Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laziness (sticking point)

anyone know how to overcome lazyness?

I want to wake up. Do my work. Take cold showers.Do my approaches. Not procrastinate on social media. Not stay up too late etc.

But I often self-sabotage. I still stay disciplined in some things but not at the level that I want.

Some theories is that I have a bit of adrenal fatigue so perhaps taking a day off. There were periods were I was literally a mission for years so perhaps burn out? Lazyness has been a thing for me since around late 2015.

Just do it ASAP?

Super obvious no....??

​​​Lol

Comment

the book "the 5 second rule" helped me a lot with this...

Comment

I've noticed that it helps to pat that inner child which is complaining "Noooo!" on the back and say "Yes I see you but we're still going to do this". If you do this right, your inner child will turn from fearful/overexpended to curious and will give no more resistance after that. Treat it as a part of you that wants to be acknowledged and it's a good thing if you do, but it's a child and children shouldn't act as the masters of adults, so you have to watch out they don't order you around.

Just ignoring the child part that doesn't want to do stuff and be lazy works as well, but acknowledging that inner child (at least for me) is more sustainable. On the outside the results are similar, but on the inside you are less torn and experience less infighting in the long run.

Jester

Comment

I seem to follow through a lot better when structured as actively doable drill.
          -Bad example: "Do not eat between Sunday 8pm and Tuesday 4pm."
          -Good example: "When hunger first comes on Monday, try to kill it with a glass of water, next time it comes drink a de-caf, next 1 tbsp cocoa powder in water, rinse and repeat."

Comment

I did check the book that Skills360 recommended. The method is really simple and super helpfull for it.

Comment

Originally posted by kijjjji View Post
              I seem to follow through a lot better when structured as actively doable drill.
              -Bad example: "Do not eat between Sunday 8pm and Tuesday 4pm."
              -Good example: "When hunger first comes on Monday, try to kill it with a glass of water, next time it comes drink a de-caf, next 1 tbsp cocoa powder in water, rinse and repeat."
              Have you tried to apply this advice to yourself in order to get in-field instead of posting KJ?

Comment

Hey Jack!

Do you have any larger vision for yourself? Any projects you are working on, preferably ones where you are contributing to other people or a community (in addition to posting here of course)?

Comment

Originally posted by Bexx View Post
                  I did check the book that Skills360 recommended. The method is really simple and super helpfull for it.
                  yes that book help me, have to be revisited/re-read every so often Also jack the book by robert green/50 cents also does help me get out of "COMFORT/COMPLACENCY" and totally get you into hustling mood, the book somehow also remind me of poster pure evil (pure evil hustles a lot), her is for free:

Comment

I tell my body to do things then engage my mind afterwards, rather than convince myself first then sluggishly act
                    I call it "following my feet", u move your feet and start preparing to do work, then you'll have good enough momentum to more casually do the thing you are wanting to do

I do this with girls btw, move my feet then wind up in a convo etc

For prevention I do what ij suggested, I set up alternative actions I must TRY before giving into an urge
                    Like, I'm dieting right now, so, I am now buying fish to reduce calorie intake, that is an action that reduces the ability to gorge on meat
                    I buy bigger salads, in order to force eating time to be extended,
                    Then when I'm eager to eat more, I ask myself "hey do I need it though or wont it be better if I let it go a little longer"
                    Then when I know I must capitulate to some degree I actively think of the better way to capitulate like buy a bushel of apples
                    Then I munch on fn apples

Its irritating, but cuz I'm trying stuff, the mind sort of counts it as an effort, and can overlook an urge a bit better

Comment

Working...
                    X