Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still have some demons

We all will.

Remembering the times when I go over cold approaching. It was a fucking bitch. Always putting myself on the line. Always getting rejected. Being an emotional wreck and then it all got easier.

I missed that challenge, but recently found a new one.

Before, I had wanted to do sales. I worked for a smaller organization selling printers and things got sold. However, for shit money and terrible training I decided it wasn't worth it.

Yet, now as I see myself getting older and before not going to a worthwhile place in business, I decided to make it in sales. Anything can be learned so I am devoting the next month or two to making sales calls and closing deals.

It will all be remote since I am in South East Asia and I would prefer to not do in person meetings and wearing a suit. My goal is to hit 1,000 cold calls. This will require me to constantly put myself on the line, which I have found a similar challenge to that of approaching girls. It's been three days so far and I have 30/1000. I will keep growing in this and then move on to sell bigger more important things.

This is the way I'm growing. For those who are approaching girls, it's the same. You feel that uncomfortableness, you get through it and you get skilled at it.

What I also recently learned is that masculine energy has form in self-expression. This has great root in why I had been depressed the past month and in a great rut of my own. This as a means of outward expression should mean a lot for me.

Originally posted by Supernova View Post
    We all will.

Remembering the times when I go over cold approaching. It was a fucking bitch. Always putting myself on the line. Always getting rejected. Being an emotional wreck and then it all got easier.

Before, I had wanted to do sales. I worked for a smaller organization selling printers and things got sold. However, for shit money and terrible training I decided it wasn't worth it.

Yet, now as I see myself getting older and before not going to a worthwhile place in business, I decided to make it in sales. Anything can be learned so I am devoting the next month or two to making sales calls and closing deals.

It will all be remote since I am in South East Asia and I would prefer to not do in person meetings and wearing a suit. My goal is to hit 1,000 cold calls. This will require me to constantly put myself on the line, which I have found a similar challenge to that of approaching girls. It's been three days so far and I have 30/1000. I will keep growing in this and then move on to sell bigger more important things.

This is the way I'm growing. For those who are approaching girls, it's the same. You feel that uncomfortableness, you get through it and you get skilled at it.

What I also recently learned is that masculine energy has form in self-expression. This has great root in why I had been depressed the past month and in a great rut of my own. This as a means of outward expression should mean a lot for me.
    in 3 days 30 phone calls is pretty bad..... 1 day minimum 100 calls, i used to do 400.... also get a dialer.... that is 10 calls a day i do 10 calls in 10 minutes....

Comment

We all will.

How did you get over it? My feelings with cold approach literally change with the seasons. Second year running I've had a long winter drought and seriously questioning myself at this very moment in time. Past two Spring's, I thought I reached a new level, cracked some fucking code. Nope, turns out summer is coming and women are just more on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skills360 View Post

in 3 days 30 phone calls is pretty bad..... 1 day minimum 100 calls, i used to do 400.... also get a dialer.... that is 10 calls a day i do 10 calls in 10 minutes....
        Haha thanks dick. I'm just getting started :P But 10 calls in 10 minutes sound like something to aspire to.

Anyway, it was 2 the first day (that shit sucked). Then, 12 the next day. The third day it was 16. But I would attribute it to not having enough of a list scouted and checked out.

How did you get over it? My feelings with cold approach literally change with the seasons. Second year running I've had a long winter drought and seriously questioning myself at this very moment in time. Past two Spring's, I thought I reached a new level, cracked some fucking code. Nope, turns out summer is coming and women are just more on it.
        Cold approach for me was just about doing it over and over again. I gained enough reference experiences to push through that uncomfortable feeling. Now, I don't do as much cold approaches as I used to as much as other posters do here, so what happens for me is that I get a more intense form of AA whenever I do approach a girl compared to times when I was actively everyday approaching many girls. I can deal with this as long as I really congruently want the girl.

A trick I used for cold calling that got me over a large amount of the anxiety and might work for AA is the NLP pattern the Swish. Essentially, you program your mind to automatically re-associate fear and negative feelings with going to a positive great feeling. It is reprogramming your mind and it works great for sales calls, but I haven't tried it with AA and girls.

Comment

Haha thanks dick. I'm just getting started :P But 10 calls in 10 minutes sound like something to aspire to.

Anyway, it was 2 the first day (that shit sucked). Then, 12 the next day. The third day it was 16. But I would attribute it to not having enough of a list scouted and checked out.

you need to get a targeted list and a dialer(predictive or power dialer), a script with all the possible objections etc... I make my phone calls from my house on Saturdays for my side biz... I found an android app that does power call from my cell phone(cheap bastard i am), the more numbers the better: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erdialer&hl=en

^you do have to put the list in the right format in excel...

here is a real dialer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QpOzMHqxms

here is a sample more or less of what i do:

Watch boiler room, the wolf of wall street and Glenn Gary Glenn rose to get a feel of phone sales...

About cold approach and calling you just need to do it couple of times and it will go away

Comment

Originally posted by Skills360 View Post

you need to get a targeted list and a dialer(predictive or power dialer), a script with all the possible objections etc... I make my phone calls from my house on Saturdays for my side biz... I found an android app that does power call from my cell phone(cheap bastard i am), the more numbers the better: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erdialer&hl=en

^you do have to put the list in the right format in excel...

here is a real dialer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QpOzMHqxms

here is a sample more or less of what i do:

Watch boiler room, the wolf of wall street and Glenn Gary Glenn rose to get a feel of phone sales...

About cold approach and calling you just need to do it couple of times and it will go away
            Super helpful, thanks!

Comment

• Skills360

Skills360

commented
              Editing a comment
              supernova headpohones help (i use a headphone with my cell phone, is cheap).... Also if you do not get small successes and everybody keeps rejecting you..
          Working...
          X