Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the community on life support????

vkforum.jpg

^ Vince Kelvin forum Dead, my Mpua forum (deadest i have ever seen it), Roosh v rumor they are on the way out, anyways rsd (who is always ahead of the curve) is moving to self improvement as you can see in the last video. I don't get it, i would think that the community is moving in the right direction, the quality of material and stuff is greater and more realistic than before imho so it should be growing.

Last edited by Skills360; 09-12-2013, 04:52 PM.

Two things.

While there are millions of lurkers absorbing this stuff; there has never been more than a bus load of quality posters, and most of what needs to be said has been said. Low posting activity does not necessarily mean low interest. Most quality posters end up trying to monetize their knowledge and quit posting after they get a following. (Or they fail at monetization and have to go get a real job.)

Two, it is changing to resemble classic self help, which is over a century old now, because while at first the goal was to emulate Naturals, after a while guys actually became Naturals and then started writing about the process of becoming a Natural, which is a lot like self help, except the goal is manhood rather than wealth and power, which is what the self help gurus usually offer, even if what they are teaching is manhood. (Now that's a sentence! Glad I don't have to diagram it.)
    The older the violin, the sweeter the music. Augustus McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertree View Post
      Two things.

While there are millions of lurkers absorbing this stuff; there has never been more than a bus load of quality posters, and most of what needs to be said has been said. Low posting activity does not necessarily mean low interest. Most quality posters end up trying to monetize their knowledge and quit posting after they get a following. (Or they fail at monetization and have to go get a real job.)

Two, it is changing to resemble classic self help, which is over a century old now, because while at first the goal was to emulate Naturals, after a while guys actually became Naturals and then started writing about the process of becoming a Natural, which is a lot like self help, except the goal is manhood rather than wealth and power, which is what the self help gurus usually offer, even if what they are teaching is manhood. (Now that's a sentence! Glad I don't have to diagram it.)

Well or it could be is that the quality is that good, that dudes are getting laid and or girlfriends and moving on. Cause a lot of dudes after they get girlfriends get off the forums...

Comment

Originally posted by Skills360 View Post
        Cause a lot of dudes after they get girlfriends get off the forums...
        That.
        How to have 3 hour meet-to-lays and nonmonogamous relationships with any type of woman:
        The Blackdragon Blog

Comment

Agreed. Most guys do not want to be PUAs, or will realize that after they start getting success. Most really want a good girlfriend and as soon as they get good enough to bang quality women will end up with a girlfriend. Eventually she'll dump them and they'll be back, but it takes them off the forums for a while.

Comment

That happened to me. I slowly got better and in my best year had 12 isolations that led to 12 lays and two became FBs and a few others I did multiple times. Then I ended up with the insane very hot model for a girlfriend and a week after she dumped me, I met my wife.

Comment

That happened to me. I slowly got better and in my best year had 12 isolations that led to 12 lays and two became FBs and a few others I did multiple times. Then I ended up with the insane very hot model for a girlfriend and a week after she dumped me, I met my wife.
              slightly off topic, but im really very curious, Silver - what does your wife think of your hobby/job here at Sedfast ?

Comment

what does your wife think
                She has no idea. I spend all day on the computer anyway. Always have. I was a professional software developer.

I discovered mASF 8 years ago when I was massively depressed and having a terrible relationship with her and fighting all the time with my daughter who was 11 at the time. The Community skills I learned allowed me to turn that around. Originally I was getting ready for my life after the inevitable divorce. Now I doubt that will happen. I am here to help guys who need help now.

Comment

She has no idea. I spend all day on the computer anyway. Always have. I was a professional software developer.

I discovered mASF 8 years ago when I was massively depressed and having a terrible relationship with her and fighting all the time with my daughter who was 11 at the time. The Community skills I learned allowed me to turn that around. Originally I was getting ready for my life after the inevitable divorce. Now I doubt that will happen. I am here to help guys who need help now.
                  How have your relationship with your wife changed after you discovered the community? I'm curious how you managed to salvage your 20+ years (I think I read somewhere that you have been knowing your wife since the 70's or 80's... correct?) relationship/marriage from inevitable divorce.

Comment

How have your relationship with your wife changed after you discovered the community? I'm curious how you managed to salvage your 20+ years (I think I read somewhere that you have been knowing your wife since the 70's or 80's... correct?) relationship/marriage from inevitable divorce.
                    I changed both myself and how I interacted with her.

I did a number of things differently. I got less reactive. I got much better at ignoring fight bait. Hard to describe, but you learn to recognize the signs of her stirring up trouble and do not react. The more you do this, the more powerful it becomes and the less drama comes your way. It takes two to tango, and if you refuse to dance, she is out of luck.

I quit backing down. It used to be she would precipitate a fight and I'd apologize a bit later to get rid of the bad vibes she was radiating, even when I knew it was her fault. I didn't care about fault, and just wanted smooth sailing. At first this was hard, I once went two days waiting for her to begin acting civil. When she does calm the fuck down, I simply go back to normal as if nothing happened.

Whenever we planned things, she'd take no position and ask what I thought and then pitch a fit if it was different than what she wanted. She was basically demanding that I read her mind and agree with her in advance, so she could get her way without having to admit she was demanding to get her way. She wanted to set the agenda without any responsibility for the agenda that was set. I quit playing that game, and switched my tactic to, we'll do whatever you want, because that is what we do anyway, and refuse to make any input to "planning". After a bit, my opinion mattered and she would say what she wanted to do and negotiate like an adult.

I call her on manipulative tactics. A classic; the other day she asks, Do you need to car to do anything Thursday? I say no. She asks, are you planning on doing anything that day? I say no. She then asks, don't you think it would be a good idea if we did this? I respond, why don't you just say, I want to do this Thursday? Why try and phrase it so I have to take the responsibility for suggesting something you want to do? This ended the conversation. We ended up not doing it, because I refused to volunteer to initiate something only she wants to do. The training continues.

I started to buy my own clothes. For years, she just bought me clothes while she was out. They were always 3 sizes too big. When I'd point that out, she'd say she just wanted me to be comfortable. It made me look bad. I started buying clothes that fit and dressing sharper. Looking good to other women is a big power shift.

I quit being intimidated over finding other women attractive. She use to pull shit like, we'd be watching TV and some hot babe would be on. She'd ask, do you think she's attractive, and then if I said yes, she'd ask if I thought the TV girl was more attractive than her, and I had to lie or get in a fight. I started to tell her the truth. Yes and yes. That brought charges that I was a perv because I liked young women. I just answered I am not alone. If any guys liked old women better, they'd have Joan Rivers in beer commercials. Then she'd say, well you're too old, women think old guys like you are pervs and avoid them. I'd laugh at her for getting upset over BS on TV and go do something else. That ended that shit ASAP.

I won the battle of the purse. We were at a parents' night at high school and she wanted to put her jacket on and handed me the purse. I set it on the ground. She flipped out. I told her, I am not your purse holder, you'd put it on the ground if you were alone. Once more in a store and I'd won. She wanted me to hold it while she tried on clothes, which I knew meant 5-10 minutes of standing there looking like a doofus purse holder. I said, you should take it into the dressing room with you, I might set it down, wander off, and lose it, while looking her straight in the eye. She stomped off with the purse. In the car, she got mad, and I asked, what do you do when you are out alone? No answer. She has never asked that again.

In general, I found that what is taught here is true. Women will pull as much BS on you as you are willing to put up with and no more. And putting up with the BS only gets you disrespect and more BS. Calling them on it is attractive.
                    Last edited by Silvertree; 09-13-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I think there has been a harsh encounter with reality. Not everybody can get good at PU due to lack of willpower and the ability to take constructive criticism. This was always true but a lot of people believed in the commercial propaganda from early gurus claiming that game was "the great equalizer" so that even the nerds and dorks could get laid like rock stars.

No. Game is not an equalizer. You need to be an attractive guy or else you will struggle. Actually, I believe that game may not be equalizing at all, on the contrary it just increases the differences in success. Attractive guys get laid even more. The losers will just get exposed to more rejections and humiliation from being too cocky.

Comment

Originally posted by sparxx View Post
                        I think there has been a harsh encounter with reality. Not everybody can get good at PU due to lack of willpower and the ability to take constructive criticism. This was always true but a lot of people believed in the commercial propaganda from early gurus claiming that game was "the great equalizer" so that even the nerds and dorks could get laid like rock stars.

No. Game is not an equalizer. You need to be an attractive guy or else you will struggle. Actually, I believe that game may not be equalizing at all, on the contrary it just increases the differences in success. Attractive guys get laid even more. The losers will just get exposed to more rejections and humiliation from being too cocky.
                        Well I don't know, man.

You're only competing against yourself, in this. Perhaps that's a fundamental realization that keeps some people away.

Game does make you cooler. Those of us who've made changes know this to be true. But I can't compare to anyone but my old self.

We are all attractive in some way. There's some spark in everybody. Some particular quality. It's the matter of letting that out that can be difficult.

The whole white knight thing has a certain appeal to people who might have found the community and gone down the proper path to true self-development and manhood. Some community thing surfaces on facebook, the gender warriors and white knights come out and slam it in an attempt to perpetuate their own beliefs. It's just...a little sad. Women need the message too, as Silvertree's stories demonstrate.

Comment

Hey Silvertree, thanks for the revelation. I was always kind of wondering what a gentleman of your age and experience was doing here with the rest of us...

Re: the seduction community... Somebody or other has been declaring it dead every six months for years, haven't they?

Anyway, switching it to "personal development for men" is a good thing, I think. Less canned routines and how to fake it, more being a better man. That's cool by me.

Comment

Originally posted by donkaktus View Post
                            Somebody or other has been declaring it dead every six months for years, haven't they?
                            That too.

There will always be a seduction community. Always.

It's just that the name of the community will change from time to time.
                            How to have 3 hour meet-to-lays and nonmonogamous relationships with any type of woman:
                            The Blackdragon Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdragon View Post
                              That too.

There will always be a seduction community. Always.

It's just that the name of the community will change from time to time.

^ Well that is good news, i hope is true, I really do not see all the negatives that so many people talk about other than some of the marketing, but anyways, i just hope it gets a bit more active, i just notice a decline in most seduction forums.

@sparxxx that is right on! Good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X