Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you evaluate pickup advice? How do you evaluate the instructor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you evaluate pickup advice? How do you evaluate the instructor?

Alright I'm not meaning to attack anyone here ... not my intention.

I just have to say ... as an example. In terms of practical advice, I found some of the articles at girlschase by Chase Amante to be extremely valuable in terms of conceptualizing the conversations and best practices of a First Date/ Day 2. I found intellectually and in practice, his advice to be rock solid. For me.

But now I've seen a few videos of him. One that's probably fairly recent is here:

https://www.girlschase.com/minicours...ing-sociometer

And uh ... maybe I can't tell what he's genuinely like in field or how he interacts with women, because ... holy shit I have to say, that entire video is social cringe. I don't think I can reconcile the man I see on video with his dating advice (which seems accurate). Maybe I'm taking crazy pills here.

And of course, every pickup guru now has "paid actresses" who look good (of course, they're paid) hanging out in their videos with full makeup on, implying that they just banged or something.

Yeesh. It seems like none of these instructors have any cred unless you meet them in person and personally know how they pull women and the quality ...

Originally posted by Bigslick2 View Post

I just have to say ... as an example. In terms of practical advice, I found some of the articles at girlschase by Chase Amante to be extremely valuable in terms of conceptualizing the conversations and best practices of a First Date/ Day 2. I found intellectually and in practice, his advice to be rock solid. For me.

But now I've seen a few videos of him. One that's probably fairly recent is here:

And uh ... maybe I can't tell what he's genuinely like in field or how he interacts with women, because ... holy shit I have to say, that entire video is social cringe. I don't think I can reconcile the man I see on video with his dating advice (which seems accurate). Maybe I'm taking crazy pills here.

And of course, every pickup guru now has "paid actresses" who look good (of course, they're paid) hanging out in their videos with full makeup on, implying that they just banged or something.

Yeesh. It seems like none of these instructors have any cred unless you meet them in person and personally know how they pull women and the quality ...
    Haha, its hard to get a "dub" to work right with video, I think the microphone of that quieter/nervous guy is mismatched
    But I see your point
    I think audacity is really shitty as a program? I cant get it to work right either, always sounds weird.

And of course its scripted, so thats why its a bit unnatural, especially for the guy thats never done it before

I'd not take any of your cringe in this instance too seriously
    I'd just have a good laugh, brush it off, and put it in your headphones to listen to

TBH this is about "production" vs "content"
    I say go for stuff with good content as your priority

Comment

Originally posted by Bigslick2 View Post

simple:

1.- listen to what he has to say

2.- then you field test it....

repeat 1 and 2 , and see if it works for you or not...
      Sexting, my unique natural game, aggressive dance floor seductions, 15-20 minutes hook ups in clubs. Learn the proper way to maximize your results in a club type environment, check out my blog and youtube clubbing channel:

www.dancefloorseduction.com

Comment

Ive been accused of lacking 'cred', so Im rather curious!!!!!!!!!!!
        Please explain to me why there is a need for 'cred', when advice has already proven its own worth!!!!

Comment

The Jerome guy was cringe, but Chase comes across like a cool guy, solid body language, vibe, voice tone. What am I missing?

Comment

Chase doesnt look like a guy who can sarge in the hollywood hot spots and his delivery is boring , when it comes to advice I would see the guy giving you advice in field first ,the kind of girls hes getting , and thats how you can tell,for online , I would look for the guy giving advice that someone has seen in field!

Comment

I think nobody should take anybody's word as a gospel. When I give people advice last thing I want is for them to take that advice in because It comes from me.

What I want for them is to take that advice in, because it makes sense. You have found his useful? That is great! You can't reasonably expect anyone to hand you all missing pieces of the puzzle, because what works for them, may not work for as well for you and conversely, You may get stellar results with things where someone else failed.

Now, if you are looking for a mentor when learning a skill, you want these four things:

1) Someone who is better than you
              2) Someone who has started from a worse position than where you are at
              3) Someone with similar background and past experiences.
              4) Someone who invests time to teach you something.

Anything else is sales and marketing.

Now, sales and marketing are NOT necessarily bad. Not even the best product will sell if people don't know about it.
              Just because something is marketed it doesn't mean it is a poor product not worthy of the money, Just like because you are a seducer, it doesn't mean you are a shit person, not worthy of love and attention.

The reason why the video looks so bad is because of the very low production value. It is very easy for this to look shitty, when you compare it even to small youtubers who make no money and have $5,000 of video equipment, because they think that is what it takes.

There is very poor lighting, audio synch problems, incredibly boring background, the host has got an ill fitting shirt with SHORT sleeves (bleh! Side note: Short sleeves don't look good on anyone. You are much better off wearing long sleeve shirt and roll up the sleeves, just like chase did), Chase is wearing a dark shirt with a pair of light wash jeans which doesn't look good on camera (and which I would not recommend off camera either)
              So, basically this video has glaring problems with the presentation.

There is a reason why many the RSD videos are filmed on the rooftops and in busy public places and not in conference rooms. It just looks waay better on camera.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Just to point out, I don't really know any of chase's advice or teaching so I can't really comment on that.

Comment

A person who is not just years ahead in terms of experience. Some "experienced" dudes cannot teach quality stuff.

Comment

Some instructors have zero physical game (meaning, bad looks and so-so posture) but their crack works.

For moving sets day game I would take a look at Tom Torero. There's an anti-Torero fan team in the FB chat, but his canned material and text game has gotten me laid.

For stationary sets Gunwitch seems to be better, his whole let her notice you "first" advice and the three keys.

I've also heard that for night club game Max from RSD is solid, though I don't like the overall RSD philosophy.

Without meaning to diss the site, which has interesting and theoretically useful advice, nothing I've ever read on GirlsChase has gotten me laid.
                  In pussy we trust

Comment

Most of the things I do, in regards to life and of course seduction as well, are based off intuition.

So when it comes to evaluating pickup advice, I generally go with what my intuition tells me. If my intuition tells me it's great and worth field testing, then I'll do it. Now, intuition can be a vague concept so here's an example of what I mean, sort of like my personal criteria for advice worth field testing.

Let's say I read a practical post, and in this post I find myself discovering a new, better and more effective way of doing things, or a solution to a pesky sticking point, or even simply a detailed breakdown of something I already sort of knew about. (Special bonus if it's a great breakdown of a pretty complex concept.)

Then to me this advice is excellent, or you know. . . solid, at the very least. And I'll most likely be field-testing it myself, as soon as possible.

In regards to cred, this is an important aspect as well. Simply because some guys attach too much ego to all this, and will do some pretty shady things just to ensure they get praise, validation or admiration from forum-peers, noobs and dudes learning this sport, etc.

Things like regurgitating solid advice that read somewhere but haven't actually field-tested, hiring fake actresses for infield videos, or going contrarian and attempting to tear down other posters, methods and advice that again, they haven't field tested personally or thoroughly. Just to get a few undeserved props.

This is why it's important to know if someone who's giving you advice or whatever, has been verified by other members as someone with game.
                    “You know I cant hear none of that spend the night shit... that kumbaya shit”

Comment

if you base advice off how well it will work right away then youre selling yourself short ,im now seeing good results from the bootcamp with colgate (pulled an 8 plus australian last week (same night lay) ) and last night i had some things click after 16 sets ..you gotta grind sometimes ..pay MOST ATTENTION to the the kinda girls the guy gets and what his former students are getting(mystery is king)

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                        In regards to cred, this is an important aspect as well. Simply because some guys attach too much ego to all this, and will do some pretty shady things just to ensure they get praise, validation or admiration from forum-peers, noobs and dudes learning this sport, etc.

Things like regurgitating solid advice that read somewhere but haven't actually field-tested, hiring fake actresses for infield videos, or going contrarian and attempting to tear down other posters, methods and advice that again, they haven't field tested personally or thoroughly. Just to get a few undeserved props.

This is why it's important to know if someone who's giving you advice or whatever, has been verified by other members as someone with game.
                        This is a very real thing. Some posters on this forum (won't name names) seem to fit clearly into this bracket.

Originally posted by Grodmeister General View Post
                        (mystery is king)
                        Mystery visited my hometown and spoke at a PUA conference.

Let me preface this by saying I still think The Mystery Method is perhaps the bible of seduction.

But one of the guys who was there (at the conference) told me Mystery gave off a wierdo vibe. He said all he talked about was game, and that he didn't seem relaxed.

Possibly the pitfalls of a life dedicated exclusively to the pursuit of tail and nothing else.
                        In pussy we trust

Comment

• Grodmeister General
                          Editing a comment
                          Colgate who was his wing for 10 years beams about Mystery, I am a product of mysterys teachings and JD has met me (he can tell you my vibe) but regardless that has zero to do with whether or not ,mysterys shit works or not(hint hint it does)

• Bismarck

Bismarck

commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah I meant that this acquaintance of mine went out at night with Mystery after the conference and he said all he talked about was game, like an approach robot wierdo. Couldn't have a normal conversation about anything else.

Not insinuating he isn't good at it or that he hasn't fucked hot girls or that his stuff doesn't work.

Personally, I have had plenty of times where I was just stuck in 'PU-robot' mode, continuing to do something because x person said so, WITHOUT gauging girl's reaction or response...

The GREATEST improvement I've had was coming up with my own little lines ...because then it feels like I am the 'authority' on those

(and I dont mean I sit and write down clever shit to say. I get out, talk to chicks, and try to improvise. Good lines stick because you will REMEMBER the good reactions!!)

Comment

taking advice that works right a way is bad advice ,you gotta grind til you get it ...simple .......i used to get insta shot down from 10s 11s (club queens who know they are the shit) past saturday I was locked in with 2 sets , one of them a mixed set with a big ass black dude in it! (however new obstacles come up (gotta neg more than once) ...you gotta grind til you get it .!!!! if you can grasp a piece of advice right away , than you are probably didnt really acquired a skill!

Comment

Originally posted by ijjjji View Post
                          Ive been accused of lacking 'cred', so Im rather curious!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Please explain to me why there is a need for 'cred', when advice has already proven its own worth!!!!
                          Really I typically don't care -- but with all the marketing/ sales bullshit out there (and proven staged in-field videos) -- sometimes you don't know if you're getting advice or a Creative Fiction course. And let's be honest, in 99% of cases you will not meet a random online poster in person!

Now, you're right --- if the advice works, who cares who is giving it. That's true. Nevertheless --- unlike Professional Basketball -- I'm not sure in pickup, a great Coach would himself suck at "Playing" if he was truly a master at social interaction with women. But perhaps.

Sometimes if I'm adrift every so often here, I want to turn to someone rock solid who is routinely successful. But maybe no man, even successful ones, truly understand the pickup process or everything about women. Unless they really went from zero to hero.

Maybe I was a bit too harsh on the Chase video. Yes, it's scripted. No, it's not supposed to be in-field. It has low production value. He's in intellectual "explain" mode instead of vibing.

In pickup though -- half the game is about social impressions and I just get the vibe "reformed nerd" (no offense Chase) -- maybe a woman sees differently.

But who knows; I'm no Don Juan. Yes his Day 2 advice was very valuable --- but was that lucky? Does he slam models constantly or are they 10 pounds overweight? I know, I shouldn't care. These are my honest thoughts.

Comment

• Grodmeister General
                            Editing a comment
                            yes you should wanna know the kinda women hes getting ..thats important...i dont think you should get coached for average girls!
                        Working...
                        X