The True PUAs. Russian PUAs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The True PUAs. Russian PUAs.

Video speaks for itself. Is it just me who laughed hard at this or there is someone else who finds this shit funny. Perhaps cuz I can speak Russian myself pretty fluently myself...but the accent just kills me.

It is funny, but I am having a culture gap problem; it looks like a comedy routine where he is making fun of PUA interviews, but I can't be sure.

Question for native Russian speakers. He is pronouncing PUA as a word, "pooah", rather than saying the names of the letters. Is that how non English speakers treat it or do they say the letters? Or is he making fun of clueless PUA wannabes who can't even pronounce it right? Most Americans would say, "pee you a".

One of my wife's friends had an Italian boyfriend for a summer and they visited us for dinner one night. We were discussing flying saucers and alien visits and he was pronouncing UFO as a word, "uffoh", where in American you say the letters, "you eff oh".

I know it is difficult, because there is no hard rule. Some acronyms you say the letters, others get pronounced as words. Usually it depends how word like they are in English.
    The older the violin, the sweeter the music. Augustus McCrae

Comment

These guys are doing a total parody. They are exaggerating their accents and just goofing off. Funny shit though. They are probably on this board. I imagine Tubarao is behind the camera, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertree View Post
        It is funny, but I am having a culture gap problem; it looks like a comedy routine where he is making fun of PUA interviews, but I can't be sure.

Question for native Russian speakers. He is pronouncing PUA as a word, "pooah", rather than saying the names of the letters. Is that how non English speakers treat it or do they say the letters? Or is he making fun of clueless PUA wannabes who can't even pronounce it right? Most Americans would say, "pee you a".

One of my wife's friends had an Italian boyfriend for a summer and they visited us for dinner one night. We were discussing flying saucers and alien visits and he was pronouncing UFO as a word, "uffoh", where in American you say the letters, "you eff oh".

I know it is difficult, because there is no hard rule. Some acronyms you say the letters, others get pronounced as words. Usually it depends how word like they are in English.
        Interesting. Seems like the rule is different from language to language too for the same acronym. I would say "you eff oh" if I was talking English, but we actually say "ufoh" in my own language (we use the same acronym).

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertree View Post
          Depends on how good they are at english. Actually, most russians I know(and I a lot of them) talk this way. Same accent(it can be even THIS obvious, because for their tongue it's rather difficult to pronounce words the way the should sound).

About "pooah" thing, yeah, depending on their level really. Usually they don't know how to sound out the letters individually, so that would depend more on their level, rather than the culture.

Comment

Huh. I've been pronouncing it as Pooah after seeing some videos when I first found masf, and everyone seemed to pronounce it that way. Come to think of it they may have been british though. Well now it's stuck and I think it sounds better anyway (or at least rolls easier).

Comment

Working...
            X