Mini-review of methods by others

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini-review of methods by others

While I rarely agree with everything in a 'method', these contain a high % of advice I like. Have a quick read through these if you are interested in 'night game':
    1. Warped Mindless: Warped's Guide to Club Game and Fast Pulls
    2. exorio: QT : Dancefloor Game
    3. Daigoro: Juggling Multiple Women in a Venue (for Sgt. Grumbles)
    4. Skills360: Club Game Fundamentals
    5. phangan: The dance floor game misunderstandings and myths

Here are some guides based more on observation and decision-making in field (which I personally hate, maybe useful for others):
    1. Z's All-Encompasing Guide To Bar Game
    2. Guide to Club Game (Julien Manifesto)

If you know of more methods, it would be nice if you add link in a reply to this thread! Feel free to add your thoughts on above guides. Is there something in particular missing from guides so far?
    My method: Say "Hello" or "Wow" > shy look > starry-eyed look > spamming cold-read-compliments + feather light touches

Thanks for this, this is exactly what I needing to find around now.

I came across this (Isidia originally linked it in a reply to one of the above threads):

http://www.aaronsleazy.com/forum/vie...php?f=19&t=694

It's Sleazie's stuff on escalation.

Comment

My personal take: a lot of this is all quite advanced. The dance floor stuff is all "see if she's interested, then go in and this is how to escalate, and this is how to pull". The talking stuff is "just say something situational, talk to her, and then this is how you escalate and pull".
      Only when I saw Skills did I get "oohhhh, so this is what you're supposed to actually do on the dance floor to get girls interested", for example. The mingling stuff is also a good overall method for gaining interest. But overall there's a big gap of posts here for guys who generally do not get girls interested, either because they can't hold a conversation, or their conversation is boring (and I'm including energy and vibe along with verbals for conversation, basically anything you do between first saying something to a girl and beginning to intimately touch her). Guides and tips for learning how to be a good conversationalist, to be funnier, to tease girls, to flirt, to generate high energy within yourself, to self-amuse etc. would be most helpful here.

On a related matter, in terms of external products on that stuff, I've gone through, and gridlock I've seen also highly recommends, Charismatic Conversations from PU101. I've gone through it before and it has helped me a bit the last time I was doing lots of night game several years ago, and I need to find some time to go through it and work through it again.

Comment

I think this one is key

http://www.pua-zone.com/showthread.p...s-Emancipation

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
          I think this one is key
          Interesting.. that was way too analytical for my personal taste.. thanks for sharing though!

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Yea the part of giving less escalation is good. (Vacuum)
          (The part about escalating hard afterwards is not, unless club makeouts that flake in the night is your goal. As a bootcamp instructor, I guess club makeouts matter more than actual lays..)

Originally posted by Tank_ View Post
          But overall there's a big gap of posts here for guys who generally do not get girls interested, either because they can't hold a conversation, or their conversation is boring
          Tank_ you remain a conundrum to me. I suspect you have a 'stone face' that you cant (unable or unwilling) let go of. Even your sense of style could be part of it. You dont dress playfully at all, right? Vibes are what girls love (NOT words), so kinda no-brainer that you struggle if you are a stone face while talking to them. But you figured that already right? My best effort to explain vibes are always with pictures. Vibes are contagious, so you should supposedly be able to connect with a vibe by looking at a picture (mirroring). Each vibe has also an accompanying feeling, so you can go to that vibe by bringing that feeling down on yourself, after you identified that vibe:
          My method: Say "Hello" or "Wow" > shy look > starry-eyed look > spamming cold-read-compliments + feather light touches

Comment

Stone face is definitely right. I'm definitely trying hard to be amused and playful. It is quite difficult for me. Even if I say playful things they may come out dry. Maybe it's anxiety and hopefully going out solo as much as I have been lately will help. But most certainly I am trying hard to be playful and amused as much as possible. Both in field and also I listen to comedy and even try to do exercises talking to myself in a playful way before I go out.

Comment

Stone face is definitely right. I'm definitely trying hard to be amused and playful. It is quite difficult for me. Even if I say playful things they may come out dry. Maybe it's anxiety and hopefully going out solo as much as I have been lately will help. But most certainly I am trying hard to be playful and amused as much as possible. Both in field and also I listen to comedy and even try to do exercises talking to myself in a playful way before I go out.
              Just say whatever situational-comedy nonsense is on your mind. Works for some of us...just look around the room and comment on shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ChitownMaverick View Post
                Just say whatever situational-comedy nonsense is on your mind. Works for some of us...just look around the room and comment on shit.
                That's exactly what I try to do. I can see how it can work, I'm just really bad at it and don't seem to be getting any better.

Comment

Yea finding things to say is not the problem. I suspect a good training for you would be to just make faces at girls (no talk) and figure out how to make them smile like that. Also, try puppydogging. (Shakira did a nice example in S6E1 or 2 of the voice - the part where she says she is a good coach with baby voice. Go watch that online.) Maybe useful to read my very first post about it: http://www.pheromonetalk.com/pheromo...045-post1.html Also, try wearing ONE playful item when you go out! (Funny shades, studded pink bracelet, Pikachu T-shirt etc etc) This can lead girls to think you are playful EVEN with stone face. Test that.

Comment

Thanks. I think CGM is too complicated for me, I'll probably just look sad and bored. Making faces seems like a neat idea, though. I can see that working better on the dance floor then trying to say stuff to them, and it's just a bit uncomfortable for me without being impossible, I think. Maybe I should start with something simple, like just sticking my tongue out?
                    I can make a good puppydog face, I had a gf a while ago that liked it, I'll try that after I get comfortable with the tongue out.
                    I used to have some silly stuff I took/wore to house parties, never thought to bring my fun accessories to bars. I'll have to find / get new ones.

Comment

Tank, I'm dealing with that exact stone face problem myself.

Recently a friend and I done a project for a video blog. One thing I noticed is complete lack of facial expression when I talk. Now and then people mistake me for being angry when I'm not.

This is totally KJ but try video recording yourself talking or reading something out loud and then watch back and critique. You may find out that you come across entirely different from what you perceive.

Thanks. I think CGM is too complicated for me, I'll probably just look sad and bored. Making faces seems like a neat idea, though. I can see that working better on the dance floor then trying to say stuff to them, and it's just a bit uncomfortable for me without being impossible, I think. Maybe I should start with something simple, like just sticking my tongue out?
                      I can make a good puppydog face, I had a gf a while ago that liked it, I'll try that after I get comfortable with the tongue out.
                      I used to have some silly stuff I took/wore to house parties, never thought to bring my fun accessories to bars. I'll have to find / get new ones.

Comment

Wow we de-railed from OP, but at least we are making some progress here.

Id skip tongue and try puppydog. Start in dance floor where noone pay much attention anyways. Also, you do not have to look at people while you do it. If looking at a wall makes it easier, try that in beginning.

From experience; puppydogging is good place to start. It will teach you all sorts of playful vibes down the line.

Comment

Great off-topic discussion here =)

I think the stone face is often a consequence of pushing yourself to talk and be social when you really don't want to. Pressure to perform well and and considering how others perceive you (aka think too much/far) often results in anxiety and introversion which leads to the stone face, or looking like something inside you just died.

The trick is to find a desire to express yourself and be social. Now what triggers that desire and enthusiasm can probably be very different from man to man. An idea is to remember and recreate an old feeling of extroversion that you had yourself, to visualize and feel that itch to talk to someone and express yourself, and the satisfaction you get from removing that itch. Then visualise going into that misty cloud where you can't nor desire to think further than expressing yourself (similar feeling to being drunk).

Comment

Oops, sorry for the derailment.

seduski,
                            I've done exercises of this nature. You're right that I appear and sound more boring/bored than I think I do, but with exercises and repetition I've largely fixed that...at home. I think there's some level of anxiety in the field that's preventing me from being aware of it in the presence of others (that aren't doing the exercises with me).

ijjjji,
                            Actually for some reason visualizing doing puppydog brings more anxiety than sticking my tongue out. I'm not sure why..it's more vulnerable maybe? I'll make it a mission to try each three times tonight on some dance floor, without worrying if anyone sees it, and next week direct it at girls.

EDIT: Ugh, last night just had a terrible night where I froze up completely and couldn't do much of anything, could barely talk, let alone dance and make faces. Feel ashamed of myself I'll try again soon..

Stargazer,
                            I personally have not had much success visualizing things at home resulting in changes in infield behavior. This is probably related to latent anxiety problems, I'd imagine, but that has been my experience. I've found that exercises at home (such as, say, humor exercises) can really only help with tactical proficiency in situations where anxiety is limited (like I am already in a 1on1 conversation with a girl who is paying attention to me with relative eagerness).
                            Last edited by Tank_; 03-21-2014, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X