What's Mystery doing these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Mystery doing these days?

Has he done anything since the VH1 show? Is he still a credible pua since the paradigm shift in community thinking? The way the game and mystery method was written, it largely doesn't address the 'numbers game' and 'sexual availability' that we are so focused on/aware of now in 2012 community thinking. Is it still considered true?

I don't know about Mystery but Neil Strauss has a hot SHB girlfriend. Who knows if that's from his pick up method, or from his celebrity status.

Comment

Sadly, though predictably, most of the old guard have settled into monogamy.

Mystery made a post at the old mASF right before it went tits up. He's "somewhere in Europe" living with a woman (married or not I don't know) and "raising kids".

Style is a bigtime serial monogamist and always has some hot but ball-busting girlfriend (read "Emergency" for details on the GF drama he routinely goes through) before having some breakup and getting a new one every 2-3 years or so.

David DeAngelo is married, but I think most people know that by now.

It's hard to remember sometimes that the seduction community 10-15 years ago was almost 100% focused on seduction, and not relationships. Therefore most bigtime seduction gurus eventually succumb to monogamy and all of its usual problems. Style himself said as much, saying once "I'm always a huge AFC whenever I get into a relationship". Yep.
      How to have 3 hour meet-to-lays and nonmonogamous relationships with any type of woman:
      The Blackdragon Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdragon View Post
        It's hard to remember sometimes that the seduction community 10-15 years ago was almost 100% focused on seduction, and not relationships. Therefore most bigtime seduction gurus eventually succumb to monogamy and all of its usual problems. Style himself said as much, saying once "I'm always a huge AFC whenever I get into a relationship". Yep.
        would it not be prudent then to get ahead of the curve by considering the next step, namely- child rearing?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyChonga View Post
          would it not be prudent then to get ahead of the curve by considering the next step, namely- child rearing?

Good point Definitely not on MY personal agenda though, hopefully that will never change.

Comment

That actually makes me feel lucky I never heard of Mystery/Style 10-15 years ago and got into it after things evolved past that stage. What use is learning how to pull chicks and become a master when as soon as you find a woman you like you turn into a huge AFC!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Power-Factor View Post
              What use is learning how to pull chicks and become a master when as soon as you find a woman you like you turn into a huge AFC!?!
              There is no logical connection between those two skillsets (pulling/relationship). If at all, the better you are at pulling the better you tend to be in relationships (put up with less bullshit, etc.). You can become a master at pulling AND a master in relationships, no problem. Just because Style is apparently a pussy in relationships doesn't mean thats inevitable for everyone who is a master at pulling.

Comment

Ha ha,

In fac tthere's a guy who has started a small business empire basically advising men in sexless marriages how to apply PU technologies to get their woman back on track. I actually think the guy is good because he advises guy upfront that sex withholding is a deal breaker in marriage, and they should be planning a divorce if they don't succeed in bringing their woman around.

http://marriedmansexlife.com/

Comment

As long as you don't get monogamous, don't plan on the relationship lasting more than a few years, and can easily afford children and child support, then sure, go ahead.
                  How to have 3 hour meet-to-lays and nonmonogamous relationships with any type of woman:
                  The Blackdragon Blog

Comment

Be sure to hear exactly what Blackdragon is saying. He's not knocking relationships. He's knocking monogamy, particularly saying it just doesn't work in the long run. Easy to misunderstand or for someone to cross terms here.

Comment

As long as you don't get monogamous, don't plan on the relationship lasting more than a few years, and can easily afford children and child support, then sure, go ahead.
                      thats like saying "getting women is about being true to yourself and your mission", or something of that sort. If that were enough we wouldn't have such an active forum...

Comment

thats like saying "getting women is about being true to yourself and your mission", or something of that sort. If that were enough we wouldn't have such an active forum...
                        But I didn't say that.
                        The Blackdragon Blog

Comment

But I didn't say that.
                          perhaps I misunderstood. You said:

"As long as you don't get monogamous, don't plan on the relationship lasting more than a few years, and can easily afford children and child support, then sure, go ahead."

What I thought this to mean was that these are the bases to be covered for child rearing, and that that is all. This is why I made the oversimplified (and incomplete) analogy. What I understood your comment to mean totally misses, just to name a few- things like screening, agreeing on parenting strategies and values, including the non-monogamy aspect, imparting those, handling the finance and living situations, relationship management through and after the "breakup" (in a way which is in the best interest of the child), etc, etc. And these are just the ones most people will encounter. What about dealing with another man coming into the picture from the womans side to help raise your children, or children by multiple mothers in a triad situation? My overarching point, as captured nicely in your post, is that the next logical step from seduction and relationship is child rearing. Today's men will become very good at seduction and relationship management, but as soon as children come into the picture (which will happen to a significant portion of these men) then we enter uncharted territory (from the PU worldview perspective.. Dr. Phil has the traditional stuff covered). If we consider the trajectory you described taken by the legends of seduction, then for these men it will be exponentially worse once children are involved because there will be a human life and legality in the picture. In my opinion the chances for screwing up ones own life, let alone having a messed up kid, seem to be much higher. I put this all on the table for selfish reasons: I don't want to be the guinea pig generation doing retrospective work 15 years from now about why my kids hate me, mu reputation is ruined and I cant get a decent job.

Comment

Got it. Now I understand.

You view the progression of skills as:

1. Seduction.
                            2. Relationships.
                            3. Child Rearing in an Alpha context.

I more or less agree. The problem is almost 0% of the male population has any of the above three items mastered. Even only about 10-15% of the men in the seduction community has items 1 and 2 mastered. Therefore 85-90% of the seduction community shouldn't even think about having kids until they master number 2 (relationships) first. That's going to be tough because IME many men in the seduction community actually resist basic relationship concepts, preferring to spend their lives bouncing between full-on sarging mode and monogamous GF mode, both of which are extreme conditions that cannot make a man long-term happy. (Short term, sure. Long term, no.) For example, I have a very strong feeling that if I personally sat down with Mystery, Style, or DavidD and laid out exactly how FB/MLTR/OLTR works and showed them multiple real-life examples of it working, they would nod their heads and agree with the concepts, perhaps even enthusiastically, then go out and eventually get monogamous anyway and suffer the consequences.

Once you have seduction and relationships more or less hammered out, then yes, it would be fine to proceed on to having and raising kids. Will the vast majority of men do this? Nope. They'll proceed to either get mono-married with no prenup, have kids, then fuck them up via a divorce. Or they'll accidentally get chicks they're fucking pregnant.

That's why a man who's mastered all three areas is truly in the elite.

It's interesting you've asked the question since I devote an entire chapter in the Alpha Male book I'm writing specifically on how Alphas raise children, and I've been strongly considering expanding that to 2 or maybe even 3 chapters. It's that important.

Lastly, yes, our generation of new Alphas will indeed be guinea pigs on some of this child-rearing stuff. It won't be perfect and there will be problems. However I'm not concerned since I've seen how badly the current system of widespread divorce and and cheating and custody battles fucks children up badly. It's a pretty low bar to improve upon, which makes much of this easier than you might think.
                            The Blackdragon Blog

Comment

...I have a very strong feeling that if I personally sat down with Mystery, Style, or DavidD and laid out exactly how FB/MLTR/OLTR works and showed them multiple real-life examples of it working, they would nod their heads and agree with the concepts, perhaps even enthusiastically, then go out and eventually get monogamous anyway and suffer the consequences.

Once you have seduction and relationships more or less hammered out, then yes, it would be fine to proceed on to having and raising kids. Will the vast majority of men do this? Nope. They'll proceed to either get mono-married with no prenup, have kids, then fuck them up via a divorce. Or they'll accidentally get chicks they're fucking pregnant...
                              Why?

This sounds like completely irrational behavior. As far as I've experienced, the temptations for monogamy come from a scarcity. I.E-- I was a chump who only got a "date" every month or two; therefore, I promised monogamy because a) society told me to do it, and b) I wanted to get laid; she wanted monogamy as part of the "deal". Of course every time I did this, it was only rewarding short-term. It was still a rational act, though, since I thought the value of a few months/year(s) of relative happiness would be worth the ultimate drama. I've learned since.

But for guys who have an abundance of women (good at seduction) AND have an ability to maintain relationships, it makes no sense to go down that route. Why would they do it?

Comment

Working...
                              X