This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Revive this dying forum?

This forum has hardly any users. How can we get some more posters here? I am afraid that we may no longer have a forum soon due to lack of activity.

Only influx of beginners can make it happen.
    (Old guys are too familiar with all the topics, to bother starting/joining new threads about them.)

So why are young males no longer flocking to forums anywhere?
    If I were to guess, it may have to do with social media and youtube taking up all free time.

Comment

Originally posted by ijjjji View Post
      Only influx of beginners can make it happen.
      (Old guys are too familiar with all the topics, to bother starting/joining new threads about them.)

So why are young males no longer flocking to forums anywhere?
      If I were to guess, it may have to do with social media and youtube taking up all free time.
      I think the older posters could start reposting old posts which they think were important for their growth as PUA's. I think there needs to be content here to bring them back here. It is in the archives though. I remember old masf and how they would always say DAFS. But in this case I think we need to start encouraging discussion.

Maybe social media has something to do with it. But Reddit Seduction has a lot of posters. I think people here would complain it's K.J. but at least it's a active forum that is in the field learning.

Comment

Some forums are still fairly busy to be honest. RSD and rooshvforums seem very active every day. And yeah, seduction on reddit (seddit) is very busy.
        I'm not sure whether it's the attitude of some posters here that put others off, or whether it's maybe something to do with there being no consensus on the subject at hand on this forum, compared to say, RSD forum where basically everyone follows and agrees on the same 'model'? (the RSD model. Self amuse. State transference. What you say doesn't matter etc)
        I guess it results in less arguments?
        Similarly with rooshV forum? Maybe basically evryone agrees with his style of game, pretty much
        On this forum, i notice lots of arguments and 'i'm right, you're wrong. My method of seduction is right yours isn't'. Everyone has a different guru.
        I guess it's also partly luck and the 'coolness' of the people who bother to register! I used to belong to many stock trading forums. Some of them were consistently super active, and some of them just dwindled away, even though they were all very similar in every way, really! The one that dwindled away had less 'good posters' I guess.

Saying that, I would say that i've noticed a bit of a change in ALL PUA forums in my 2 years from reading various ones. Main difference being a loss of faith in 'game' in general. Not in it's existence, but in it's potency.

It's been kind of fascinating to watch, to be honest. ON rooshV forums, when I joined, people were being banned for basically hinting that looks mattered somewhat and that game as about banging 'yes girls' (as 'no girls' can't be seduced. She's just not into you) But NOW, even the mods seem to often post in this fashion and talk about the importance of looks, as well as an emphasis on sugartdaddy 'game' and online dating and stuff. it's all changed so quickly!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting! Reddit and rsd seemed like shitpost gallore last I checked. Rooshv occasionally has superb threads imo.

By not calling it dying. If the posters who do post here read it, they most likely will also feel less enthousiastic.

fake it until you make it style. "How to make this forum liven up more" might be a good title.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

Comment

Why not repost some of the great posts from the old MASf archive?. Also I think a better search function would help plus have an archive for each of the best posters on here.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Never do that!
            Put site:nextasf.com inside google search.

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          By not calling it dying. If the posters who do post here read it, they most likely will also feel less enthousiastic.

fake it until you make it style. "How to make this forum liven up more" might be a good title.
          I didn't mean to be negative about it. A positive attitude always helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkA View Post
            Why not repost some of the great posts from the old MASf archive?. Also I think a better search function would help plus have an archive for each of the best posters on here.
            Yeah that would be great. Any volunteers that are pretty familiar with the content? I have some content that I'm familiar with that I can repost.

Comment

Originally posted by Subterfuge View Post
              Some forums are still fairly busy to be honest. RSD and rooshvforums seem very active every day. And yeah, seduction on reddit (seddit) is very busy.
              I'm not sure whether it's the attitude of some posters here that put others off, or whether it's maybe something to do with there being no consensus on the subject at hand on this forum, compared to say, RSD forum where basically everyone follows and agrees on the same 'model'? (the RSD model. Self amuse. State transference. What you say doesn't matter etc)
              I guess it results in less arguments?
              Similarly with rooshV forum? Maybe basically evryone agrees with his style of game, pretty much
              On this forum, i notice lots of arguments and 'i'm right, you're wrong. My method of seduction is right yours isn't'. Everyone has a different guru.
              I guess it's also partly luck and the 'coolness' of the people who bother to register! I used to belong to many stock trading forums. Some of them were consistently super active, and some of them just dwindled away, even though they were all very similar in every way, really! The one that dwindled away had less 'good posters' I guess.

Saying that, I would say that i've noticed a bit of a change in ALL PUA forums in my 2 years from reading various ones. Main difference being a loss of faith in 'game' in general. Not in it's existence, but in it's potency.

It's been kind of fascinating to watch, to be honest. ON rooshV forums, when I joined, people were being banned for basically hinting that looks mattered somewhat and that game as about banging 'yes girls' (as 'no girls' can't be seduced. She's just not into you) But NOW, even the mods seem to often post in this fashion and talk about the importance of looks, as well as an emphasis on sugartdaddy 'game' and online dating and stuff. it's all changed so quickly!
              That's a good point about not following the same guru's and a loss of faith in game versus screening and looks based game. The way that I see it a screener can turn into a gamer any time. Especially if both models are allowed on the forum. I for one am more interested in game theory now that I've had some experience. When when I was a noob it was way to difficult. I see beginners taking to screening game and intermediates taking to game theory more. Bacchus stated he was a screener once.
              I am interested in both. Mainly because I followed this forum and both have helped my game.

Comment

The forum dying was not "just happened" it was design to happen by certain posters (years in the making)..... That is all i am going to say...

P.s. What is bizarro is that both posters that were going against each other and both destroyed the forum, ended up both doing their own forums, again that is all i am going to say...

Comment

Originally posted by Skills360 View Post
                  The forum dying was not "just happened" it was design to happen by certain posters (years in the making)..... That is all i am going to say...

P.s. What is bizarro is that both posters that were going against each other and both destroyed the forum, ended up both doing their own forums, again that is all i am going to say...
                  I wondered if some of these posters were trying to do it because they secretly wanted it to die because they wanted to market there own forum. I'm guessing that is why they wanted it to die.
                  Last edited by TheHustler; 01-05-2019, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• glow

glow

commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i feel most guys within the scene and who have been on sedfast are trying HARD to shape good resources and have been contributing long term on so many levels while running other things too. And they realise that there are synergies between a place like sedfast and their doing which is the nature of things online. One doesnt mean the other dont sell. rather the opposite in the online context. A site like sedfast allows for a real community. paid sites for other forms eg skills oriented. each has a role and provides for something different.

What has happened is the culture of discussion which is annoying once youre a capable PU guy. and they have been open about that. I can understand why they got tired.

I welcome your fresh perspective but be wary with making conclusions about people without having seen the total picture. No biggie - just wanted to point it out.

This forum has a great selection of archived posts that could answer just about any question one might have about women or relationships. I also consider this place to be the spiritual successor to the masf forum and I would put our best guys up against any pua in the world. The "gurus" here are some of the most helpful and chill posters the community has ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by tekneexx View Post
                    This forum has a great selection of archived posts that could answer just about any question one might have about women or relationships. I also consider this place to be the spiritual successor to the masf forum and I would put our best guys up against any pua in the world. The "gurus" here are some of the most helpful and chill posters the community has ever seen.
                    Yeah I just think we need some new beginners posters to add discussion to this place as there is barely none now. Sooner or later the only posters here are gonna get tired of it. I for one am bored. And there will be no one.

There is only up to 8 active posters here a day.

Comment

I just looked and in the last 3 months, we have had 107 new members sign up. Only 4 of them have made any posts, one did 1, and the other three did between 9 and 22 posts. We need rookies to ask questions in order to stimulate conversations. There are a lot of experienced guys who are hanging on, but if they post anything substantial, it usually leads to others contradicting them, which does not motivate people to post anything useful. The site gets a lot of traffic, currently we have 8 members and 451 guests who have accessed the site in the last 15 minutes, and 36 members have checked the site in the last 24 hours.

I tried discussing changes, including separate sections for adherents of the various schools, and allowing them to have their own moderators, and got told I was trying to segregate them in a ghetto, and caught a lot of crap about things that happened years ago, and had been changed or stopped years ago. I have tried to stop the trolling. I have ended banning people unless they are trolls or spammers, and only intervene to keep the peace and promote civility. I also said that anyone who was banned for anything other than blatant trolling or spamming is welcome back, no questions asked.

This is still the one forum that isn't trying to sell any one method or is a front for a for profit PUA training outfit, and all schools are welcome to promote their style of PU. We have a large unseen audience. We allow you to self promote via reasonable links to your own sites if you monetize your knowledge.

I am waiting for BD's business things to get cleared up so we can address new software, but I don't think the software is the primary issue. It affects my ability to manage and improve this site more than it affects the ability of people to post here. I have been busy, and not paying the closest possible attention to this place, because of family turmoil and the holidays eating a lot of my time, but I still care, still approve new members every day, and check the place several times a day.

I think this place has a lot of potential. I'm open to ideas to reach that potential.

Any thoughts?

The older the violin, the sweeter the music. Augustus McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertree View Post
                        The site gets a lot of traffic, currently we have 8 members and 451 guests who have accessed the site in the last 15 minutes
                        How about restricting guest access more. Maybe guests should only be able to see thread titles in some of the channels. This could work as a teaser.

Comment

• glow

glow

commented
                          Editing a comment
                          some thoughts:
                          Every effort needed will bounce a certain number of members - registration for this type of content i would imagine a lot
                          Also the site will loose seo value = less traffic of the active search type which is the best of the sort.
                          Also Fyi its a huge design effort to do this

So i think the question is with the above losses if the ones doing the registration will lead to anything beyond the registration aka increased active members. if we follow the idea this initial tease for signup cannot stand alone imo as the signup doesnt provide value in itself. Nor is what were looking for. Were looking for participation and posting from PU-active people as i see it. but thats just a quick thought.

i think a more enticing membership promotion would be better usage of the design effort (An idea discussed earlier).
                      Working...
                      X