Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best 10 tips to enjoy your life more?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best 10 tips to enjoy your life more?

You are ready to start enjoying your life? Do you feel like you constantly stressed about things and want something different you can do yourself?
    Beauty Products Online India

"1. Start from where you are.
    2. Something is better than nothing.
    3. A little bit goes a long way." - Yogi Bhajan

Comment

Make sure you're not in any relationship or job you dread. Also, meditate

Where Virgins Learn To Get Laid - RoosterDating.com

Comment

Hi guy!!!! thanks to all for supporting answers.... thanks a lots
        Beauty Products Online India

Comment

I consider myself to be a very happy person, here's something that worked for me:
          1. Appreciation routine. Each day (preferably just after waking up/before going to sleep) spend 5 minutes thanking (out loud) for everything you enjoy in your life: family, friends, work, health.. w/e, might be slightly hard at first, after couple of weeks it's easy to go endlessly with this. Also greatly helps when feeling down.

2. "Rich moments". This one is from Paul McKenna, in short, throughout your day notice whenever you'r feeling really good (aka "rich") - going for a walk with your favorite song playing in the background, chilling with close friends over beers, finishing a great workout. Works wonders

3. Realize that sometimes you'll feel like shit, and that's okey, take an afternoon off and let yourself feel like shit for a moment - there's nothing wrong with that. Take some pressure off, so that the next day you'r back even more motivated.

4. Have something to look forward to. Goals, visions, dreams that you can work on, just make sure they are relevant on personal level. All this makes you more energetic and happy on day to day basis

5. Learn to enjoy what you'r doing. There's just some tasks that have to be done daily - cleaning the house, job, w/e. Yes, you should work on eliminating these tasks or minimizing them to absolute minimum, but the process might take a while, so how about learn to enjoy them in the mean time. Listen to audio books when cleaning up, automate or dedicate processes that you have at work and so on..

6. Chose your friends carefully. Limit the time spent with people who are obnoxious or just unpleasant to be around. If possible - remove them from your life completely.

7. Learn to love yourself. This is a big one and is worth a book on itself, so just the basics - stay in shape (if it matters to you), learn how to dress well, cool trick is be naked when alone (no idea, but this really helps to learn to love your body); from a more mental side - practice to notice whenever you have negative thoughts about yourself.

8. Compliment people. Whenever possible try to notice good things, qualities about other people. From my experience this is the easiest and freakin' effective way to increase your own self esteem.

9. Get a hobby or two. Have something in your life you do just purely for pleasure, something that you feel passionate about. Good way to check if you chose a right hobby - your eyes will light up whenever you'r taking about it

10. Grow grow grow. Read books, learn skills or languages, work on your body, anything that is important to you. You don't have to do this to "fix" anything, because there's nothing wrong to "fix". Do this because growth feels exciting.

11. (BONUS). Stay healthy - watch what you eat, limit alcohol. Do daily fasting from time to time. Drink lot's of water. Feeling good physicality is one of the easiest ways to start feeling good mentally too.

At one point or another I did (and do) all of the items in this list. Result? Well, I can honestly say that I'm a happy person. Tbh, most of the time nearly ecstatic So yeah, it's worth to look into this. Good thread btw
          Get the FREE ebook "What Killed Your Sex Appeal? 5 Awful Mistakes That Men Make With Their Image" and remove cockblocks from your wardrobe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie M Sims View Post
            You are ready to start enjoying your life? Do you feel like you constantly stressed about things and want something different you can do yourself?
            I'm totally revamping my lifestyle. I just turned 30, two months ago, and I decided that I wanted to become self-employed and focus my life around playing music. Three weeks ago, I quit my very well-paying Engineering job (I still have 1.5 weeks left), and not many people truly understand exactly why I'm doing this.

Most people can't seem to grasp the concept that what I'm doing has nothing to do with money. Yes, money is essential for living, but the basis of my entire life does not need to be revolved around "how much money" I make. The full story about it is in my blog in my sig

So that, meeting some cool chicks here, some cool hobbies (Jiu-jitsu, playing guitar, singing, writing music), going to music festivals often, and chilling with friends does the trick.
            www.musicianlifestyle.com - Quit your job. Do cool shit instead!

Comment

Love all of the above respones. One more jumps to mind immediately;

-Accept the things you cannot change.
              "I eat her ice cream, she eat my ice cream cone." - Lil' Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie M Sims View Post
                1) Fix posture (tuck chin).

2) Fix diet to remove allergens you may personally suffer from (trial and error, but dairy is a good place to start), and take measures to deal with any ill health as best you can.

Physical health is the bedrock of happiness. Without it, all the psychological tricks and methods in the world won't shift your baseline happiness in a positive direction. Yes, tucking your chin (if you use computers all day) can fix what dozens of self-help books won't even get near!

3) Cut ties with unsupportive people. Particularly for many younger guys, move out of parents' house if the situation is anything less than great.

4) Cultivate relationships with supportive people and mentors. Girlfriend(s) can be a powerful part of this, despite the various decrying of this as "neediness" you may experience 'round these parts.

Emotional health is the second most important part of happiness. Without this, your higher-level endeavours are pretty much doomed to failure. Emotional health comes from your social network. Sorry, you really can't go it alone in life, despite our current culture of individualism and (faux) personal empowerment! This is encapsulated well in the phrase "no man is an island."

5) Focus the mind on things which bring you personal fulfilment (you will figure these out as you go along). Simultaneously move attention away from things which do not bring fulfilment or which bring harm. The message here is move attention from bad to good, rather than fighting bad things (which just feeds them even more).

When you place your attention on something, you get more of it. Fed up with your job? That attention of "being fed up" will actually bring you more of "being fed up". Instead, just leave things behind.

6) Balance idealism with acceptance of your current reality. This leads to the emergence of pragmatism (pursuing your dreams whilst still having grounding in the knowledge of what can/cannot be done) -- this is perhaps your most vital skill. This point is where many guys in the community fail. They dream big (because they've been told "anything is possible" by the personal development industry; and because they spend too much time in their own imagination) then get upset at anything which indicates the dream might not be attainable. They are not grounded in reality. Changing reality is a slow process. This leads to my final point...

7) Take your time! Chew your food more slowly. Wake up earlier. Enjoy your walk to work. Assign time (and lots of it) to each thing you do. Most endeavours take time to bear fruit. Yes, life is short, but by following this simple advice, you can create time (or at least the illusion of more time). Since learning to take my time over everything, via becoming mindful of myself, a year for me now seems to last ten years.

The studious among you may notice a similar structure to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (or even the Eight-Circuit Model of Consciousness for the really avant-garde ) emerging. What I have written was not "designed" to follow either of these models, and is drawn entirely from my personal experience, but the fact it has ended up reflecting these structures does highlight the ubiquity of the human experience, in my eyes.
                Visit my own forum, Personal Power Meditation, at www.personalpowermeditation.com/forum
                I am now providing personal Skype coaching for meditation, emotional management, mental techniques and spirituality/worldview. PM me for details!

Comment

1 Become irresistible and powerful (2 sides to same coin).
                  2 Build a strong income (educate smart), and get a home near the night life.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus View Post
                    1) Fix posture (tuck chin).
                    2) Fix diet to remove allergens you may personally suffer from (trial and error, but dairy is a good place to start), and take measures to deal with any ill health as best you can.

Physical health is the bedrock of happiness. Without it, all the psychological tricks and methods in the world won't shift your baseline happiness in a positive direction. Yes, tucking your chin (if you use computers all day) can fix what dozens of self-help books won't even get near!

3) Cut ties with unsupportive people. Particularly for many younger guys, move out of parents' house if the situation is anything less than great.
                    4) Cultivate relationships with supportive people and mentors. Girlfriend(s) can be a powerful part of this, despite the various decrying of this as "neediness" you may experience 'round these parts.

Emotional health is the second most important part of happiness. Without this, your higher-level endeavours are pretty much doomed to failure. Emotional health comes from your social network. Sorry, you really can't go it alone in life, despite our current culture of individualism and (faux) personal empowerment! This is encapsulated well in the phrase "no man is an island."

5) Focus the mind on things which bring you personal fulfilment (you will figure these out as you go along). Simultaneously move attention away from things which do not bring fulfilment or which bring harm. The message here is move attention from bad to good, rather than fighting bad things (which just feeds them even more).

When you place your attention on something, you get more of it. Fed up with your job? That attention of "being fed up" will actually bring you more of "being fed up". Instead, just leave things behind.

6) Balance idealism with acceptance of your current reality. This leads to the emergence of pragmatism (pursuing your dreams whilst still having grounding in the knowledge of what can/cannot be done) -- this is perhaps your most vital skill. This point is where many guys in the community fail. They dream big (because they've been told "anything is possible") then get upset at anything which threatens this dream. They are not grounded in reality. Changing reality is a slow process. This leads to my final point...
                    7) Take your time! Chew your food more slowly. Wake up earlier. Enjoy your walk to work. Assign time (and lots of it) to each thing you do. Most endeavours take time to bear fruit. Yes, life is short, but by following this simple advice, you can create time. Since learning to take my time over everything, via becoming mindful of myself, a year for me now seems to last ten years.

The studious among you may notice a similar structure to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (or even the Eight-Circuit Model of Consciousness for the really avant-garde ). What I have written was not "designed" to match either of these models, and is drawn entirely from my personal experience, but the fact it has ended up reflecting these structures does highlight the ubiquity of the human experience in my eyes.

love this post buddy... can I copy and credit this one too???
                    New YouTube Channel (Pickup Videos, etc.)
                    ~screen that pu$$y

Comment

Originally posted by Good Looking Loser View Post
                      love this post buddy... can I copy and credit this one too???
                      I liked it too, so I'm going to turn it into a blog post
                      Let me tidy it then I'll send you the link.

Sorry for threadjack, *resume conversation*
                      Visit my own forum, Personal Power Meditation, at www.personalpowermeditation.com/forum
                      I am now providing personal Skype coaching for meditation, emotional management, mental techniques and spirituality/worldview. PM me for details!

Comment

Originally posted by SgtGrumbles View Post
                        "1. Start from where you are.
                        2. Something is better than nothing.
                        3. A little bit goes a long way." - Yogi Bhajan
                        I like it. Props Grumbles.

Nick
                        Don't be upset by the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility lies in being superior to your former self. -Hemingway

Comment

I like to think of my life as having a few different areas of focus. Health, social, financial, work, my girlfriend, personal development, and writing are my basic ones. Then I work on each one a bit each week, making some time for every one. Also, what Illuminatus said. If you have good health, good posture, fun hobbies and supportive friends, your baseline for happiness is going to be much higher.

Comment

+1 to this thread.

Comment

I find that happiness loves BALANCE of energies in every time frame from the micro to the macro.
                              I wanna get every SHB on the globe
                              We kiss and hug and then we disrobe
                              It's a short circuit in the frontal lobe
                              'Cause I'm a heterosexual man.

Odds "Heterosexual Man"

Fun, Freedom, fucking and fitness since 1976

Comment

Working...
                              X