No announcement yet.

Newer to direct, critique of situation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skills, checked out your blog... I get the hoops thing, and I also get the examples you wrote out.. With the 2 vids though I thought it was more of the dudes being clueless. Anyway back to overreaching, I never really had much of an issue with giving out my number and having them send me a text. With all the various women I've met through OLD I've tested both, and seem to have more success with giving them my number. So in that regard didn't think it was that big of a deal.

I'd also tried adding her on social media like a day or 2 after I got those big IOIs and nothing (wasn't accepted or declined). If I had that route open I would have went with it for sure. Those other nurses had added me, and that's how I hooked up with them.
    Going forward I'm definitely going to end up seeing her again, but I plan on just acting how I normally do with everyone.

Sase, that seems kind of contrived to me. With regards to the patients we had, there's not much needed in the way of followup (most of the time). I understand plausible deniability, but if I gauged her interest right (seemed high to me) do I still need to be closer to neutral?

Comment

Originally posted by Aloofus View Post
      Skills, checked out your blog... I get the hoops thing, and I also get the examples you wrote out.. With the 2 vids though I thought it was more of the dudes being clueless. Anyway back to overreaching, I never really had much of an issue with giving out my number and having them send me a text. With all the various women I've met through OLD I've tested both, and seem to have more success with giving them my number. So in that regard didn't think it was that big of a deal.
      .?
      Brent smith in his method is giving them the number and having them reach out(it was a big system back in the days in the forum, jws use to advocate this as well)... (i do this a lot too) and i know it works, but is hit or miss....

Comment

If I need to be discrete, I'll ask for FB, instagram, or whatever she has and get in touch that way. If I'm in a time crunch then I hand her my card. This is pretty rare.

The line you added on the note was a little goofy, but who knows if that actually was the deal breaker (or if she has a boyfriend or period or whatever). Move on and do stuff with other girls, and if she gets back to you in month, pitch the date.

Comment

Sase, that seems kind of contrived to me. With regards to the patients we had, there's not much needed in the way of followup (most of the time). I understand plausible deniability, but if I gauged her interest right (seemed high to me) do I still need to be closer to neutral?
          Yes, of course it's contrived. The more ridiculous the better. That's the point. I dunno, somehow it works for me. But if you don't have the right smirk, or playful b.s. light in your eyes, or tongue firmly in cheek., if you're uncomfortable with it at all, it won't work for you. Btw, I wouldn't have used the line I wrote either, because it probably skirts patient confidentiality laws. But I would provide a b.s. reason for her to call me. Plausible denial leaves room for magic to "just happen". And it works with my style. YMMV.
          Your plan sounds good: continue as if nothing happened. Friendly, flirty, high-energy, high-value. I don't ever offer twice but I notice (non-)buyers remorse when women don't take me up on the offer. Often they find a way to isolate me. Beware that it might happen. Then make her earn it.
          (Also, it needn't be told but just in case: you're not entitled to a call from her just cause you gave her your number. Or, worse, butt-hurt.)

Comment

Well thank god I'm used to being cool under pressure...

So I'd done that on weds, apparently Friday night she emailed their HR, who emailed their CEO, who emailed my boss
            When I came in this morning they were waiting for me to have a meeting.They read me the email that she sent, and asked for my side of things. She specifically asked that I don't lose my job over it, but that she felt harassed and uncomfortable. She's also mentioned that I "repeatedly hit on her" and "have done that to other women there" which I absolutely haven't.

Seriously WTF. I was able to smooth things over. I spoke to their CEO, and assured her that I never speak in a way that could be considered inappropriate/unprofessional (I don't ask intrusive questions, or even go near anything sexual). I asked her to forward an apology to the nurse for making her feel uncomfortable.

So how'd this go so wrong? I mean I feel like my inner game is at the point where I was able to make a bold move, and then this shit happens like the first time trying it out. I'm no stranger to women, so I'm not one of those dudes that thanks a girl likes him just cause she's nice.

If it was just a simple rejection ok that's fine I can deal with that, but why cause a shitstorm, and lie about it too?
            Apparently I had some of the nurses on my side about it too (they it was way too overblown, and that she should have taken it as a compliment)
            I talked to 2 women friends about it and they both agreed it was blow way the hell out of proportion (and I got theories that her boyfriend found out about it and made a stink, and that she was embarrassed that she was attracted and I picked up on it).

Lesson learned, back to the old mode at work (I'll be making exactly zero moves).

Comment

Awwww, shit! Thank god you're ok. There's a witch-hunt out there. Taking the high-road and apologizing was the right thing.Stay cool.

Comment

This is why in every post like this i say, don't shit were you eat.... But i did not want to be a contrarian in this one.... But anyways man here

Comment

Skills360 ,
                  You were right about Glow in another thread that He is a Cool guy, he took the point and appreciated it and You were also right about yourself that you loose your temper and took the point wrong .

​​​​​
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Hdr View Post
                    Skills360 ,
                    You were right about Glow in another thread that He is a Cool guy, he took the point and appreciated it and You were also right about yourself that you loose your temper and took the point wrong .

​​​​​
                    ​​​​​​
                    i did not lose my temper, i told you that your comment was off and unnecessary, what you are doing is deflecting your bad behavior to blame it on my temper, weak...

Comment

Wait so she emailed HR just because you gave her a note saying she can buy you a drink ? Or did you do something else ? Talk about overreacting...
                      Anyways it was a bad move. First by giving her a note instead of just asking face to face you show lack of confidence. Second you put her under a lot of pressure since she is now supposed to ask you out ? Also "buying you a drink" is bad wording. You should have just asked her out for a cofee or drink after work. Just innocent get together, that way she wouldn't feel under pressure

Comment

I wrote a note that said "Yes, You can buy me a drink", and put my phone number on it.
                        Cool! That's a nice piece of "taking action" man! Always take action! Always invite!

I haven't heard anything yet. I legitimately have no idea if she's attached (doesn't wear a ring at least). Any feedback/opinions?
                        Attachment matters not. (Ahem, well, it does in the sense that it can hurt people's feelings - also yours. Few others will point that out in here, since most PUA's are raging egoists that'll rationalise anything to get laid because they are desperate. And talking about desperate...)

The most important thing is that you took action. Once the ball leaves your hand, so to speak, you've done your part. Fretting about where the ball might go next doesn't help you. You cannot influence it anymore, so just leave it. Now I happen to know by personal experience that leaving it alone can be quite hard, so the best thing to do is to literally move on. Keep yourself busy. Meet new people. Meet new women. Try to hook up with them by giving them hidden messages that they gobble up like pebble-grabbing monks. The idea of going out and doing day game is brilliant. Do that!

So why should you leave it alone? Well, because by doing anything further, the chance of you shooting yourself in the foot increases ten-fold, especially considering that this is your workplace, and that the girls there already know that you know your way around women (have fucked a few of them already). You're simply better off moving on. For one, it won't make you seem desperate. Women respect that, for some reason. Also they hate desperate men. So simply not being desperate increases the chance of her going after you. And if she does, you won't have to do anything to get laid bessides not fucking up. So in that sense, my advice is not about "fast pickup". Instead my advice is about effortless pickup.

Also it gives you an aura of mystique. Next time you meet her, if you simply don't do anything more about it, but just banter and flirt as usual, she will at some point get curious. Also it creates just about a TON of great sexual tension between the two of you, if you can stand it. So just wait. Let her come to you. She might not, of course, but then what does it matter to you? You've already moved on (I hope). Given your situation I wouldn't shit where I eat, or work. But nobody said anything about flirting. Also women talk, and they'll agree that what you did there was both tough and cool. So if you don't get that particular girl, you might make another one interested simply by word of mouth. All that changes the moment you become a try-hard, however. So just bear in mind that you did a good job, and now it's time to move on.
                        I know HTML (How To Meet Ladies)

Comment

Working...
                        X