This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skills360 View Post
    The forum dying was not "just happened" it was design to happen by certain posters (years in the making)..... That is all i am going to say...

P.s. What is bizarro is that both posters that were going against each other and both destroyed the forum, ended up both doing their own forums, again that is all i am going to say...
    I am getting a lit of bit of push back for this comment, this is MY OPINION based on my observations and long time being member of the forum, it may not be factual but this is how i see it, of course left out IMPULSE who make the forum jump the shark....

^ in no way i am trying to be negative or poisonous.... It is just my view, and personal opinion and please do not take this as factual.... sorry if i offended anybody... .

Comment

Is there someway we could drive more traffic to the forum? Free marketing like facebook or twitter or something?

Comment

We get a ton of traffic. There are always hundreds of lurkers reading the old stuff. What we do not have is a lot of new posts.

I feel that part of it is that the age of new discoveries in the PUA world is at least a decade, if not two, behind us. Little innovation is happening, we are just teaching what our founders created. That leaves less for experienced guys to discuss.

I have been unable to think of any way to get rookies to start asking questions. I feel that is the key to resuscitating this place. Getting guys going on the journey, posting about the trip, and growing into PUAs, and writing about it.
        The older the violin, the sweeter the music. Augustus McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertree View Post
          I have been unable to think of any way to get rookies to start asking questions. I feel that is the key to resuscitating this place. Getting guys going on the journey, posting about the trip, and growing into PUAs, and writing about it.
          How to get guys going on the journey? Give them a map.

We could have a small number of posts in the Rookie section that stay on top of the Channel (»stickies«). These posts could cover beginners subjects and introduce important terms, concepts and ways of thinking. We could also have rookie missions, like in the old forum. The Rookie Channel would be more structured and enable beginners to get better quickly.

Comment

we get more activity if we post, stuff for infield no weird ass theory crap (ijjji,cost of success and glow) are guilty ,and if we all posted more field reports , there should be more field reports than any other type of post , but those posts are the least type of posts being posted , this place gets unappealing cuz it's a theory forum not an action one and I'm looking at top guys too, field reports or journalizing .

Comment

Originally posted by Grodmeister General View Post
              we get more activity if we post, stuff for infield no weird ass theory crap (ijjji,cost of success and glow) are guilty ,and if we all posted more field reports , there should be more field reports than any other type of post , but those posts are the least type of posts being posted , this place gets unappealing cuz it's a theory forum not an action one and I'm looking at top guys too, field reports or journalizing .
              Your intention and your heart is right, but you unfairly name drop the wrong dudes, do you know that glow is one of the most consistent dudes journalizing in the forum with about 5 journals... And he is probably one of the most active dudes in the field meeting other guys in the forum???

A lot of you don't know cosy (cost of success) story due to his unusual writing style, please read the FACTUAL biography of cosy (cost of success)

I don't understand if you or anybody else do not like a "theory" or ________ type post, just go to another post......

I already stated the real problem with the forum.... Started by the owner of the forum years ago (i don't think you were even around)

That cause a chain of events leading to unmoderation which cause another chain of events leading to impulse which cause another chain of events that lead to massive exiting this place and alterantive forums, groups....

also lets not forget there was also a sofware malware attack....

^ Please lets no overreach on Causation/correlation....

and lets not hang unfairly some of the best posters we have due to not fitting certain philosophy, writing style, game style.

Comment

• Grodmeister General
                Editing a comment
                bruh all 3 of those posters i mention write in heiroglyphics, I practice the most complex g ame outta anyone here and can simplify my message. That shit is annoying a dude shouldnt be trying to decipher a message and learn to get girls at the same time!

• glow

glow

commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Skills, Appreciated.

Forget this guy - he is clueless

• Grodmeister General
                Editing a comment
                glow lame ass didnt you recently posted some sex report about a 7 ,,,, all that theory and hanging around so called world class puas and thats the pinnacle of your results ,hmmmm if Colgate were banging 7s at a so called above intermediate level i would asked for my money back!

test

Last night I was having problems posting, and the forum was non functional intermittently. Did anyone else experience this? It was about 2 am US Central time, 0800 UTC.
              Last edited by Silvertree; 1 week ago.

Comment

We get a ton of traffic. There are always hundreds of lurkers reading the old stuff. What we do not have is a lot of new posts.

I feel that part of it is that the age of new discoveries in the PUA world is at least a decade, if not two, behind us. Little innovation is happening, we are just teaching what our founders created. That leaves less for experienced guys to discuss.

OK thanks for responding. I didn't know we had so much traffic. I thought that if there was we'd have more discussion.

Comment

I found this community 13 years ago, when it was known as Fast Seduction or masf, on the weekend Hurricane Katrina had crossed Florida and was reorganizing before turning North towards New Orleans. As best I can remember, ijjjji was already posting there, and was not being treated like a KJ or some clueless dimwit posting useless information. Back in those days, a lot of the old Gurus were still posting there, and none of them called him out for what he was posting. His stuff was considered good enough to have earned a spot on Bristol Lair, which was an archive of the best stuff from Fast Seduction. I checked Bristol Lair for the first time in a decade, it is still there, and although many who later monetized their knowledge have taking down their work, ijjjji's section is still there. It is still worth reading. I'm asking newer guys to please show a bit of respect for those who founded this community when they post here. Maybe we will entice more of the old guys back, if they don't see the ones who do post here getting trashed.

https://bristollair.com/pua-seduction-methods/ijjjji/

Back then there were many guys with tons of field experience posting about different styles of pickup. They somehow managed to get along and avoided the tar pit wherein, someone posts something useful from their method, only to have someone else answer, Style X sucks, Style Y is the only real game. Part of this was mutual respect for each other and the fact that people have differing views, and partly it was enforced by Formhandle, who was more aggressive than I in policing behavior. I feel that it is important for us to return to that social climate if this site is to be saved. The only people who can make that happen are the guys who post here. I implore everyone to work on this. A good starting point would be for people to avoid posters whom they dislike and rather than posting about how you dislike them, use that energy to make a useful post.

Comment

@Grodmeister General:
                    When I was a young man, I learned how to fly an airplane, ski downhill, and became a reasonably good photographer in an age when cameras did not have computers in them that focused the lens and exposed each shot perfectly. In all of these endeavors, I read books on theory, which helped me to understand what I was dealing with, and they sped up my departure from the clueless rookie zone.

Having experience with all four, I can report that women are far more complicated that airplanes, skis, or cameras. Reading a bit of theory can help guys understand how things work. If you dislike theory posts, don't read them, put your energy into posting field reports or other actionable material.

It takes a lot of different personalities to make a healthy community.

Comment

• Grodmeister General
                      Editing a comment
                      theory is not important ..when i did bootcamps 2 with colgate ..daygame with another coach from 3sr we did zero theory bullshit , kosmo (the winner from season 1 pickup artist) straight up skips theory too as does discovery ..that shit is unnneccessary to gettin decent with the ladies. Also I have been here since 2001 ,and ijjji was suspect back then (never met anyone from mysterys lounge) and even gunwitch was getting shit from toecutter and tommy w.

The theory crap (and that is what it is) turns this place into keyboard jockey discussion forums . A lot of this stuff that the 3 aformentioned guys post are theories based on no field work hence why they switch up so much or they put junk in their posts like I want to test this out etc...that stuff they typed up shoulda have ALREADY BEEN FIELD TESTED before they posted. I am in other forums mainly on facebook and you have way more discussion and guys active in their for a few reasons

1. They treat the forum as it should be , none of these diagrams and long convoluted posts about their thoughts on some theory , but actional advice and posts read like guys wanting to fine tune their game , like they ask how do I transition from opener to hook or how do I neg a 2nd time without being an asshole etc. Another thing is there is a lot less anonymity, we can see each other (facebook) so there is more respect and more importantly ,results are very transparent.

test

Last night I was having problems posting, and the forum was non functional intermittently. Did anyone else experience this? It was about 2 am US Central time, 0800 UTC.
                    when I logged in. I was logged into a tiny frame. I had to click the logo in the real website bust out of the frame so I could surf as usual.

Comment

• Silvertree

Silvertree

commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks. It is important that I know of technical problems. However, what we really need is new software.

A few thoughts:

- A while back (around last spring), I was thinking of breaking my ~10 years of daily habit of checking into this site because I got quite annoyed at certain posters running personal attacks against myself and certain others. There were some parts I could consider "feedback", even useful one, especially the part of me at times writing in a too complicated way, but another part just felt like personal attacks, or rather a cultural takeover attempt of this site. Which is why back then I decided I'd stop posting for a few months and then see whether this might change, and it seems now it has improved quite a lot.

- There'll probably always be a battle of people thinking their method A is the only feasable one trying to make another method B look bad. I can't tell about online forums, but in real life this usually happens when those looking down on method B aren't that sure of their method A and want to feel more sure they chose correctly by that behaviour. If someone is competent about himself and his decisions, he usually doesn't feel the need to put others who think differently down.

- There are different styles to get to an end goal, but there are also different end goals and learning styles, as this thread is showing as well. There are people who learn best by putting new information into practice and experimenting, others grow better by chewing on theoretical information. There are people who'll happily follow another one's path to greatness, others just have to carve out their own path for some reason (I'm of the latter group).

- After a certain point, meeting and taking home women isn't that much of a challenge anymore. It might not work all the time with any woman, but you'll get to a point where you feel comfortable enough in those situations. If we assume most of the older regular posters have reached that point more or less, where can they go from here? In my case, the obvious next step would be how to establish and uphold satisfying relationships (however the model). Having children. What would you tell a boy or a girl about this seduction stuff? I see man yposts about someone taking home a woman (or fucking up while trying to), but very few posts about relationships, which begs the question whether many of us do well in this field. Can you dare to actually love someone, and if yes, how do you combine it with the other stuff you apply?

- I'd be very interested in those life-experience posts, business advice and this stuff. I think it was Razorjack who posted something about his past of being a recording musician who later developed his own style and how it changed his life, it was very inspiring to me and I'd enjoy more of this kind of posts. I know this forum isn't mainly about this topic, but I don't want to join 15 forums for 15 different topics, I'd like to have one where people I respect and kind of trust share their experience to allow everyone to become better at whatever they wish to become better at. We already have some bodybuilding/nutrition topics, so why not expand a little further? For example I'd really be interested in having a kind of journal that's not about seduction per se but rather my business I'm trying to build atm, to get feedback from some of you guys who have been there. But so far I never tried because I thought it's probably too off-topic. Well, is it? Could we have (perhaps in another section if needed) the possibility of, say, a personal goal journal, where you could state your goal, your current situation, and get feedback/encouragement on the way? I would love that.

Jester

Comment

Facepalm!

The issue here was not the fact that people did not get along because of methodological differences! Which planet do you guys live on!

There are many people here who disagree on practical questions, take for example skills and me. We have agreed and disagreed many times - which oftentimes have led to amazing debates (which sadly very few joined). Things always got nasty when things that had nothing to do with actual pick up derailed conversations(when things turned into forum politics).

I think grodmeister is probably the only one who cathegorically believe MM is the best and only way. Yes that is one member. Some other members have called out his behaviour (or at least attempted to do so), but nobody has EVER said anything bad about him using Mystery Method (which frankly is not much practed here). Nobody has given grod shit for using mystery method.

Nobody has given Skills shit for doing dancefloor game, using physical escalation and using his sexual cocky/funny.

Well people have given me shit for using my sex talk though. That person is called ijjji. But beside him, nobody have given me shit for playing the way i do. Yes people have disagreed with me, including some of my closest friends. That is ok. You are all welcome to debate me, but you better have a few lays in your pocket, else all you will be saying will be mental masturbation (a clearly forgotten mASF term) and fairytales.

Razorjack has his method to. Has anyone confronted him?

Has anyone actually given anyone shit for using a different method? If you believe so, please show me! Even I who love verbals have never had an issue with physical game. Have anyone ever gotten shit for doing daygame? Nightgame? social circle game? Never. Now online is a different story, because online is still not pick up (this is more or less a consensus at this point) - yet nobody has gotten shit per.se. for using the web to meet girls.

The issue is, and has been so for a while; that people WHO LACKS experience are acting as authorities. Pick up IS A PRACTICAL FIELD - that's it. Accept it. If you do not have practical experience, you have to shut up or just ask questions. If you have some experience, make comments that reflects your level.

I see Silvertree talk about mASF - well on mASF there was no mercy for trolling, and keyboard jockeying, which has had too many free-passes here, to mention NWP has the biggest example, turned out to actually be a KJ as I predicted for a long time. Shit-posts were even labelled "shit-for-brains" on mASF. I do not see posts being deleted for being crap. This idea that mASF was based on this naive niceness is just pure revionist fairytales.

It is a meritocracy. So was mASF. Experienced seducers' words have more meaning than newbies. It is like in every sport, the one who plays the best with the most experience have authority. Here on this forum, experience matters little because we are all equal and we all have to respect each other's opinion.The kid next door who only watch soccer on TV has an opinion that is worth as much as a pro soccer player - and who's opinion is to be accepted and respected. NO... and NO!

Pick up is not about OPINIONS. To hell with opinions. Pick up is a skill, based on action and real life results. It is all based on realism.

If you do not have experience that can back up your shit, then I simply will not respect neither you, nor your technique, and especially not your theories. See talks about mASF - well here is the spirit.

It seems that despite all our attempts to say what is (and was) wrong with this place, the message still has not been conveyed properly.

But at this point, it is pretty clear that this place does not reflect in any way what pick up is for me, and I have frankly just moved on. I wish you all good luck.

Consider this my good bye to Sedfast.

-Teevs
                      Teevster (TVA_Oslo) AKA. Alek Rolstad

Projects 2018:
                      - Still Rocking
                      - Flipping Lesbians (have sex with lesbians)
                      - 10 year in PU anniversary!

Comment

• Grodmeister General
                        Editing a comment
                        I believe more or less MM is the best method and the one I use ,but I have gone from its the only credible method , to let me be the one who discusses the merits on the method ,being the ONLY person here who has done 2 bootcamps ,daygame and night sessions with mutiple coaches on the method and even spoke to MYSTERY himself about the method (not to mention ) I might become an approach coach for PUA Kosmo(the winner of season one pickup artist) all questions related to MM should be aimed in my direction ...and really no one elses (here at least)

• Teevster

Teevster

commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ah ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Congratulations with the job

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                      A few thoughts:

- A while back (around last spring), I was thinking of breaking my ~10 years of daily habit of checking into this site because I got quite annoyed at certain posters running personal attacks against myself and certain others. There were some parts I could consider "feedback", even useful one, especially the part of me at times writing in a too complicated way, but another part just felt like personal attacks, or rather a cultural takeover attempt of this site. Which is why back then I decided I'd stop posting for a few months and then see whether this might change, and it seems now it has improved quite a lot.

- There'll probably always be a battle of people thinking their method A is the only feasable one trying to make another method B look bad. I can't tell about online forums, but in real life this usually happens when those looking down on method B aren't that sure of their method A and want to feel more sure they chose correctly by that behaviour. If someone is competent about himself and his decisions, he usually doesn't feel the need to put others who think differently down.

- There are different styles to get to an end goal, but there are also different end goals and learning styles, as this thread is showing as well. There are people who learn best by putting new information into practice and experimenting, others grow better by chewing on theoretical information. There are people who'll happily follow another one's path to greatness, others just have to carve out their own path for some reason (I'm of the latter group).
                      From what I've observed, people give you shit because you don't fuck girls and say things like "I could have but it didn't feel right" to rationalize it, and then draw sweeping conclusions about what works without having actually completed the goal.

Its not because you use a different method or have a different style. Its because you're not even playing the game.

Comment

Teevster, don't you know mentioning my name is bad luck? Mention it five times in the mirror and I will appear in your home demanding we debate!

Originally posted by Teevster View Post
                        to mention NWP has the biggest example, turned out to actually be a KJ as I predicted for a long time.
                        Sigh. No, I never "turned out" to be a KJ. You just disagree with my opinions, which is fine. My opinions are based on my experiences with women over the years, including those in the poly circle that I'm in.

Do you know what would make me a KJ? If I set foot in the night game forum, or talked about going to bars, clubs, or street approaching. I have no experience with any of these things, which explains why I never made a single post in those parts of the forum. I didn't want to be a KJ, But everything I talked about based on my experiences (including with poly) are true.

Consider this my good bye to Sedfast.
                        HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Teevster, Teevster, buddy! Don't make us laugh! You've made like 30 such announcements (usually right before you start a war with someone).

Internalize this: YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!

You are here forever! I have accepted this as a law of nature. You should too!

SLUT SHAMING IS HATRED OF MEN

Comment

Working...
                        X