Posture Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posture Brace

Have you ever tried any posture braces? Im testing out a cheap o one from Amazon (looks basically like backpack / shoulder straps that you tighten) and it's working great for keeping my shoulders back. Supposed to help shoulders naturally too, after a week of 1hr/day.
    ​​​​​​
    Doesn't seem to do much for my forward head slump tho.

Been watching those Esther Gokhale vids mentioned, too..really good stuff. J/w if anyone's ever gone the brace route.
    ​​​​​​
    Saw chick the other day with a 10/10 face, but immediately turned off by her terrible posture. Like it was a crime to have such a pretty face on bad posture. even tho she was in shape and tan, the slumped head just put any and all sexy thoughts out of my mind. Then looked at recent pics of myself and shuddered to think how much my lax posture must be hindering me.

​​​​​​​Also trying to train myself to where whenever I'm by a wall, I put my heels, shoulders and head straight up against it for a mini-correction.

'Hip hinge' is the key. When seated too. No back rests.

Second is abdominal pressure. You can google 'Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization' for some figures. Eg.: https://capitalchirodsm.com/wp-conte...tic-motion.png

With those two, upper parts will self correct unless severe muscle imbalance.
    Trying to fix upper parts will not help without hip and belly fix.

But test the brace and see. Maybe it reminds you to hinge at the hip. If so, it will work.

Comment

Excellent pic! You just visualize using those muscles?

Not exactly sure what hip hinge means.

But after one day of wearing the brace I feel great, I love it!

My stride is a lot more pronounced. Maybe a bit exaggerated. Feels great. Flexing my ass a lot more when I walk, and lower pelvic muscles. And leg muscles. Lol basically the back of my body feels like it's been awakened, if that makes sense.

​​​​​​​Edit: just Googled hip hinge, I see what you're saying. Visualizing / feeling that makes my new posture feel much more natural
      Last edited by youngjd; 09-21-2018, 02:13 AM. Reason: Hip hinge

Comment

Woke up feeling TALL! Haha. Wore it half the day yesterday and despite not getting much sleep (which usually kills my posture) my back feels nice and strong. A little sore even, like after a really light workout
        ​​​​​​
        The hip hinge isn't fully automatic yet, have to think about it.

Regardless, the brace must be helping w the stabilizing muscles I rarely use. Can't wait to see how I'll be walking around / feeling in a week!

Comment

Originally posted by ijjjji View Post
          'Hip hinge' is the key. When seated too. No back rests.

Second is abdominal pressure. You can google 'Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization' for some figures. Eg.: https://capitalchirodsm.com/wp-conte...tic-motion.png

With those two, upper parts will self correct unless severe muscle imbalance.
          Trying to fix upper parts will not help without hip and belly fix.

But test the brace and see. Maybe it reminds you to hinge at the hip. If so, it will work.
          Ijjjji do you have a way of sleeping or certain mattress/pillow that is posture-friendly?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            My testing indicated that it had no direct impact.
            (PS - NEVER sleep on stomach.)
            Elimination of back rests seems way more important. Also, the height of screens. (laptops can be particularly bad)
            These guys often have some good tips imo: https://www.youtube.com/user/physica...?query=posture

• youngjd

youngjd

commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a chair that looks just like a saddle with no backrest. It's in storage because I could never get used to it, but is that what you are talking about?

I've been wearing the brace for the last couple weeks and it's helped tremendously! Lower back pain : I didn't have much to start with except when sitting for long time, but what little I had is gone. A few people have commented on something different about me.

Also the link between mental fitness and posture is huge. Feel more confident in general.

Has even improved my vocal tonality. Kinda crazy.

I'm sure some of this is a bit placebo, but hey whatever works! If your posture was OK to begin with it may not do much, but my posture must've been pretty bad.

Would recommend to anybody working on their posture. For 20 bucks it's a great value.

And yes it seems to work the way ijjjji described. It's not exactly supporting my lower back, but it reminds me to use it properly thus working the muscles more.

Comment

Nice keep it up! And please share which brand!
            Yea tonality works improves posture and vise versa ime.

Comment

Here's a link to the one I got
              https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5R25YY..._AFaXBb481TCFF

Comment

Originally posted by youngjd View Post
                going to order, so what happens if i wear it all day and all night...

I have horrible posture, i try chiropractors but meh....

So this is a great idea... at work i also use a back straightener for the chair...(since i work long ours in front of a computer)

Comment

Just be carefull guys

i would be concerned w. it replacing muscles and actual posture alignment in your bodies.

i would at any given time work on my back or whatever is the source instead

And if using it ONLY if id run it by a certified pro alongside an actual corrective program involving mechanicality, mobility and strength

It may enforce more shit - the cheap models might cause shitty alignment, expensive ones too

Comment

Originally posted by glow View Post
                    Just be carefull guys

i would be concerned w. it replacing muscles and actual posture alignment in your bodies.

i would at any given time work on my back or whatever is the source instead

And if using it ONLY if id run it by a certified pro alongside an actual corrective program involving mechanicality, mobility and strength

It may enforce more shit - the cheap models might cause shitty alignment, expensive ones too
                    I would say it reinforces your use of certain muscles rather than replaces the use of them.. I'm jus going by feel tho I didn't research the thing much

Comment

In this case you should have a medical check my friend. If it is a consistent headache, try to use a hemp oil https://www.payspi.org/cbd-hemp-oil-for-pain-relief to reduce pain though.
                      Last edited by soap94; 03-21-2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X