X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• money_matteo
    replied
    Originally posted by Lovergirl View Post
    Yeah, I just got back from a doctors appointment for my son where we were supposed to be getting ADHD meds for my son. Our doctor wouldn't prescribe anything and its pretty clear he thinks its all bullshit. :P He's referring us to some psychologist that deals with it but is very against meds and also to a psychiatrist.

Only now Im under extreme pressure from the school to put my son on meds. They actually called CPS on me the other day saying my son was diagnosed but not on meds (after he got kicked out for yet another 10 days of school). That was the accusation. I asked the worker if I could be legally forced to put my child on meds because they are so controversial and he claimed that I could be charged with neglect because of his problems at school. My doctor says they are just trying to bully me. Fun, fun. :P
    Jeeze, get the kid some Dexis and see if it helps / and he likes it..

it very well might be an instant game changer for em

Leave a comment:

• Lovergirl
    replied
    Yeah, I just got back from a doctors appointment for my son where we were supposed to be getting ADHD meds for my son. Our doctor wouldn't prescribe anything and its pretty clear he thinks its all bullshit. :P He's referring us to some psychologist that deals with it but is very against meds and also to a psychiatrist.

Only now Im under extreme pressure from the school to put my son on meds. They actually called CPS on me the other day saying my son was diagnosed but not on meds (after he got kicked out for yet another 10 days of school). That was the accusation. I asked the worker if I could be legally forced to put my child on meds because they are so controversial and he claimed that I could be charged with neglect because of his problems at school. My doctor says they are just trying to bully me. Fun, fun. :P

Leave a comment:

• Magik
    replied
    Originally posted by money_matteo View Post
    Kava is super fun.. You can find it at Whole Foods or in Vitamin stores usually.

If you get the real deal, you put it in a strainer bag and mix it in a bowl with warm water.. Makes your mouth go numb. LOL

Polynesians use it as part of an ancient dating ritual. They plow the guys silly with the stuff and then introduce them to the girls.

It just makes you feel warm, relaxed, and really good.. and you want to talk and tell stories all night.

The liver disease stuff is bullshit- an FDA market control scam thing...

The only real side effect is scaly skin, but you have to literally take 100+ times the recommended dosage.
    Yes, to EVERYTHING. Furthermore, I think guys who have AA should start taking the stuff before they go out, that's how much I believe in it. I am so much more calm in social situations with this stuff. I am shocked that the community at large doesn't know about it. I find that it is most effective when taken with a cup of coffee or tea, especially to start the day. The Kava curbs anxiety and nervousness and provides some focus, the caffeine (not a lot mind you) further boosts that focus. Taking too much can actually put me to sleep, so there is a fine line there. Everyone is different as far as dosage, half-life, etc.

For the rest of you, If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. If you decide it's not for you, don't take it again. Quite simple. As $ said, the liver stuff is bullshit.

Leave a comment:

• money_matteo
    replied
    Originally posted by Teevster View Post
    I Ritalin, and concerta. Both are n my ADD case, which used to be very heavy back in the days, I got medicated onamphetamine based central stimulants. I know many people has success with those pills, however when I took them I felt so soulless, i felt empty like a robot. My personality traits kind of disappeared. So I stopped immediately and tried another pill called Straterra, which is not based on amph's and doesn't change your personality as methylphenidate does. However this pill gave me liver problems so I had to stop it.

Ritalin, Concerta, and Straterra all suck.. they suck hard along with Vyvanse.

The real deal is Dexidrine.

You have to ask for it.. Most doctors get kickbacks for all the other options because of the big money behind it.

In the case of dexidrine, since it was invented in the early 1900s the patent has expired and there's absolutely no money for anyone behind it.. (and no cash kickbacks for the doctors) You can get it generically for like 10 cents a pill.

I don't know anyone who didn't totally dig it.. Unless you suffer from anxiety.

There's just a bunch of jerks trying to reinvent the wheel in poor ways to make money.. In fact the main manufacturer of Generic Dexidrine, Teva, ceased production for the past 6 months in order to try to switch people to Vyvanse where they make massive dough.

Other companies decided to release generic versions themselves and lo and behold Tevas supply came back before the others hit the market.

Assholes!

$M

Leave a comment:

• money_matteo
    replied
    Originally posted by ChitownMaverick View Post
    I'm interested in this "kava-kava." Any recommended sources that sell the real thing?
    Kava is super fun.. You can find it at Whole Foods or in Vitamin stores usually.

If you get the real deal, you put it in a strainer bag and mix it in a bowl with warm water.. Makes your mouth go numb. LOL

Polynesians use it as part of an ancient dating ritual. They plow the guys silly with the stuff and then introduce them to the girls.

It just makes you feel warm, relaxed, and really good.. and you want to talk and tell stories all night.

The liver disease stuff is bullshit- an FDA market control scam thing...

The only real side effect is scaly skin, but you have to literally take 100+ times the recommended dosage.

Leave a comment:

• Magik
    replied
    Originally posted by ChitownMaverick View Post
    I'm interested in this "kava-kava." Any recommended sources that sell the real thing?
    Google Kona Kava Farm. They sell it in many forms. I know nothing about their drinks, powders, etc., I just take the capsules, and stay within their dosage recommendations. I usually only take 1 a day with my coffee in the morning, and I'm good. I would keep it under 3 capsules a day.

Leave a comment:

• ChitownMaverick
    replied
    Originally posted by Magik View Post
    That's because the stuff Europeans were using wasn't the real thing, and instead of properly investigating, Euro governments banned it. There were additives, or they were getting stems and leaves from the plant and not the pure extract. An Australian study proved that when used the way the Pacific Islanders do, there is no risk of this. It all has to do with where you get it from.

I supposed though that Europeans should look into alternatives, unless they are cool with the risk of being arrested.

Leave a comment:

• ChitownMaverick
    replied
    As someone diagnosed with ADHD from age 6, who went on to earn a Bachelor's degree in Psychology from a reputable school, and has worked in Direct Care therapy for the past two years...here's my opinion:

--"ADD/ADHD" is the term given to a cluster of behaviors that are only present when the environment is managed in a way such as a traditional schooling experience (classes, homework, lectures). Give a kid with ADHD something he likes and room to run around, and magically, he will no longer display symptoms. ADHD exists only in school and jobs structured in a school-like atmosphere.

--This behavior cluster has more positives than negatives. Our society spends untold amounts of money convincing people that everything about them is wrong and needs to change, so becoming truly educated on "ADHD" personality traits is necessary if you want to escape and use it to your benefit.

--Adderall is a dangerous amphetamine-based stimulant that feels good, lets you get more shit done, and also keeps drugs in your body at all times. Take breaks, don't take it everyday. ADHD does not care if you "need" the medication, dependence is dependence and amphetamines can be highly addictive.

--As far as pick-up goes, wildly varied effect. Like all drugs, set and setting are critical factors in one's experience. Perhaps being on Adderall at a club could be helpful, for the same reason other stimulants could be--more energy, more dancing, can drink more, whatever the case may be. I don't do clubs, I hate them, but I've been a couple times and can see how stimulants could be helpful.

Sometimes it makes me Mr. Chatterbox. Sometimes it makes me feel like Superman (but not with the XRs). Sometimes it makes me sweaty and jittery and nervous, and makes my dick shrivel.

The times I most notice it when interacting with females is either at work or school, when I've taken my meds that morning. Sometimes impairs flirting ability, sometimes not...no different from anything else in that sense.

Pick your poison, just remember that it's poison.

Leave a comment:

• Magik
    replied
    That's because the stuff Europeans were using wasn't the real thing, and instead of properly investigating, Euro governments banned it. There were additives, or they were getting stems and leaves from the plant and not the pure extract. An Australian study proved that when used the way the Pacific Islanders do, there is no risk of this. It all has to do with where you get it from.

I supposed though that Europeans should look into alternatives, unless they are cool with the risk of being arrested.

Leave a comment:

• Teevster
    replied
    In my country, Kava is not legal because of all it's side effects such as liver disease and blood circulation problems...

Leave a comment:

• Magik
    replied
    I am going to recommend something that I have never heard anyone in the community ever talk about: Kava (also known as kava-kava)

I was diagnosed with ADD when I was in 1st grade. At this point, I still have trouble focusing, but it has gotten better by changing my behavior. However, Kava has been one of the biggest difference makers in my life. It does the same thing that any of the ADD meds do (curbs anxiety, improves focus) without the stimulation. Plus, it's all natural (assuming you buy from the right sources), legal, non-addictive, and you don't need a fucking doctor to get it. Believe me, big pharma does not want any of you to know this stuff exists, just like they don't want marijuana legalized. They want you to keep buying their drugs.

Look into Kava (google it). For curbing anxiety and better focus, I haven't found anything out there that works better.

Leave a comment:

• Isidia
    replied
    Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    Not sure if this is misposted (might belong in lifestyle?) or not but anyone else have experience with this drug?

I've always had trouble focusing in school, i mean i've made it work for me, but its very hard to keep my attention focused on one thing. My bro was recently diagnosed with ADHD and they prescribed him this drug. They also said that chances are if you have it, your siblings do as well.

I took one from him this morning before school, and noticed a huge increase in my focus. I wasn't even trying to focus on the work in class, it was just so freaking easy!

On to the PU Aspect:

I don't really have a ton of approach anxiety in general, but i still do get it at least once a day. On this drug.. that was completely gone.

Anyone else have similar experiences? I don't really want a crutch or anything like that but the improvement in focus (schoolwise) is gigantic.
    I think if you can't focus in school, chances are the subject or the method that is taught in school can't help to keep your attention, perhaps they are boring to you, and you automatically feel the want to eject. This happens to me now in the university, and even in high school. In some subjects such as natural science, I can't really focus. Heavy and thick concepts from Chemistry or Physics have a hard time to penetrate my mind, while subjects like History, Languages, Philosophy (Eastern Philosophy) and Literature naturally hold my focus for a very long time.

Mathematics is a good example of wrong teaching methodology can lead me to depression and failure. I originally like the subject, the only subject in natural science family that hold my interest. But then the teaching method in my country is fucking "awesome" that it turns me from a guy who ask for demonstration of the so-called "law" into a dumbass who only know to solve a problem in their preferred method. There was also my fault and laziness, but the result was I lost all my basics and dropped it altogether. Very sad!

That being said, you can try to meditate, begin with very simple technique called breath meditation, go to Illuminatus website and check it out, he will give you very succint descriptions of how your mind is constantly unrest. You have much interest in Buddhism, dabbling around the Pali Canon for description of meditation doesn't hurt. Meditating regularly have helped me to observe my mind and emotions without needing drugs.

If you want to take drugs, please find someone that has profound knowledge in this field to help you out. I intended to buy some MDMA to see how is it like, but didn't dare to since in China, chemicals are deadly.

Going to schools nowadays can be really daunting for every person, since they tend to mix a bunch of kids with different personalities and social background together, and that creates quite many troubles. I have met self-learned student before without uni degrees and these guys seem to be much better in both focus ability and critical thinking. In a way, schools and unis are just guru worship anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Teevster
    replied
    In my ADD case, which used to be very heavy back in the days, I got medicated on Ritalin, and concerta. Both are amphetamine based central stimulants. I know many people has success with those pills, however when I took them I felt so soulless, i felt empty like a robot. My personality traits kind of disappeared. So I stopped immediately and tried another pill called Straterra, which is not based on amph's and doesn't change your personality as methylphenidate does. However this pill gave me liver problems so I had to stop it. So I stop with pills completely when I was 16, and I am glad I did. I take Ritalin during my exam period as I don't care if I have a personality or not in that scenario.

So, my cure against ADD is:
    - Eat healthy
    - Work out - physical exercises
    - Get enough sleep
    - Do stuff you like
    - Figure ut how you learn best, because usual pedagogic strategies that are used in schools will not work for you.
    - Eat omega 3... shit that is like a drug!

Not rocket science... even people without ADD should do the following...

And I am high energy, can't concentrate for jack shit, but I don't have any problems at school. The main problem with ADHD/ADD people is that they are stupid and therefore won't succeed. However, smart (or smarter) people will ADHD/ADD will succeed. The reason being is that ADHD/ADD also have some pros and not only cons. I therefore don't view it as a disease... just a personality trait.

Ritalin in the field: NO! is just makes me a dead ass beta man with no ball and no creativity.

Leave a comment:

• Water
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackdragon View Post
    I mentioned this in one of Lovergirl's gigantic threads about her son. I call bullshit on at least 80% of this ADD and ADHD stuff.
    I agree with Blackdragon. From a different perspective, I am actually diagnosed with ADD and have been since 5th or 6th grade. I believe probably OVER 80% of the diagnoses of ADD and ADHD are not real. In my case, I don't believe it is real. It's mostly poor habits and conditioning, in my personal opinion. Such personality disorders were not prevalent centuries ago, but in a society like today's where you're bombarded with instant gratification and dazzling distractions, you're bound to form bad concentration habits, especially the younger generations (like myself).

I was also diagnosed with insomnia, which I also think is a bullshit diagnosis (for myself, not necessarily for others).

Not really sure how BD got his son through that in 12 months, that's a short time span, well done.

It took me a long time to break through such hinderances. I was on sleeping medications for 5 or 6 years and I got off of them a little over a year ago, permanently.

In the past few years is when I've broken past my ADD tendencies. Throughout high school, I failed so many classes it was ridiculous, I couldn't really do well and my teachers and family were worried about it, but that's resolved now. Just readjusted a lot of things, and I am currently majoring in a difficult hard science in college and studying much longer periods of time than I ever thought I could. (Average 6 to 8 hours a day when there aren't exams nearby) It all comes down to habits in my opinion.

I mainly correctly my study habits largely this past summer, when taking an upper level honors math course and not relying on a tutor for the first time. (I had failed the previous two math courses I took the first time and they were much easier courses) I studied more than I ever had and it was interesting to see myself do so well when people in the class were struggling and failing while putting in so much time. I had never considered myself somebody who is good at math, but I think that was mainly due to bad study habits and a self-image related to doing poorly in mathematics and academics.

@Bullseye: Adderall will definitely help your concentration. I've never experimented with it for pick up, but I have taken it for school and felt incredibly social after wards. Maybe try seeing a psychiatrist about your perceived disorder? I was prescribed to adderall inconsistently for a long time now. I just have some in stock (out of it now, actually) for exams. Personally, I'd say just try adjusting your study habits gradually. Usually very simple and small adjustments will go a long way.

Leave a comment:

• money_matteo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    On to the PU Aspect:

I don't really have a ton of approach anxiety in general, but i still do get it at least once a day. On this drug.. that was completely gone.

Anyone else have similar experiences? I don't really want a crutch or anything like that but the improvement in focus (schoolwise) is gigantic.
    Very quickly, ADD is not a negative condition, it's a GIFT.

Here's a great book that covers it further
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Gift-Adult.../dp/1572245654

Having ADD and going on stimulant medication can be nuclear potency..
    For productivity, sex-drive, pickup, euphoria, etc.. That is assuming you don't suffer side-effects.

With all that said, I don't like Adderall- Ask your doctor to switch you to Dexedrine.. less grind, more good emotions..
    Everyone I know who has tried both feels the same way.

And the bottom line, if you're playing the school game- all your classmates, with ADD or not, are using it to get ahead..

It's a brave new world.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X