Thought Provoking Way of Doing Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought Provoking Way of Doing Life

Originally Posted by pureevilYeah betas largely need to be told what to do. Its a decent system that gets them laid enough to placate them, which is what the alphas running shit and fucking all the hot girls need out of the rest of the men to maintain their own alpha lifestyles in the most comfort possible. Give 'em marriage for a taste of pussy and religion to placate any short-stick revenge angst with "the last shall be first" type ideology, and the alphas can then run things and roam free so long as they're discrete. Its a very easy system to understand and navigate as an alpha.

Recently, PE posted the above on the thread Marriage. It's Possible. and it got me to thinking:

Wouldn't this be an apt way to go through life.

OR MORE IMPORTANTLY ISN'T THIS THE WAY EVERY RICH AND POWERFUL PERSON GOES THROUGH LIFE.

In fact, this seems to me to be the way that most of society is designed. While a lot of rich and powerful people are telling us what to do (work hard, be patient, etc. etc.) other people, the leaders of the world and such are making millions and taking all the abundance. Picture Elon Musk designing PayPal, making millions and telling you to go to college.

Or the government, where the leaders prospering in an over-indulgence fit for themselves.

The point I want to make is that the alpha male decides not only what he wants, but what other people should want and what they should get as well. He makes sure his tribe is provided for, but not taken care of too much. In the same way that Hilary makes over $500k a year and sets laws that allow the rest of the people to live on well under $50k a year.

Finally, the conclusion that I came to was that the only difference is that one has to decide. But even so, you decide for other's and then you make it happen. When everyone is promised a dream of marriage and happiness, you know the truth, and what you want. You let the beta males get the scraps and they can have one marriage each, while we can go and have affairs with their wives. You just make a choice and then prosper from that chance.

In the end, we all weren't meant to be alphas and the only thing stopping those from those who are not, is thought and the action of deciding. Others just aren't going to gain the knowledge, and even if they do, they are not going to decide for themselves. So you might as well do it for them anyway. The alternatives of you not leading could be disastrous.

In the end, it all boils down to the question of what you want out of life, or rather, at the end of your life, what would you like to look back at when you look at your life?

For some, it's a number on a bank account that gives them satisfaction, for others, it's a number corresponding to their lay count, the number of children they spawned, the pleasure they have felt, the number of people they killed, ... keeping track on their own value.

For others, it's about how they have touched other people, how they have had power over them or how they have helped them grow in their own direction, how they are remembered by those people, or simply what difference their lives did make in the greater scheme of things. Some seek grandeur, some seek to vanish from history without leaving a trace.

Others again seek truth or wisdom, again others seek to create the most unsolving puzzle of hidden meaning so the first ones have some fun (or difficulty) solving those.

Very few seem to be truly happy with how they lead their lives, and most people I know seem to try to find a way of life they an copy that raises their hopes of attaining that happiness. Like, "if I only was rich" and then they try hard to emulate that until when they finally get there (most never do and stick in that fantasy) they find it didn't really help that much. Problem is that as far as I have found out in my life you have to create your own path in the end, and there's no one-fits-all-solution you can copy somewhere.

I've found in my life so far that having power over others doesn't really give me joy by itself, but having no one on top of me who tells me what he thinks I should do is a state I do enjoy. I have found that being in a growth-enabling relationship with both my work and other human beings repeatedly allows me to outgrow what I once thought was true, granting me an ever-growing view of the world that one might call partial wisdom. I have found that there are few but nethertheless existing people out in this world that can really help you along this journey, and that conventional ideas on work, family, friendships and relationships prevents me from truly making use of all this potential there is, which is why I'm experimenting a lot to find out what works for me and those people. They are in on the experiment, and they risk it with me by choice, not because I somehow managed to trick or force them into doing what I want them to do. We all grow a ton together doing these things, and although we suffer and fear and feel all those other "negative" emotions in the process, we also know we're in this together and we'll be able to survive the pain until one day we wake up renewed and just a little wiser.

A few days ago my brother hinted that I seem to be somewhat mad, or bipolar, or whatever. I looked up the descriptions, and it was kind of funny to me what I would find there. For once, I don't really fit the descriptions too well, but I also realized how what I perceived as "healthy" is probably seen as pretty insane for most of the population of my country (my brother could be considered "normal" although rather upper-class for he and his wife earn a lot of money). The general society probably would have an interest in "fixing" me so they don't have to face reality as it is. Funny enough, I've found that accepting the term of being insane for myself held a lot of freedom. It helped me accept that I truly seem to be very different from many others. Not better or worse (I refuse to judge there), but very, very different. Which further enables me to accept how finding my very own path isn't only an option for me, it's the option. I seriously don't care much for money, but I care about being able to work, love and live in the way I feel is right. Most people will probably think interchangedly about money and those things and (because it's easier) focus on money, but I usually don't. My gf is an expert in getting things done without money, and I intend to learn a ton from her about this art.

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova View Post
      Recently, PE posted the above on the thread Marriage. It's Possible. and it got me to thinking:

Wouldn't this be an apt way to go through life.

OR MORE IMPORTANTLY ISN'T THIS THE WAY EVERY RICH AND POWERFUL PERSON GOES THROUGH LIFE.
      Its how I roll.

We've got a pretty decent alpha-centric system in place where two sets of rules are always at play. Once you see it, you'll see countless examples of it at play, some of which you wrote about. To join in, all you have to do is MAKE THE CHOICE, put the effort into de-betaizing your mindset, and take the appropriate action to live your life however you like (with enough finesse to know where and how to be discrete), and you can literally do almost whatever you want (be it money and power and sex and women, or other preferences like Jester) with everyone else standing in line.

I'll restate the word finesse, because one of the most important keys is that you don't rub beta in the faces of the betas, part of being alpha is keeping the betas just happy enough to be content. So you speak their language to them and dole out "safe life" advice to them (which is what they need and is what's best for them as a demographic whole), as per your Elon Musk & Clinton examples, while simultaneously discretely as possible doing whatever the fuck you like with your own life (which is where secret society etc comes to life.) You can easily see on these sites what happens when you attempt to open the eyes of many betas - - anger, confusion, resentment, 8 page diatribes, "I'm leaving the country," etc etc etc. They don't understand that all they need to do is decide to play the other game. In general, you do NOT want beta eyes to be opened. Half-open-eye betas are bad for the alpha and society as a whole. (Yes I'm fucking myself with these posts lol.)

There's so much positive opportunity out there in all directions for anyone who chooses to take it. Good observations man, glad I could shine some light

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
        In the end, it all boils down to the question of what you want out of life, or rather, at the end of your life, what would you like to look back at when you look at your life?

For some, it's a number on a bank account that gives them satisfaction, for others, it's a number corresponding to their lay count, the number of children they spawned, the pleasure they have felt, the number of people they killed, ... keeping track on their own value.

For others, it's about how they have touched other people, how they have had power over them or how they have helped them grow in their own direction, how they are remembered by those people, or simply what difference their lives did make in the greater scheme of things. Some seek grandeur, some seek to vanish from history without leaving a trace.

Others again seek truth or wisdom, again others seek to create the most unsolving puzzle of hidden meaning so the first ones have some fun (or difficulty) solving those.

Very few seem to be truly happy with how they lead their lives, and most people I know seem to try to find a way of life they an copy that raises their hopes of attaining that happiness. Like, "if I only was rich" and then they try hard to emulate that until when they finally get there (most never do and stick in that fantasy) they find it didn't really help that much. Problem is that as far as I have found out in my life you have to create your own path in the end, and there's no one-fits-all-solution you can copy somewhere.

I've found in my life so far that having power over others doesn't really give me joy by itself, but having no one on top of me who tells me what he thinks I should do is a state I do enjoy. I have found that being in a growth-enabling relationship with both my work and other human beings repeatedly allows me to outgrow what I once thought was true, granting me an ever-growing view of the world that one might call partial wisdom. I have found that there are few but nethertheless existing people out in this world that can really help you along this journey, and that conventional ideas on work, family, friendships and relationships prevents me from truly making use of all this potential there is, which is why I'm experimenting a lot to find out what works for me and those people. They are in on the experiment, and they risk it with me by choice, not because I somehow managed to trick or force them into doing what I want them to do. We all grow a ton together doing these things, and although we suffer and fear and feel all those other "negative" emotions in the process, we also know we're in this together and we'll be able to survive the pain until one day we wake up renewed and just a little wiser.

A few days ago my brother hinted that I seem to be somewhat mad, or bipolar, or whatever. I looked up the descriptions, and it was kind of funny to me what I would find there. For once, I don't really fit the descriptions too well, but I also realized how what I perceived as "healthy" is probably seen as pretty insane for most of the population of my country (my brother could be considered "normal" although rather upper-class for he and his wife earn a lot of money). The general society probably would have an interest in "fixing" me so they don't have to face reality as it is. Funny enough, I've found that accepting the term of being insane for myself held a lot of freedom. It helped me accept that I truly seem to be very different from many others. Not better or worse (I refuse to judge there), but very, very different. Which further enables me to accept how finding my very own path isn't only an option for me, it's the option. I seriously don't care much for money, but I care about being able to work, love and live in the way I feel is right. Most people will probably think interchangedly about money and those things and (because it's easier) focus on money, but I usually don't. My gf is an expert in getting things done without money, and I intend to learn a ton from her about this art.

Jester
        Man I would agree with a lot of this and point out that your highest value is freedom. If freedom is accomplished than you are happy. In addition, I think most people would think that I am nuts as well. I say fuck a suit and tie life a long time ago lol.

Lastly, and this might be a point for you to think about. What I have noticed, is that at our core, men will do what it takes to take care of their tribe (in however this means for them). I have seen this in the way that no matter what, the biology underpins even deeply held values, but that in a man's nature he is going to protect and take of the tribe. I first noticed this myself in pick up when I had to be the leader of whatever group I was a part of. It was just natural. I noticed this with my uncle who is super wealthy and makes sure all of his family's needs are met financially. I keep seeing this over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by pureevil View Post
          Its how I roll.

We've got a pretty decent alpha-centric system in place where two sets of rules are always at play. Once you see it, you'll see countless examples of it at play, some of which you wrote about. To join in, all you have to do is MAKE THE CHOICE, put the effort into de-betaizing your mindset, and take the appropriate action to live your life however you like (with enough finesse to know where and how to be discrete), and you can literally do almost whatever you want (be it money and power and sex and women, or other preferences like Jester) with everyone else standing in line.

I'll restate the word finesse, because one of the most important keys is that you don't rub beta in the faces of the betas, part of being alpha is keeping the betas just happy enough to be content. So you speak their language to them and dole out "safe life" advice to them (which is what they need and is what's best for them as a demographic whole), as per your Elon Musk & Clinton examples, while simultaneously discretely as possible doing whatever the fuck you like with your own life (which is where secret society etc comes to life.) You can easily see on these sites what happens when you attempt to open the eyes of many betas - - anger, confusion, resentment, 8 page diatribes, "I'm leaving the country," etc etc etc. They don't understand that all they need to do is decide to play the other game. In general, you do NOT want beta eyes to be opened. Half-open-eye betas are bad for the alpha and society as a whole. (Yes I'm fucking myself with these posts lol.)

There's so much positive opportunity out there in all directions for anyone who chooses to take it. Good observations man, glad I could shine some light
          Man this has been so valuable for me. Feels like for so long I've been spinning my wheels and the thought of this has been close by.

How do you go about de-betaizing your mindset? Is this ignoring what everyone says...and...?

I now am totally getting all these people getting angry about opening the betas' eyes and having the finese to live your own life...Isn't it super challenging to live your own life with all the betas and convey their thoughts and ideas or maybe this just gets easier with practice?

Lastly, where can I find more information on stuff like this? Can you write a post on some of this? Do I have to figure this out as I go? My thoughts are that this information and things so counter-culture are going to be really hard to find or are even repressed. 48 Laws of Power was good, but I think it goes deeper. How do I understand this more?

Comment

Note sure how much of any of the following is relevant to your case, but these are some of my thoughts on related issues.

Figuring out the alpha-vs-beta thing at a detailed level is somewhat counterproductive, because it turns it into a problem in micromanagement with no underlying managerial philosophy. This is to an extent why people hate MM.

Instead, what works more organically is identifying your core values and working towards establishing them in your life. This is far from easy and for many people will involve some serious soul searching. But it does establish two things- (1) it gives you a day to day routine that is not soul-crushing, and a productive routine is essential for us to not get disoriented, (2) Having your core values clear is the simplest way to have clarity of your personal boundaries, instead of switching back and forth constantly between pushover "beta" and overcompensated "alpha".

When you hit the sweet spot, you will experience what I like to call "meaning". I am convinced that meaning is a way in which our evolutionary circuitry tells us that we are stabilizing at the right location between too much aggression and too much passivity, too much change and too little, too much persistence and too much outcome independence. Meaning is what we experience when we are appropriately balancing the contradiction that is life.

And when I read your posts it seems to me that underneath the superficial querries, this meaning is what you are seeking, and that you are feeling disoriented. I could be wrong of course.

Anyways, first thing I would start with is notice that your life (I am certain) is pretty fucking good, however much you are reminded of its imperfections. This is ridiculously and insanely important. Noticing that your life is objectively good, and noticing it regularly and every day, is an important ingredient in controlling your brain because our brains are naturally pre-disposed towards comparing ourselves negatively against our peers/ambience/projected self-image/whatever. As i like to say, having a brain is like riding a dragon - if you dont know how to ride it properly, it will breathe fire up your asshole.

I would also suggest that even though your brain is telling you that you need a solution, what it actually needs is a problem. A problem, a challenge, that YOU deem worthy. Taking on the challenge that is life. Thats usually what people are missing (because they try to studiously avoid problems). When you have a challenge that captures your imagination, the trivial issues will appear as they are: trivial. But when you try to avoid problems, your brain (the dragon!) will create and exaggerate problems for you and ruin your happiness. Give it something to occupy itself with instead of buying into the popular mythology that a good life is one where things are easy and lazy. Its a seriously damaging myth to think that the goal of life is to get enough success so that you can quit.

Afterall, if you are not occupied and engaged, life just turns into waiting for death. No matter how much you try to distract yourself (with money, pussy, etc), your brain is smart and will know that you are just consuming, and not leaving a mark on this world. You need to find problems.

Comment

Lastly, and this might be a point for you to think about. What I have noticed, is that at our core, men will do what it takes to take care of their tribe (in however this means for them). I have seen this in the way that no matter what, the biology underpins even deeply held values, but that in a man's nature he is going to protect and take of the tribe. I first noticed this myself in pick up when I had to be the leader of whatever group I was a part of. It was just natural. I noticed this with my uncle who is super wealthy and makes sure all of his family's needs are met financially. I keep seeing this over and over.
              I have found (and was surprised myself to find) that I seem to be less occupied with any single tribe than humanity (or the world) as a whole. Of course there are people I connect easier to than others, but I seem to care more about the general idea of the freedom of choice for everyone than making it happen for certain people I care the most about. I talked about this with my brother a lot, for he cares only for his family and some very close friends. As an archetype, I seem to come closest to the shaman one, being somewhat on the edge of his society, connecting it to the outside world.

Jester

Comment

Man this has been so valuable for me. Feels like for so long I've been spinning my wheels and the thought of this has been close by.

How do you go about de-betaizing your mindset? Is this ignoring what everyone says...and...?

I now am totally getting all these people getting angry about opening the betas' eyes and having the finese to live your own life...Isn't it super challenging to live your own life with all the betas and convey their thoughts and ideas or maybe this just gets easier with practice?

Lastly, where can I find more information on stuff like this? Can you write a post on some of this? Do I have to figure this out as I go? My thoughts are that this information and things so counter-culture are going to be really hard to find or are even repressed. 48 Laws of Power was good, but I think it goes deeper. How do I understand this more?
                Its definitely much harder being an alpha than a beta, that's why most men are betas. Most men love their rules, it makes life easier and safer to have a clear instruction manual that you simply follow, that can deliver expected (albiet lower level) results.

And there's not a lot of direct information on this subject. Its piecemealed everywhere. 48 Laws of Power is a piece, "follow your heart" type advice is a piece, secret society is a piece, and the understanding of religion as a tool of the powerful to placate the masses is a piece. There are no doubt many other pieces that aren't coming to my mind right now.

How to get yourself to this point is a process, but simple awareness was the catalyst for me, and, by the nature of the alpha, the rest is explored and forged (there is no instruction manual! It BETA as FUCK to expect one or even want one!!). Once your eyes are open, and you gradually start seeing how the world actually works more clearly, you're able to look at certain historic and current events in a more real light and see what's actually going on (like your Musk and Clinton examples). As another example, let's look at Moses and the burning bush. Let's assume that Moses was a real person who indeed led the Israelites out of Egypt (and the story isn't entirely a myth.) The story that the masses believe is that God came to Moses in a burning bush to give him instructions on how to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. But from the "alpha male playing the leadership power game" lens, what ACTUALLY happened? Well. . . as a MAN, your authority can be challenged by other men, and it either comes down to a physical fight for who's strongest, or a mental battle of words over who can convince others who's most correct. As a MAN, you can be challenge by other men at all times. But if you can convince the masses that you're the sole spokesman of God himself, you essentially elevate yourself to a diety level and other men cannot challenge you. It puts you above men, an untouchable authority and Alpha. Thus, Moses set up the frame where GOD was leading the people THROUGH him, as opposed to HIM being the one leading. THIS is the key to his power. Once people were convinced of that he was a spokesman of God (I can get into how he achieved this, which is another long paragraph), no man could challenge his authority or power, it established him as an untouchable Alpha male.

From this lens, the burning bush story then makes 100% sense to me. It was a device used by an alpha to gain power over the masses. Beta males buy the story. Burned half-open-eye betas get angry at the story and rail against religion. Alphas know what's actually up, respect the effective tactic that worked exceptionally well, and store it away as a tactic that they themselves can be inspired by.

Once I started seeing things through this lens, the whole world, much of history, and the function of religion finally start to make sense. And the applications to my own life became apparent. Now, me personally, I've always been wired as a alpha. Long before I made this realization I was already the type to pack my bags, move 3000 miles from home, and couch surf Los Angeles for months until I got myself set up, to then be able go after my grand vision. These are natural alpha "pave my own way" traits, eschewing "rules" and "safety" in order to "take the road less traveled." Over time, it all clicks, and you end up with a clear understanding of how true leaders of men operate to get their way. They use burning bush type devices, secret society code, and beta male's natural attraction to rules and safety and passionate leadership to get whatever they want out of life.

Comment

Its definitely much harder being an alpha than a beta, that's why most men are betas. Most men love their rules, it makes life easier and safer to have a clear instruction manual that you simply follow, that can deliver expected (albiet lower level) results.

And there's not a lot of direct information on this subject. Its piecemealed everywhere. 48 Laws of Power is a piece, "follow your heart" type advice is a piece, secret society is a piece, and the understanding of religion as a tool of the powerful to placate the masses is a piece. There are no doubt many other pieces that aren't coming to my mind right now.

How to get yourself to this point is a process, but simple awareness was the catalyst for me, and, by the nature of the alpha, the rest is explored and forged (there is no instruction manual! It BETA as FUCK to expect one or even want one!!). Once your eyes are open, and you gradually start seeing how the world actually works more clearly, you're able to look at certain historic and current events in a more real light and see what's actually going on (like your Musk and Clinton examples). As another example, let's look at Moses and the burning bush. Let's assume that Moses was a real person who indeed led the Israelites out of Egypt (and the story isn't entirely a myth.) The story that the masses believe is that God came to Moses in a burning bush to give him instructions on how to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. But from the "alpha male playing the leadership power game" lens, what ACTUALLY happened? Well. . . as a MAN, your authority can be challenged by other men, and it either comes down to a physical fight for who's strongest, or a mental battle of words over who can convince others who's most correct. As a MAN, you can be challenge by other men at all times. But if you can convince the masses that you're the sole spokesman of God himself, you essentially elevate yourself to a diety level and other men cannot challenge you. It puts you above men, an untouchable authority and Alpha. Thus, Moses set up the frame where GOD was leading the people THROUGH him, as opposed to HIM being the one leading. THIS is the key to his power. Once people were convinced of that he was a spokesman of God (I can get into how he achieved this, which is another long paragraph), no man could challenge his authority or power, it established him as an untouchable Alpha male.

From this lens, the burning bush story then makes 100% sense to me. It was a device used by an alpha to gain power over the masses. Beta males buy the story. Burned half-open-eye betas get angry at the story and rail against religion. Alphas know what's actually up, respect the effective tactic that worked exceptionally well, and store it away as a tactic that they themselves can be inspired by.

Once I started seeing things through this lens, the whole world, much of history, and the function of religion finally start to make sense. And the applications to my own life became apparent. Now, me personally, I've always been wired as a alpha. Long before I made this realization I was already the type to pack my bags, move 3000 miles from home, and couch surf Los Angeles for months until I got myself set up, to then be able go after my grand vision. These are natural alpha "pave my own way" traits, eschewing "rules" and "safety" in order to "take the road less traveled." Over time, it all clicks, and you end up with a clear understanding of how true leaders of men operate to get their way. They use burning bush type devices, secret society code, and beta male's natural attraction to rules and safety and passionate leadership to get whatever they want out of life.
                  Gold.

Comment

I do agree that as a tactic, this would (and will work), and it makes it much easier to get what you want out of life (making others do your bidding). I do wonder, though, if you have come to a point where you have found out what exactly it is you'd want out of your life? For me, that's probably wisdom, or what I like to call "experiencing/understanding the full range of human existence". And, somehow, touching and planting seeds in other beings or even non-living beings, like by writing a book other people might want to read and be changed by reading it. A strong motivation for myself is making the fact I existed to make a difference. I think I would even rather be remembered as someone quite insane or evil than not be remembered at all (although I usually am quite friendly to everyone since this seems to be my natural state of interaction).

I do see your point of how most people seem to be sleepwalking around all their lives and how seeing through the illusions can help you discover ways of interaction most people cannot even perceive, but for me it was always important to find a reason why I do things, and why I do them the way I do them. Like, a female friend of mine once told me that "If you love another woman, you cannot love your gf at the same time". Took me a while to figure out how I really feel about these things, but now I understand that I in fact can love several people at the same time. Love isn't a limited comodity, it works more like a well that opens up and gives more freely the more you let people drink from it. Time, money, where you can be at certain times are limited comodities, though, and one has to be economic about those to be able to be sustainable. Which is why I can freely love several women and not fear that my love will dwindle for some of them, but I cannot promise all of them the same amount of the more limited comodities, these are mostly reserved for my gf.

Another example is how the education system works (in my country). As a teacher I always wondered why the fuck you're supposed to learn stuff you cannot apply while school takes up most of your time as a young human so you can't spend much of your free time to learn stuff that really matters to you. I think now I partually get it: you don't go to school to learn stuff, you go there spending your time and in this way paying (in natural goods, your time) to get some certificate that says "you are now officially allowed to get more money when you next spend some time for someone else" (like when you actually work somewhere afterwards). It doesn't matter much in most cases whether you are good at what you do or not, it matters if you have some certificate claiming you are. It's fucked up from my point of view which is that of a teacher who actually cares for education, but it's probably the reason why I ran into so many problems at different schools where I tried to actually educate those kids and make them discover the world. Nobody cares much about educating them, people care about them getting certificates so they earn more money later on and they care about the kids becoming employable which equals them not thinking too much about what they do.

Then there's another problem that's connected to the former one: you're formed in school and everywhere so you trust mostly in money to supply you with all you need. You learn how some plants are called but not what you could do with them because you're told you don't need to know more anyway since you'll earn money which helps you buy food and do everything for you. You're trained to become dependent on money, and then hope you'll later on earn enough to cover up all your incompetences you've never overcome because people told you all you'd need to learn is how to earn enough money and you're golden. And they tell you after a certain age you won't be able to learn new stuff that well anymore, so you're stuck with the money problem as your only one, and your only solution too.

Since most people (at least those I know) are more or less in the same situation, once you start seeing through all those illusions and start questioning and experimenting, people around you start to worry about you, try to lure you back to where they know they can relate. One of the most painful experiences one can undergo is seeing someone else that's just like you breaking a prison you know you're in too and you know you could escape as well. It's ok for people to see famous, rich people escaping it, they are nothing similar to them. But see your brother, your friend, someone as normal as you, it shows you could, too. And since most people seem to be very afraid of what they could do (so very inconvenient), they'll want you to stay put as they do. A few days ago my brother told me his wife thinks I'm partly psychotic to insane for how I lead my life. I love him, but he's pretty much entrapped in trying to solve everything with money (he and his wife earn well) and supressing his emotions so he doesn't have to feel them or question his life too much, and for me that sounds pretty insane as well. By thinking I'm "insane" or "psychic" he can discriminate himself from me and watch me do things he wouldn't dare doing, but now it's ok since I'm "officially" different in his opinion, like a famous or immensely rich person, only not that highly thought of.

A few weeks ago a few of my students asked me if I would quit my job teaching them if I had a million €, and it got me thinking. I think I would perhaps quit the contract as it is so I could spend more time with my gf or travel around more, but I would still like to work in a setting similar to the one I work at the moment, for it enables me to experiment more on how education truly works. Money alone wouldn't help me do the work I love doing, the work I truly care about. I think it's important to find something you love doing that isn't quantifyable like money, or you might end up in a vicious cycle of raising the quantity of your results while not heightening the quality of what you are doing. So for me working with kids has little to do with how many students I work with or how they are graded but about how I can help them increase the quality of their lives (and thus understand life itself better myself).

So I'm pondering the idea of accepting a little insanity these days, for it would probably make it easier for people around me to accept what I do and why. Probably wouldn't be a good idea because they'd probably try to "help" me revert back to normal but still sounds like an interesting experiment..

Jester

Comment

I do agree that as a tactic, this would (and will work),
                      The point wasn't to describe a particular tactic, but to describe what I believe to be the most accurate way possible of viewing the world. The specific example was a demonstration on how to view historic and current events from the "alpha gaining and maintaining power and leadership" frame, IE how to spot the alpha tactic going on behind the event, which is what's actually fueling most of what goes on in the world.

By developing the ability to view the world this way, you're able to have a more accurate view of history and current events in general (instead of buying everything at face value like a beta), while also exposing and understanding 100s of already field tested tactics like the Moses one (or the Clinton and Musk ones that Supernova brought up) that have effectively been used to gain and maintain power and leadership currently and throughout history, that you yourself may be able to employ at the right times.

I do wonder, though, if you have come to a point where you have found out what exactly it is you'd want out of your life? . . . . A few weeks ago a few of my students asked me if I would quit my job teaching them if I had a million €,
                      Me personally? Absolutely, my various missions (career, personal life, and inner development and growth), are both clear and fluid, and 10 years on path. I know exactly where I would invest a million €, in fact I'm currently taking meetings with investors pitching a crystal clear vision built on a decade of forging my own path in LA along with analysis of the most effective business models that currently exist in my field.

I'm 38 though, you're mid-20s, which are a different beast and I can remember going through many of the more vague and idealistic self-discovery trains of thought you go down, where questions like "what would you do with a million $$" exist to help you find your path, rather than being a literal question of how would you invest a million into your bread and butter mission that's a decade+ into progress.

Agreed, the alpha needs his mission and his missions. That's a given.

Since most people (at least those I know) are more or less in the same situation, once you start seeing through all those illusions and start questioning and experimenting, people around you start to worry about you, try to lure you back to where they know they can relate.
                      "How to deal with betas" is definitely an issue requiring finesse. Secret society is the answer on the sex/relationship end of things. You know the most effective answer on the mission end of things? SUCCESS! What shuts people up when it comes to an alpha blazing his own path is success. In your case, if you were to win a prestigious award for "innovative teaching methods" or something along those lines, everyone would immediately flip to looking up to you and bragging about you instead of worrying about you. That's how betas work.

Prior to success, what shuts them up the most effectively? PASSION, POSITIVITY, and SELF-ASSUREDNESS. . . along with DISTANCE. Like, physical distance, where you can be your own man carving yourself out away from your childhood influences.

When I packed my bags and moved 3000 miles to make my way in LA, my passion and confidence turned most I was leaving behind into cheerleaders. The distance apart didn't allow them to see or interfere with or nitpick anything I was doing day-to-day, and within a few years I was able to demonstrate measurable and observable success. From that point forward, that's that. Success shuts up the betas, its a real world demonstration that you're the alpha and they quite naturally fall in line. (Now. . . I'm sure they shit talk and nitpick behind my back, but whatever. . that's just betas being betas.)

Comment

Its how I roll.

That beta cucoon is so so sweet though
                        How do you resist!!!

:P

Man, problem is, tryng to go alpha can go so fuckaculously WRONG
                        That often guys trying become these shell motherfuckers with no soul
                        Using propoganda and rhetoric to substitute their daily dose of beta from breaking out into full blown withdrawl

So sometimes, in order to de-bullshittify
                        You go omega...

I personally overdid that in my life.
                        I kinda think I should have fought in the ring for a championship now
                        Cuz I wouldve had a money starting point
                        BUT I got chumped into trying to prove I could do other things, yadda yadda yadda

I dont regret stepping away from some things though.

I get your point though,
                        Just get it DONE, don't play with it

Things aren't always that clear for most people I think
                        And yeah, its not BAD
                        But its also a bit weird if no one ever says "hey, idiot, go do it"

Its complicated
                        Until it isn't...

And you better hope you got it right by then, or... it can fuck up :P

Maybe that sounds like jibber jabber nonsense,
                        but I just think, there is something WEIRD about rising up into that zone

Comment

[QUOTE=pureevil;184550]
                          Me personally? Absolutely, my various missions (career, personal life, and inner development and growth), are both clear and fluid, and 10 years on path. I know exactly where I would invest a million €, in fact I'm currently taking meetings with investors pitching a crystal clear vision built on a decade of forging my own path in LA along with analysis of the most effective business models that currently exist in my field.

I'm 38 though, you're mid-20s, which are a different beast and I can remember going through many of the more vague and idealistic self-discovery trains of thought you go down, where questions like "what would you do with a million $$" exist to help you find your path, rather than being a literal question of how would you invest a million into your bread and butter mission that's a decade+ into progress.

Agreed, the alpha needs his mission and his missions. That's a given.
                          [QUOTE]

Happy for you that you seem to be happy with how you lead your life, and I agree that 10 years from now (I'm 28 now) I'll probably be thinking a lot different from how I think at the moment. Since I was about 16, almost every year completely overwhelmed my mind with new things I learned (often the hard way). I'm pretty much looking forward to my future and I'm very curious about how it will turn out. Probably not going to be a smooth ride, but interesting nonetheless
                          Those questions like "what would you do with X money?" did indeed help me quite a bit since I figured out that most of my missions aren't really related to money, and much more to relationships with people and having the space I need to experiment with what I think is true. I need some money for stuff that's hard to substitute in other ways, but not much, really.

"How to deal with betas" is definitely an issue requiring finesse. Secret society is the answer on the sex/relationship end of things. You know the most effective answer on the mission end of things? SUCCESS! What shuts people up when it comes to an alpha blazing his own path is success. In your case, if you were to win a prestigious award for "innovative teaching methods" or something along those lines, everyone would immediately flip to looking up to you and bragging about you instead of worrying about you. That's how betas work.

Prior to success, what shuts them up the most effectively? PASSION, POSITIVITY, and SELF-ASSUREDNESS. . . along with DISTANCE. Like, physical distance, where you can be your own man carving yourself out away from your childhood influences.

When I packed my bags and moved 3000 miles to make my way in LA, my passion and confidence turned most I was leaving behind into cheerleaders. The distance apart didn't allow them to see or interfere with or nitpick anything I was doing day-to-day, and within a few years I was able to demonstrate measurable and observable success. From that point forward, that's that. Success shuts up the betas, its a real world demonstration that you're the alpha and they quite naturally fall in line. (Now. . . I'm sure they shit talk and nitpick behind my back, but whatever. . that's just betas being betas.)
                          The bolded part is pretty golden in my view, although success is a rather subjective term. I've had great success with my students, and parents did agree (I got many letters and personal praise), but it didn't save me from colleagues hating me because of that success and they getting the headmaster to kick me out somehow. Granted, this kind of success wasn't an official medal or something, but still. I thought having visible success with what I was doing would secure my position, but it turned out to make me even more unbearable to some colleagues because by making what I did and its consequences visible, it at the same time also showed how what they did paled in comparison, and certain colleagues seemed unable to stand that.

From a positive perspective, it lead me to finally accept that I don't belong in the general school system if it's that fucked up, and the whole thing got me to apply for the job I do now and which I really enjoy for the moment (plus the conditions are pretty awesome, nice pay, little work hours, many holidays/much free time each week). If I didn't experience all that shit making the problematic systemic conditions of the school system here so blatantly visible, I'd probably still think I may not be good enough to be a common school teacher.

About the moving away part: When I moved to Brazil for a year and later on moved to Germany for a year to work at a school there, I've noticed people giving me more respect just for that, plus especially at that German school I could see very clearly how what I did as a teacher and for school development had a massive positive impact on the school. So moving away did help indeed. After about a year in Germany, I wanted to be closer to my family and old friends again though because I never ever saw them anymore (like 4 times a year or so). So I wonder how you deal with that? You don't care much anymore for old friends or family back home? Or did you build a system of work/income that enables you to see them often enough regardless of the distance? How about having children? If I have children, I'd imagine it would be easier to care for them if my own family (or that of my gf) is close enough so you can let them care for the children too if you need space for yourself. I'm not asking these questions to annoy you, I'm really curious because my gf is from another country and we're trying to figure out how we can find a good solution for us both long-term so we can both see our old friends and family frequently enough. We're both people who can easily encounter new friends wherever we go after a while, but those old friends who accompanied you over 10+ years do have a certain value to us.

Jester

Comment

About the moving away part: When I moved to Brazil for a year and later on moved to Germany for a year to work at a school there, I've noticed people giving me more respect just for that, plus especially at that German school I could see very clearly how what I did as a teacher and for school development had a massive positive impact on the school. So moving away did help indeed. After about a year in Germany, I wanted to be closer to my family and old friends again though because I never ever saw them anymore (like 4 times a year or so). So I wonder how you deal with that? You don't care much anymore for old friends or family back home? Or did you build a system of work/income that enables you to see them often enough regardless of the distance? How about having children? If I have children, I'd imagine it would be easier to care for them if my own family (or that of my gf) is close enough so you can let them care for the children too if you need space for yourself. I'm not asking these questions to annoy you, I'm really curious because my gf is from another country and we're trying to figure out how we can find a good solution for us both long-term so we can both see our old friends and family frequently enough. We're both people who can easily encounter new friends wherever we go after a while, but those old friends who accompanied you over 10+ years do have a certain value to us.

This was interesting for me because the two times I've moved away from home have been some of the biggest moments of growth for me.

First, moving to Denver got me away from all my old family conditioning and their negative habits. I really came into myself and learned what I was capable of.

Second, living in Bali was even more amazing. Most people get lonely while traveling. Not me. I spent Christmas at the co-working center and hardly missed the family. A call once every two weeks and my purpose was driving me more than ever. Maybe it's just me, but it felt like I could do that forever? Anyway, I came back for just a few months. One of the reasons is to help them out. The other is to get set up for longer travel.

Comment

The bolded part is pretty golden in my view, although success is a rather subjective term. I've had great success with my students, and parents did agree (I got many letters and personal praise), but it didn't save me from colleagues hating me because of that success and they getting the headmaster to kick me out somehow.
                              Yeah there's a big difference between colleagues and family/friends/everyone else. Success will satisfy your family and friends who want what's best for you (and tend to think "the safe path" is the way to go until you prove them wrong). It will also quickly qualify your alternate lifestyle to anyone else you interact with (who isn't a colleague). The power of "success" was made blatantly clear about 9 years ago on a flight where I sat next to an older lady. She was asking about what I do, and I said music, and she said "do you live off of it or work a day job?" I said "I live off it quite nicely right now" and she said "I'm sure I wouldn't like the music, but I'm not supposed to I'm the grandma now, but its great seeing a successful young man going after his dreams and living off of it." This was an eye opening moment for me. I realized I wouldn't really be judged by most others for the quality of my work, but rather my degree of success. My target market. . . THEY want quality. But family and other people I interact with, they judge on SUCCESS. If you demonstrate success, then betas fall in line and go to work for you (including defending you to the death), as they're programmed to with an alpha that's proven himself.

Colleagues, however, can feel jealous by success, since they're in direct competition with you for this success. I've never personally been trapped in a closed system like you've experienced, where negativity can fester for years without elimination, so this didn't immediately come to my mind. My colleague competition is competitive but positive and full of earned mutual respect. Me personally, I can't take working within red tape laden closed systems created by someone else, I've created my own thing so I'm able to simply eliminate those that operate from a negative mindset in any way. That shit is poison to me. You're an alpha-minded guy working as a beta though surrounded by this kind of poison, which will come with its particular set of issues. Maybe as you pave your way you'll have more first hand advice on how to work with jealous colleagues within a closed system that isn't "yours," or else find a way to create your own thing that you have control over.

So moving away did help indeed. After about a year in Germany, I wanted to be closer to my family and old friends again though because I never ever saw them anymore (like 4 times a year or so). So I wonder how you deal with that? You don't care much anymore for old friends or family back home?
                              I go home 2-4 times a year for a week or two at a time. That's more than enough for me. I don't really see that as "going home" though, its my father's home. Home is what I've set up for myself in LA. And as far as old friends. . . I mean. . time does its damage to that. . . I'm pretty good seeing my aging fat divorced father-of-3 high school friends who still play poker the exact same night we used to 15 years ago fairly infrequently lol. The divide between those that go for it and those that stay behind becomes greater and greater as the years go by, and honestly I have to tone talking about my own life WAY down at this point when I go back home to that. "You can't go home" is for real, you have to create your own home.

If I have children, I'd imagine it would be easier to care for them if my own family (or that of my gf) is close enough so you can let them care for the children too if you need space for yourself.
                              This is where money helps. Money is the most freeing value-exchanger out there. Without it, you need to rely on favors by family and friends, which come with their own price in other ways (returned favors, dependency, inability to move away etc etc.) With it, the value exchange is over as soon as you pay the person looking after your kids, and thus you're always free.

II'm not asking these questions to annoy you, I'm really curious because my gf is from another country and we're trying to figure out how we can find a good solution for us both long-term so we can both see our old friends and family frequently enough. We're both people who can easily encounter new friends wherever we go after a while, but those old friends who accompanied you over 10+ years do have a certain value to us.
                              I'm going to raise my children in MY home in California, not my father's home on the east coast.

Honestly, seeing family twice a year or so for a week or two each time should be plenty! Perhaps its a cultural difference, but I think putting off opportunities for yourself as a 20-something because you miss your parents and friends is on the harmful side of things. You want to create your OWN home, with your OWN girl(s), and your OWN kids who'll move 1000 miles from you and do the same themselves when they hit 20. I feel like you're on the verge of going from seeing "home" as you as a kid in your father's family, to you being your own man with your own family. Once you make that shift then doing your own thing away from the constraints of family will become more natural for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X