Foruming pros & cons discussion 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foruming pros & cons discussion 2017

Due to injury, Ive been sitting still a lot lately. Consequently thinking more. Consequently being online more, including this forum. As it happened very suddenly, I can see some of the before/after-effects rather clearly. There is good and bad, so this wont be just another "Get off The Net NOW!!!" type of post.. more like pro's & con's & balancing things out...

What I noticed:
    -Brain is going very hard into a mode I would call connecting the dots..
    -Brand new ideas/experiences (as in 'new dots') is hardly happening at all.
    -Dots that dont connect well, become a sort of eyesore.

Im guessing/suspecting that staying on a forum has the impact of adding new dots and lines on a continuous basis.... While getting results IRL, can often rely on just taking one 'completed drawing' with you, and using that for a while without questioning it...

If so, then a sort of intermittent relationship to forums, would be ideal.. That when you have a go at foruming, you do it massively, so that your brain reaps the benefit of that 'mode change', but also that when you take a break, you do it 'cleanly' and for a solid chunk of time..

Im also wondering if away-time can be used to write a blog or book. Because that would be just like making the lines crisper in your 'existing drawing', right? Im thinking that could be a good thing. But not 100% certain.
    My method: Say "Hello" or "Wow" > shy look > starry-eyed look > spamming cold-read-compliments + feather light touches

A path toward mastery always involves teaching of the craft to others.
    -Supernova

Comment

-4sure. Esp, the part where you structure it to become presentable. (mind or paper or otherwise)
      -Being the student, is more mixed one. But the value of feedback is irreplaceable?
      -Most 'high level' posters tend to write based on their own 'model'. Even when commenting on what others write. I guess its a form of defense/cleanliness versus the 'forum taint'..
      My method: Say "Hello" or "Wow" > shy look > starry-eyed look > spamming cold-read-compliments + feather light touches

Comment

Was gonna start a thread - "Neo-seductionism - The curating of what we do"

Personally, I was always in this 'place'.. since first finding alt.seduction.fast ..which felt like the first time I used a commodore64, or the first time I went on the WWW... Like running smack into a brick wall of awesomeness.. but soon into feeling of overload and the desire to create system out of chaos.

My #1 enemy - BOOKS!! (and very long posts, and posts with very many rules/points)

System is always to boil things down.
        While book-writing is like cooking a ton of soup from a few bones.. At least most books I read.

-to be continued- (need to run)

Comment

-'curating' continued-

Declaring war on all 'long texts' is a bit inaccurate. Good books do exist, and they produce 'essence' and 'boiling down', in spite of using a lot of words to achieve that. The type of book that is the 'enemy', is the book that wishes to convey a large multitude of things. Because in large numbers lies redundancy, wastefulness and chaos. There are 1000 ways to skin a cat. 999 of them are probably grossly ineffective though. And trying to learn all 1000 is complete and utter nonsense...

So what we have learned so far regarding 'seduction' is like a brick wall, when what is required is a single stone of suitable size for hitting a bird..

The national gallery has a vault containing 43.237 paintings large and small.. As the curator, its your job to pick 25 paintings to display in an upcoming exhibition... precisely how do you do that?

Comment

The national gallery has a vault containing 43.237 paintings large and small.. As the curator, its your job to pick 25 paintings to display in an upcoming exhibition... precisely how do you do that?
            Alpha energy would dictate that there really only is twenty five paintings worth putting out in an exhibition. If you imagine it as a modelling agency instead of an exhibition becomes easier.

If I were to choose PUA's best pieces I'd probably take a couple of Thin Man's posts, with Gunwitch's maybe Tarzan, Daigoro maybe some NWP and Neo Rio. Then just plug in some old MASF stuff to fill in the cracks that I forgot.
            Is this all in my head? You don't
            move like a normal girl - Normal girls
            don't look like that, not in their eyes
            or the way you orchestrate my butterflies

Brett McGibbon

Self improvement isnt anywhere near as powerful as making her tingle lol

PUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TahFeqo1iiU

Comment

Yes!! And thats exactly what you have to do. (You make it sound a bit easier than IRL but its certainly doable.)

And when that light mix starts flowering into bloom for you (after sticking with it a while), you have to sort of turn a blind eye to the 'latest and greatest' ideas... lest you want to ruin the perfection factor of that exhibition, and kinda start from scratch..

Comment

Just for tying some strings..

Originally posted by ijjjji View Post
                If you grab all the various stuff that tends to come up in PU-discussion-forums, and organize it into a mind-map.. it would probably be as big/complex as this one:

This illustrates the potential size of the PU-THOUGHT-CLUSTER, in someone who spend a lot of time discussing PU...

Have you ever tried to learn a dance/choreography or similar set of specific moves? Or learning to wind-surf, or learning to bike-cycle, or anything that requires some level of coordination of movement/action? Do you remember one time, if the instructor said 2 or 3 things in fast succession, and your whole performance fell apart, when you tried to accomplish those multiple things simultaneously?

This is the DOWNSIDE of discussing PU. The best way to discover if you are affected or not, is probably to take a break from forums, and see if results improve. Being selective about what to discuss, can help. Tailoring your personal 'method' down to a single focus, can also help. (I tried to do this on ijjjji.blogspot.com, weeding out a lot of 'step' type stuff, but I feel I can probably do even better!)

Comment

Well back when doing martial arts this was considered a big problem
                  As in "how do you know what technique to use if you have 15 for that same situation"
                  I solved it as a kid
                  By breaking down the effective part of techniques into "elements"
                  Which turned 1000 ideas into 24 ideas
                  Then I turned 24 ideas into one idea by defining the use of those elements

These days I just have two techniques
                  But then it complicates into 4 main movements
                  And the four main movements have 4 variations depending on how severe I want consequences to be or not be
                  And then I run through which techs have the best probability

When I used to teach it, People found it effective and could apply it
                  But what they remembered most was how I drilled each techhnique
                  I always focused on making them breathe and do it slow enough
                  That it would just "slot in" and they'd do it rapidly/powerfully after a while

Students told me that was the most instructive part, cuz they would sometimes do things slow in life, only to become highly efficient at those things
                  I trained them slow cuz it forces the student to pay attention to a really tedious degree, which builds tension
                  Over time tthe tension and awareness becomes so great, that action becomes subconsciously effective

THAT SAID
                  Yeah its highly effective to miniturise and effectively train the right parts of something
                  BUT people will always wonder if they are getting enough training from a sufficiently knowledgeable source, unless you also showcase trivial knowledge and add in spicey information here and there

Its like, people do better at fighting training with mr. miyagi
                  But they want to train with Cobra Kai to test their worth/knowledge

Same with forums, its tthat "test of worth" idea
                  Not so much the training and drilling idea

~~~

I really love how feynman diagrams work
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dqtW9MslFk
                  The guy simplified a LOT of things down into those diagrams
                  Heck chaos at the subatomic level is crazy, and reducing it is crazy useful

The same is true in anything
                  If you reduce the chaos but KEEP the detail and complexity
                  You wind up with a superior model

Comment

From another thread regarding the trashiness of 'group think'.

Originally posted by ijjjji View Post
                    Just some thoughts - a bit anecdotal:

Obviously, NewPU is a very very vague 'working title' on all accounts except one - its *different* from (old) 'PU'. I have some thoughts why cosy, myself and a few others are going through a period of needing to distance ourselves from (old) "PU", almost to the point of doing everything in journals and private conversations. (As example, you can see cosy journal and my recent posts like Foruming pros & cons discussion 2017 and Natural game - radically redefined)

Group-thinking has amazing (brainstorming) properties. When you want to 'cover all bases and angles', there is absolutely nothing that beats it. On the flip side, its absolutely trash (literally) for creating a streamlined derivative. The heaps and heaps of trash you end up with if failing to fully disconnect from group at an early point, is just mind-blowing. Basically, Im just applauding when people get how wrong it is to turn pu into a backpack full of trash from everywhere. (The newbie guide guide in this board is a good example of such a backpack imo.)

Take someone like Bacchus (#145), coming in late with clear ideas of his own and knowing the 'house of PU' is a pigsty of 'mixed trash', thus never much struggle to stay clear. He probably has it easier than people like cosy, and especially myself, who stayed in this house for a long time, and was not so aware of the 'trash factor' when first entering.

Note: Things are not always "trashy" in themselves. Individually 'good' things take on the nature of trash when mixed with other things it does not belong with.

Comment

Working...
                    X