Nine 1/2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine 1/2 weeks

Re watched this movie recently.Does this model of behaviour have right to live?
    I mean the main protagonist John is coming from a very strong frame,but he provides her from the beginning (bought her 300$ scarf 5 mins after meeting her).Would he have a chance in real life?
    I personally think its just a complete female phantasy.

Originally posted by europe View Post
    bought her 300$ scarf 5 mins after meeting her
    not really

they first met in the chinese shop where he made some C+F comment and just left her wondering with her panties wet while some hideous AFC was hitting on her at the very same time

also the dude was very rich, so the significance of the $300 is different. Most important - the dude wasn't trying to buy her attention - he just seemed to really want her to have that ugly scarf that she obviously liked a lot but couldn't afford

Originally posted by europe View Post
    I personally think its just a complete female phantasy.
    pretty much all movies are like that. That's why people like them in the first place

-M

Comment

If I am not mistaken the scarf was added to the screenplay and not in the book. (Which is great btw). Probably to cater to the 80's mindset of materialism.

The novel is supposed to be a true story - not very convincing though. IMHO one of the better D/s works of fiction there is.

Comment

Working...
      X