pick up at a rave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pick up at a rave

Lately I've been flirting with some of the girls at work, which we all know is a bad idea.
    So, I'm trying to get into a new social circle.
    I've reconnected with some old friends, most of whom are DJ's and have been inviting me to raves.
    I went to my first rave in ten years earlier this month. I just spent the night enjoying the atmosphere..
    I made a couple of new friends, but only one was female.
    The next one I'm going to is a week from Saturday.
    I'd be going to a couple this week end, but I don't want to over do it and I need to request days/nights off two weeks in advance. So I'm only attending one or two a month and I'm spending a little too much time/energy looking forward to them. (or I could be wrong.) Regardless, right now, this is my only outlet.
    So I joined a dating site on the advice of a friend. But I digress...
    The questions, what do I need to know about pick-up at a rave? Should I be direct, or should I just focus on building new social circles?
    I remember getting 'business cards' back in the day, would this be a good idea to try?
    I know I need to learn to dance and glowstick.
    Does anyone have any advice on dancing?
    I'm thinking of joining an online raver community but I read in another post that spending too much time on social media can be a bad thing. But I work alot and don't get out enough. I don't want to be a KJ but I think that I should be able to meet some people on there and then meetup with them at the party.
    Am I completely wrong here?
    Lastly, what are some ways I can DHV in a rave scene?
    Can I use my DJ friends or will that come off as beta?
    Do I HAVE to be Alpha to DHV, or can I still be the cool guy with out AMOGing everyone?
    AMOG is actually against PLUR philosophy, and if anyone catches on it could alienate me from the scene.
    P.S.:
    For some reason I don't understand Google Chrome will not let me post in the forums, so I'm using Explorer and my phone. My apologies for spelling and grammatical errors.

Cool, another raver!

I recently got into the rave scene. It's really the only nightgame/club scene that I like. Sadly, I can't give too many tips since I'm still new to raves. But I do have a wing who has been in the rave scene for a long time and fucked several chicks from it. Watching him, it seems like the rave scene is very social circle. It took him about 9 months to get him anywhere apparently. So I assumed he established a reputation and that's when he started banging women from there. Also, leave the fancy clothes you'd wear at a mainstream club, at home. Ravers wear casual clothes. When I go to raves, I wear a wifebeater and really baggy jeans. You'll see girls there wearing really colourful clothes with a Pikachu (or another Pokemon) plush doll on their back.

And if you want to learn some dance moves, I think the best one is the shuffle. Here's a YouTube video to get you started:

Peace Love Unity Respect!

Comment

Excellent! I'll start studying the vid and practicing.
      Yeah, I just wear some Tripp pants, a plain white t-shirt and my favorite flannel. It's cool because it's missing the left sleeve so I can peacock my candy. (which I need more of..) But I certainly didn't feel overdressed or anything.
      Wow, nine months sounds kinda rough.. But he didn't have a community like this one to help him out did he?
      But the wing man does sound like a good idea. I just reconnected with an old friend who I use to rave with way back when and we're going to Bass Goes Boom later this month. Not sure what kind of wing he is tho.. I haven't even seen the kid in nine-ten years..
      How long have you been raving?
      And what kind of 'reputation' do you think would be conducive to pick-up?
      Do you roll when your out, or do you find that impairing?

Comment

I go to a lot of these things, and while I haven't successfully pulled a girl from one yet, I am getting closer. That's not a big concern of mine though because I always have a GREAT time. I don't go to pick up girls, but I'm not closed off to the idea either.

Anyways, here are my thoughts on this:

* You have to really be enjoying yourself. You have to enjoy the music, the dancing, and the people around you. If you're just there to approach, it comes across a little strange.

* Cold approaching has never worked for me in this setting. My thinking is that you never know what these people are on and what their current state of mind is. Look for IOIs...

* The more fun I am personally having, the more IOIs I get. When I'm not having fun, I don't get any. Girls will literally come and dance RIGHT next to you, accidentally bumping into you frequently or just shaking their ass in your face. For this to happen I believe you need to stand out (great energy, having fun, interacting with everyone around you, having good style, being in shape, etc)

*When you get an IOI, screen by escalating quickly. You DO NOT want to say anything, this comes across weird and will usually make them leave. The IOI was because they were enjoying your energy, ramp it up and let them taste it.

From there it's just a matter of escalation, push/pull, and isolation. My sticking point is that I get knocked out of the original state she was attracted to and start over-analyzing what I'm doing, making too much of an effort. I'm working on being able to maintain my state and enhance it by enjoying and increasing the tension between the two of us.

Does anyone else have some concrete tips on how you should be escalating here? Push/pull examples? I'm currently experimenting with different styles, but haven't quite figured it out yet.

I've seen some guys hook girls by doing THE most boring and monotonous butt pound grinding ever. I'm seriously having too much fun on my own / with my friends for that to be appealing to me. Instead I try to pull off smoother, less animalistic partner dancing. But maybe that's where I'm wrong

Comment

just so long as you beware the safety concerns- lots of people are on all sorts of drugs and if you pull one such girl there is no telling what mind set she will be in a few hours later. read: he raped me.

Comment

Thanks for the tips.
            It sounds like your all saying to focus on social circles and let the rest
            unfold naturaly.. learn to dance and have as much fun as possible to
            DHV and girls should pick up on that and, correct me if I'm wrong,
            Approach me?
            So, that kinda covers 'vibe'..
            Can anyone point me in the direction of some good, free, social circle
            marital?
            Befor you say it, I'm going to GDAFS right now..

@Jimmy~
            This is true, but the same could be said of any pick-up situation..
            False date rape claims are always a concern. Is there anything I can actually
            Do to protect myself?

Comment

Originally posted by Plaid Man View Post
              @Jimmy~
              This is true, but the same could be said of any pick-up situation.. False date rape claims are always a concern.
              "anything can kill you" is not something to hide behind.. you still drive a car don't you? yea, theoretically anytime a girl can claim rape, but when she is rolling her face off or god knows what else she is clearly not in control of herself. she may even be very much into it and enjoying herself. But you don't know what sort of psycho she really might be and what her thought process would lead her to when the shit wears off.

Is there anything I can actually Do to protect myself?
              when I did mess with that stuff I wasn't safe, I just got lucky that it didn't go bad. I have seen some shit tho. what I recommend is to go to raves with a group of people (which is more fun anyways) and make sure that at least some of them are sober. Then, when you are with this chick, be seen enjoying each other/kissing on her/etc in front of these people. this way if she makes any claims you at least have somebody in your corner to corroborate your story. but truthfully tho, stay away from that shit, its game limiting, but more importantly its unsafe. my 2 cents.

Comment

Raves are my shit!

Seriously - love the atmosphere, and the people (well most of them) are incredibly friendly. You don't have to learn any new tricks to enjoy a rave, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't.

Here's my typical rave-like concert happenings:
                1. Show up early. Like .5 hour early. The people there are the diehards waiting to get to the front of the stage and they'll love to tell you about every fucking show they've been to. Usually, IME, there will be a bunch of really outspoken guys with one or two incredibly cute yet incredibly shy girls. Get them to open up, and they'll remember you for the rest of the night. I've had one find me through the crowds and just start grinding into me because I was so friendly to her in the beginning pre-show.
                2. As soon as you enter the venue, starting dancing. You'll be the only one. I've yet to go to a show where everyone starts dancing right away. It's intimidating having everyone watch you, but that's something I don't care about. You're at a fucking rave! Let's rave! And then everyone else will get into it feeding from your vibe and you'll be the one that started the party! This also allows all the women there to see you as the guy that's at the rave to have the fucking time of his life... 'Hmmm, maybe he could show me the time of my life too.'
                3. As the DJs are transitioning, take a break from the pit to start talking to people. I remember when I went to DayGlow I literally met over 100 people. The drugs I was on helped, but still, they all would point me out, high five me, scream my name, etc. Talk about social status! (And yes, I've raved sober before) That was how I ended up having a girl literally wrap herself around me while we made out to the music playing.
                4. Here's something to consider too: your rave experience could go 2 ways at this point. 1) You stay with this first encounter girl for the rest of the concert. This is something guys like to do because they know that guys usually outnumber the girls 3:1 at these things. Or if you're feeling ballsy 2) go dance with any girl that you want to. The key to this is not being like everyone else there: girls ass in guys cock while moving hips back and forth in a boring repetitive motion to the beat. I even (and I know this will sound crazy) turn away from the stage! You'll see the look on these girls faces... half of them aren't even very into the dude that they're dancing with. Grab her hand if she looks disinterested with the dood she's with and spin her around. Girls love to be spun, and to be saved from AFC guys at a rave. Then you can usually turn to the stage with your cock in her ass like everyone else, or do what I do:
                5. "You should be up on my shoulders." And she nods excitedly, and then her vagina's rubbing against your neck. Take her down after a few minutes. She'll be disappointed. This is when I usually start making out with them.
                I've never been able to close from a concert venue - logistics are just too fucked: Her friends, your friends, taxis, buses, etc. BUT, you should try to grab her number. I ended up Day 2 with one rave girl (mind you this is before I knew about PU) and ruined that meet. Oops. But that night, if you do it right, can be amazing.

GLHF! And don't forget to dress flashy. I like to turn myself into a character - literally transform who I am. I think that's why my rave game is my only form of natural game.

Comment

Great reply Animus...

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                  As soon as you enter the venue, starting dancing. You'll be the only one. I've yet to go to a show where everyone starts dancing right away. It's intimidating having everyone watch you, but that's something I don't care about. You're at a fucking rave! Let's rave! And then everyone else will get into it feeding from your vibe and you'll be the one that started the party! This also allows all the women there to see you as the guy that's at the rave to have the fucking time of his life... 'Hmmm, maybe he could show me the time of my life too.'
                  +1 -- Do this. THE key at these things is to get yourself noticed. Only second to pumping your (and everyone around you) energy.

I even (and I know this will sound crazy) turn away from the stage! You'll see the look on these girls faces... half of them aren't even very into the dude that they're dancing with. Grab her hand if she looks disinterested with the dood she's with and spin her around. Girls love to be spun, and to be saved from AFC guys at a rave.
                  +2 -- This is one of my FAVORITE things to do. Pretend like you're leading the crowd. You'll get huge surges of energy, people will notice you, and you will notice them ;-)

"You should be up on my shoulders." And she nods excitedly, and then her vagina's rubbing against your neck. Take her down after a few minutes. She'll be disappointed. This is when I usually start making out with them.
                  Sadly, many smaller venues don't allow this. And there is ZERO chance of hiding it. The bouncers come quick. Now, for places where there are no bouncers... golden.

I've never been able to close from a concert venue - logistics are just too fucked
                  Glad to know it's not just me.

I like to turn myself into a character - literally transform who I am. I think that's why my rave game is my only form of natural game.
                  Raves are the most "normal" places to peacock. Stand out with your clothes, your dancing, your presence... or as you say, your character. Solid advice.

Comment

Awesome!
                    Thanks for tips and ideas guys.
                    I'll be sure to put as much into practis as I can.
                    @Animus, you said something about going into character..
                    Could you elaborate?
                    Do you mean like a created persona, or just dressing up in candy
                    and stuff?
                    "Leading the croud" sounds like an awesome idea..
                    How do you transition from that to "saving" the girls frrom a bore?

Comment

"Leading the croud" sounds like an awesome idea.. How do you transition from that to "saving" the girls frrom a bore?
                      When the guy is simply bouncing around behind her:
                      1. Make eye contact
                      2. Grab her hand (especially easy if her hands are in the air)
                      3. Spin her or pull her towards you
                      4. Continue dancing with her (hopefully different than all the other guys)

Comment

Working...
                      X