Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are attractive women leaving OKC and Match using Tinder and Bumble more?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pureevil View Post
    Its called "deny till you die." If you do choose to lie, you lie to the grave or else you fuck yourself in most cases.
    I get it, I think age is something that would come of the surface eventually(e.g. Birthdays, she somehow looks at your ID)

Comment

Originally posted by MrB View Post
      I get it, I think age is something that would come of the surface eventually(e.g. Birthdays, she somehow looks at your ID)
      Yeah lying would work for short term lays and short FB scenarios only, will definitely create a headache of one kind or another once it came to light.

I personally don't lie. Not worth it. . bad vibes and headaches. "The truth shall set you free" is true in so many ways. I'd rather score using my strengths.

Comment

My current girl would assure you I don't keep her on a pedestal.
        Online used to be a great resource for meeting attractive younger women, it doesn't seem to work for me without lying about your age.
        I've changed my age on the profile before but they'd ask my age day1 or day2 and when I told them the truth they left immediately. They'd say, "If you are willing to lie about something as simple as your age, how could I trust you about bigger issues?"

How would you overcome that objection?
        I would guess you felt ashamed and didn't own it. If you don't give a shit, she won't.

On some apps my age is set to as low as 27. Girls rarely ask. I had an 18 year old FB for a year and I don't think she ever asked my age.

When they do ask, I tell. No problem. They laugh about how old I am and then we fuck. Worked with tons of chicks.

I fucked a 17 year old who had her age set to 18. So 14 or 15 years younger. Plenty of women lie about their age too. And put up old pictures when they were skinny. Just a couple weeks ago I fucked a 22 year old who had her age set to 21. She felt a bit ashamed and was almost relieved when I told her I was actually 5 years older than she thought. Partners in crime.

I even had a date with a girl in junior high school -- didn't ask how old she was because I don't give a shit, but she was probably 16, possibly even 15. (Legal age here is 15)
        "I'm the kind of guy you don't want to bring home to mom. Cuz I'd fuck your mom."

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination"

Comment

good neutral age to use is 35... remember dudes 40 is the new 30...
          Sexting, my unique natural game, aggressive dance floor seductions, 15-20 minutes hook ups in clubs. Learn the proper way to maximize your results in a club type environment, check out my blog and youtube clubbing channel:

www.dancefloorseduction.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dude909 View Post
            I would guess you felt ashamed and didn't own it. If you don't give a shit, she won't.
            I felt I totally owned it.
            If I recall, she said, "How old are you?"

I said, "40".
            She said, "40, your profile said you were 35. Why would you lie about that?"

"I didn't think it was a big deal and I wanted to cast a bigger net to meet more people. I figured if there was chemistry it wouldn't matter. Where shall we go next?"

"If you are willing to lie about something as simple as your age, how could I trust you about bigger issues?"

They were both divorcees ~28 y.o. so maybe they were extra cautious about lying.

Comment

If I recall, she said, "What was your age again?"

I said, "40".

"I didn't think it was a big deal and I wanted to cast a bigger net to meet more people. I figured if there was chemistry it wouldn't matter. Where shall we go next?"

"If you are willing to lie about something as simple as your age, how could I trust you about bigger issues?"

They were both divorcees ~28 y.o. so maybe they were extra cautious about lying.

ok listen, first you have to be able to pass/look 35

second, you do not even bring the convo up(if she brings it up is cause you do not look 35)

if you want to be honest do it, POST SEX/investment... (probably after the 3rd fuck)

Is not lying is flirting credit mystery.
              Sexting, my unique natural game, aggressive dance floor seductions, 15-20 minutes hook ups in clubs. Learn the proper way to maximize your results in a club type environment, check out my blog and youtube clubbing channel:

www.dancefloorseduction.com

Comment

This sounds like a woman who is actively screening for a super serious relationship. As is well-known here, it's much harder to fuck a girl when you give off strong relationship vibes, because the hurdle is much higher: you must check all the boxes. It's much easier, efficient, and better in the long term to give off casual vibes, fuck fast, and only then slowly upgrade the relationship to a more serious thing if that's what you're after.

So in that case it was just an excuse to tick you off. That same woman would have probably blown you off for another silly reason if you were the exact same guy but 35. And she's probably fucked the next week a 48 year old ofter one drink, who wrote 27 on his profile but gave off different vibes, and while she was taking it in the ass she was texting some beta about that fancy restaurant he was going to take her on their 4th date.

As a general rule, women aren't logical creatures. There are no "reasons" with them, there are only rationalisations to what they feel like doing.
                "I'm the kind of guy you don't want to bring home to mom. Cuz I'd fuck your mom."

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination"

Comment

If I recall, she said, "How old are you?"

I said, "40".

Might I suggest you use different profiles for different age ranges of women? Relatively few 28 year olds are going to be phased by the idea of getting with a 42 year old man. Many more 22 year olds are going to have a problem with it.

So, set up two profiles, one for 27+ y/o women, and one for 18-26 (or whatever range you want). Tell the truth on the older profile, and lie (and keep lying if necessary) on the younger profile.

Comment

Originally posted by pureevil View Post
                    Not wanting to lie is totally valid. Its true. . older guys who are interested in fucking new younger women regularly will either have to lie or find other ways than online, at least the way things are currently (some new dating app concept could theoretically flip the script at any time). If you don't lie then online can serve as the occasional supplementary fool's gold, but that's about it. There's a migration of hotter girls away from OKcupid/POF to these swipe apps (very likely for the reasons Kit describes above, plus young people in general want their own thing, not what the last generation was doing) so the strategies that used to work for OKCupid are decreasing in effectiveness significantly. The Tinder concept really fucked over the older guy in the online dating world.

Keep in mind that men's peak attractiveness comes ages 35ish-45ish, its just that the swipe apps don't let you exploit this at all. Older guy's power comes in-person and face-to-face, where (assuming they've physically taken care of themselves and have some style) their more mature vibe and confidence make them more attractive in general than younger guys, and they have the upper hand. So I'd recommend finding ways to meet girls in person where you can exploit this upper hand. If you don't want to grind it out running intentional day game, definitely make a point of chatting up any IOIs you receive in your day to day life (becoming a regular at a few spots can help. . . hit the same coffee shop every day or the same lunch spot 4 days a week, where you know hot girls also frequent), and, if you don't have a social circle to roll out with, maybe put some effort into ThinMan's strategy of signing up for special event email lists and mingling at those events, where you'll encounter warm and receptive girls and can begin to develop an extended social circle.
                    This is exactly my experience. I spent a lot of time on ther and other swipe apps over the past year. I get some swipes from girls a lot younger than me but I can't seem to convert any conversations to actual meets. I'm 43 and I can do fine getting girls in their early 30s which is 10 years or so younger than me, but 20 years younger is a stretch.

In my daily life i am around girls in their early 20s all the time and in person I have never had it so easy with this age group as I do at this age now. It's actually kind of mind-blowing, and really points up the differences between men and women. I only have this advantage in person though. With swiping, I can't bring what I have to the table. It's all photos and age ranges. I've also seen how these girls are using this apps up close and it really seems to be just another form of social media like instagram, or a video game. There are a ton of guys having all kinds of success with these apps, but they only work for me if I'm going after older women. If you're a ripped 25 year old guy with abs you basically have your pick of the litter with Tinder. For me to compete I need to get a seat at the table and that's a million times easier if I'm physically in the room with the girl.

I basically stopped using these apps for this reason. They're actually making my life more difficult and end up wasting a lot of my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiral View Post
                      This is exactly my experience. I spent a lot of time on ther and other swipe apps over the past year. I get some swipes from girls a lot younger than me but I can't seem to convert any conversations to actual meets. I'm 43 and I can do fine getting girls in their early 30s which is 10 years or so younger than me, but 20 years younger is a stretch.

In my daily life i am around girls in their early 20s all the time and in person I have never had it so easy with this age group as I do at this age now. It's actually kind of mind-blowing, and really points up the differences between men and women. I only have this advantage in person though. With swiping, I can't bring what I have to the table. It's all photos and age ranges. I've also seen how these girls are using this apps up close and it really seems to be just another form of social media like instagram, or a video game. There are a ton of guys having all kinds of success with these apps, but they only work for me if I'm going after older women. If you're a ripped 25 year old guy with abs you basically have your pick of the litter with Tinder. For me to compete I need to get a seat at the table and that's a million times easier if I'm physically in the room with the girl.

I basically stopped using these apps for this reason. They're actually making my life more difficult and end up wasting a lot of my time.
                      I think part of my problem is that I work from home so I don't have any attractive women around me during the day despite living in a top 10 metro area. What industry do you work in that surrounds you with young women?
                      OR how do you surround yourself with young women?

Comment

I think part of my problem is that I work from home so I don't have any attractive women around me during the day despite living in a top 10 metro area. What industry do you work in that surrounds you with young women?
                        OR how do you surround h of yourself with young women?
                        I work as an actor, which means I am surrounded by... actresses. And I also work in a restaurant. The particular restaurant I work for has a tendency to hire young, hot girls. Both of these industries have a constant flow of new people in them and hooking up or dating is not just tolerated but encouraged. Don't get me wrong though, they are still limited pools and I don't think it's a great idea to go absolutely nuts due to the risk of drama. I'm also not that much of an expert that I'm slaying every girl in sight. I only point it out to back up the point that I have no problem with the young girls I do interact with in person versus through apps. Girls like older guys - I have a better chance of making things happen now than when I was 24. One girl I know told me the other day that everyone she knows wants a 40 year old guy. But I can only make this happen if i'm in the same room, not through a picture on a phone with an age filter on the app, which is why I think Tinder-like apps are just tougher for older guys - or they are for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiral View Post
                          I work as an actor, which means I am surrounded by... actresses. And I also work in a restaurant. The particular restaurant I work for has a tendency to hire young, hot girls. Both of these industries have a constant flow of new people in them and hooking up or dating is not just tolerated but encouraged. Don't get me wrong though, they are still limited pools and I don't think it's a great idea to go absolutely nuts due to the risk of drama. I'm also not that much of an expert that I'm slaying every girl in sight. I only point it out to back up the point that I have no problem with the young girls I do interact with in person versus through apps. Girls like older guys - I have a better chance of making things happen now than when I was 24. One girl I know told me the other day that everyone she knows wants a 40 year old guy. But I can only make this happen if i'm in the same room, not through a picture on a phone with an age filter on the app, which is why I think Tinder-like apps are just tougher for older guys - or they are for me anyway.
                          That makes total sense.

My challenge is my hobbies don't have many women participants and I've even noticed the ratio of men to women(2+:1 many times) in bars seems to be decreasing over the last 6 months, possibly due to the ease of Tinder providing alternatives.

Comment

Questionably relevant to this topic, but I found the premise of this video interesting and possibly applicable to reframing age differences:

TLDW: Old people have been saying the same shit about young people since the beginning of time.

Last edited by ColonelKurtz; 03-29-2016, 12:34 AM. Reason: Trying to embed video

Comment

I'm in total agreement with PE and Spiral here.
                              Swipping apps lowered the chances for guys over 35 to match with VYW.
                              The alternatives are as follows (some already discussed):
                              - change your age to five years less (doing more could harm you in the future) and put in your profile description something like "I'm a little older" (technically this is not lying);
                              - paying those apps/sites to increase your matching chances (some guys report it, never tested myself);
                              - avoid swiping apps completely (lower matching chances, too many attention whores);
                              - decrease the gap and go for women closer to your age;
                              - auto-likers, using these apps as secondary options;

About tinder, my personal experience is once you flip to the wrong side of 30s your matching ratio will drop by half with women below 25. I'm good-looking and look like 27-28, does not matter. It's the damn number on the side of my name that counts.
                              Last edited by POB; 03-30-2016, 08:04 PM.

Comment

A tinderguy just sent me a dickpic. If that"'s the way most guys at tinder are.. I am leaving it too. It''s not about the pic, it''s about the fact that I put a boundary there (told him dont send me) and it''s not socially acceptable. Yet he thought he should send me that pic? Told him I was blocking him. And how he could send me a pic like that. Then he blocked me xD but yeah. Talking about boundaries...

Not going to report him, but wonder whether he sends that kinda pics to every girl.

Also: if you sent those, don't be surprised if you got reported xD
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

Comment

Working...
                                X