Protection against influence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection against influence

Hello, a Theme that's in NY mind lately is my own influenceability. To be honest I'm very easy to influence. For example, In my youth I was buying into pu by poor internet marketing. I tried weed because it was glorified by rappers.

Meanwhile I'm conditioned by the social conditionings of pu, society, social circle and my own past.

I found out, as an advice seeker you are easy to influence. Seeking advice about women for example. I bet you can teach people utter bullshit with the claim that it gives them women and several people believe it.

One thing I observed in my mind, that certain thoughts are rooted in verbals I was listening to in conversations with people. Thoughts I use as reference to act.

What do you guys think about this?

Well if you are seeking out advice it's probably a good thing to be able to be influenced by others, since that is what you're trying to do, right? But I guess you're referring to being influenced in certain directions that aren't working out well for you. Three keys here that come to mind:

- figure out what you think you want.
    - think about how you can judge whether something helped you before asking for help. If you have certain criteria to judge a possible solution, that should reduce the risk of bad influence a lot.
    - never let any advice/opinion be the last one you accept. I wouldn't say there are "wrong" opinions per se, but accepting any single one as absolute is something you should never allow yourself to do.

I've recently finished a book by Brian Tracy where he says something like "You're always working on goals. If you don't have any yourself, you'll be working on someone else's", which to me sounded like a brilliant thought. So your main protection against being influenced by others in ways you do not want is to figure out what you do want, and then stick to working on that. If you don't, everyone else will easily use you for their own benefit and at the expense of yours.

Jester

Comment

Yeah, you dont want other people in your head who don't seriously earn a place there

Everyone has an opinion, but only those who put in effort get outside of that black and white box of nonsense
      So best to assume all youve been told is too black and white and said in order to gain validation or secure ego, and laugh at it and dismiss it

No one deserves control of another human being, especially not from some cheap mention of a thought or two
      So I'd drop that bad habit and pick up a better one

Its like the MW complex
      Black and white thinking
      And you want to expand your horizons not shutter them in cuz someone gave you a pat on the back

btw always question other peoples fluff talk, and rants
      fluff talk and rants are pretty much never accurate
      most con guys sell fluff and rant about its effectiveness

Comment

Originally posted by thecostofsuccess View Post
        Yeah, you dont want other people in your head who don't seriously earn a place there

Everyone has an opinion, but only those who put in effort get outside of that black and white box of nonsense
        So best to assume all youve been told is too black and white and said in order to gain validation or secure ego, and laugh at it and dismiss it

No one deserves control of another human being, especially not from some cheap mention of a thought or two
        So I'd drop that bad habit and pick up a better one

Its like the MW complex
        Black and white thinking
        And you want to expand your horizons not shutter them in cuz someone gave you a pat on the back

btw always question other peoples fluff talk, and rants
        fluff talk and rants are pretty much never accurate
        most con guys sell fluff and rant about its effectiveness
        +1

Comment

Ive become extremely wary of 'hype', and cases where all 'reviews' are positive. If I can find some negative/opposing reviews, and their concerns carry little weight with me, THEN I start to really believe, and buy into something.

I think YT is what influences me the most right now. PU has taught me to very easily spot an 'agenda' when someone is talking, so when I find someone who is honest/straight, I tend to trust most of what they are saying.. (Im currently studying a bit of finance on there, and the layers of BS are super thick unless you select sources carefully. If others are interested in invest/finance and want to compare notes, feel free to pm me!)

Comment

It was just because I was watching IT-Crowd an there was a conversation:

A: It-Nerds are easily to influence
            Nerd: No that's not true
            A: shure it is.
            Nerd: I see, you are right

Comment

Working...
            X