be more concerned about rain than snow in paris. Leather boots/shoes should be fine.

germany can have much more snow though, IME

Will you travel hand luggage only?

Otherwise just get a 'day' pair of shoes and one for going out. The dayshoes can dry over night if youre lucky its fast enough (thats only in reallllyyyy rainy situations _ which are easy to avoid w common sense )

Comment

this is one of my favorite models (i copy a lot of his dress styles, he also has the poverty beard i advice):

Sexting, my unique natural game, aggressive dance floor seductions, 15-20 minutes hook ups in clubs. Learn the proper way to maximize your results in a club type environment, check out my blog and youtube clubbing channel:

www.dancefloorseduction.com

Comment

Chelsea boots are for girls and kids IMO.

I have a pair of really versatile leather boots with laces that seems almost 100% waterproof. Sturdy, slim and fashionable.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargazer View Post
          Chelsea boots are for girls and kids IMO.

I have a pair of really versatile leather boots with laces that seems almost 100% waterproof. Sturdy, slim and fashionable.
          come on bro, lol!

Sexting, my unique natural game, aggressive dance floor seductions, 15-20 minutes hook ups in clubs. Learn the proper way to maximize your results in a club type environment, check out my blog and youtube clubbing channel:

Comment

Thanks for the vid, Skills --- lots of good ideas there. I'll probably go for something <$200 which is still a good chunk of change to me for shoes. More $$ for entertainment and I don't have to worry about spilling booze on them.

It was surprising that he mentioned some styles being cheaper in Germany than the US --- I always assumed most shoes were more expensive in Germany/ Europe than the US (Nikes for sure) despite being made in the same Chinese factory. He must be talking about European-made shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigslick2 View Post
              Thanks for the vid, Skills --- lots of good ideas there. I'll probably go for something <$200 which is still a good chunk of change to me for shoes. More $$ for entertainment and I don't have to worry about spilling booze on them.

It was surprising that he mentioned some styles being cheaper in Germany than the US --- I always assumed most shoes were more expensive in Germany/ Europe than the US (Nikes for sure) despite being made in the same Chinese factory. He must be talking about European-made shoes.
              h and m and asos got some nice ones....

I personally would not go over $50...

again check asos and h and m

Comment

Any regular upscale boot will be fine in clubs.

Itís not crazy snow in France unless you go Alps and then you can wear a snow boot.

Take your regular ones and hit up any store once you get there to grab the latest fashion if you want to fit in.

Comment

big look http://www.hm.com/us/product/35453?a...rticle=35453-A

Comment

Thanks Skills --- yeah I was thinking in the $50-$60 range now. Was definitely going to hit up those stores, possible Aldo and Topman/ Topshop as well. Stuff won't last forever, but looks pretty cool. Maybe I'll get something in Paris too, but probably will be expensive as hell.

Comment

Working...
                    X