Inventive Strategy: Housing ads -> online game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventive Strategy: Housing ads -> online game

I just had an interesting idea. I rent out rooms in my place and whenever I put up the ads for the rooms I get tons of messages from HBs who sometimes provide a long explanation of why they are awesome. So I figured why not use this to my advantage? This occurred to me after one of the HBs I met didn't take the room, but instead asked me out. Its currently a half baked idea but the premise sounds interesting.

In the process of field testing. It is *extremely* easy to set up coffee this way, we shall see if I can take it past that stage. However, I think at this point it will be down to my own skills instead of the effectiveness of using housing ads as an excuse to meet.

Comment

This is a-i-r-b-n-b game. Yes, it works.

Comment

Exactly. If you love meeting new women, that's a great way to do it.

Very good business strategy too btw. With the economy the way it is, more and more people are looking at shared accommodations as an option. It can be cash and a good way to help cover your monthly bills.

Comment

It's strange, but most women seem to be desperate for ways of meeting guys that don't push their "socially inappropriate/low value" buttons. I think this is one reason online game is so often a struggle- you see it right there in the ads, "I can't believe I am doing this", "My friend put me up to it", "Just because I have a profile here doesn't mean I can't meet guys. I'm-Just-Looking-for-Friends(tm)."

JWS has talked about couchsurfing and meetup.com, and I think the housing idea works off a similar principle. ANY method you can figure out that will appeal to women and not make them feel like they are trying to "meet guys online" (or wherever), I think will yield some real gold. I think that it accounts for the popularity of Myspace and, in it's early stages, Facebook.

Women ARE desperate to meet guys. Half the POF/OKC profiles say "Tired of the bar/club scene". Ever wondered WHY? Because those are two "socially appropriate" venues for meeting men, and they are desperate for alternatives where they can hook up- but they want to do it without feeling like they are lowering their value by doing so. I suspect that's one of the appeals of craigslist (which otherwise sucks by just about any measure you can think of): it's totally anonymous, and its personals section is only a small part of it. No one will know they posted a profile, and CL has lots of "legitimate" uses. Still, even it suffers from some "personals ad" stigma. Housing ads, couchsurfing, meetup... don't.

Comment

Totally agree with JSJ

Comment

Originally posted by JetSetJim View Post
              It's strange, but most women seem to be desperate for ways of meeting guys that don't push their "socially inappropriate/low value" buttons. I think this is one reason online game is so often a struggle- you see it right there in the ads, "I can't believe I am doing this", "My friend put me up to it", "Just because I have a profile here doesn't mean I can't meet guys. I'm-Just-Looking-for-Friends(tm)."
              A truly hot girl doesn't need to do anything to "meet guys". On the contrary, she has to beat guys off with a stick.

What you're seeing is the binary switch. It's not graduated at all: all hot girls don't do anything to meet guys, and in fact try to avoid the. The instant a woman makes any effort to meet guys, she drops any pretention to the "hottie" pedestal, and that's the pinnacle of feminine social status. Not only does she give up the feminine equivalent of alpha dominance, but the more effort she makes, her status will keep dropping from average, to weird, to ugly, and eventually a desperate loser slut. That's why you see retarded excuses like "I'm here because of a dare".

Women ARE desperate to meet guys. Half the POF/OKC profiles say "Tired of the bar/club scene". Ever wondered WHY? Because those are two "socially appropriate" venues for meeting men, and they are desperate for alternatives where they can hook up- but they want to do it without feeling like they are lowering their value by doing so.
              I don't understand your argument. If bars and clubs are socially appropriate, and girls can go to them and legitimately get laid (they can always say they are there to drink / dance / hang out with their friend), then why do they have to say they are tired of them?

To me, this particular girlcode means exactly one thing: they are tired of ONSes and casual hookups, and want to find a committed LTR. Of course, most girls with these ads are probably still going to clubs and hooking up regularly while their "good girl persona" ad is posted for benefit of AFCs everywhere.

But I'd be curious to understand your apparently different take.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarzan View Post
                A truly hot girl doesn't need to do anything to "meet guys". On the contrary, she has to beat guys off with a stick.
                I disagree. I think hot girls have to beat orbiters off with a stick. Somewhat less, she has to deal with guys with poorly-calibrated game. For example, some guy who is somewhat alpha and fancies himself an Uber-PUA who cold-approaches her in daygame and says, "Damn girl, you FINE. Let's go over to my place and hang, yo."

The guys who have well-calibrated game, can seduce, and who are self-confident, relatively high value, and socially adept...she is NOT beating off with a stick. This is particularly the case in certain situations and age groups. For example, the 18-21 college girl crowd and the 28-40 single girl crowd. The former because most guys that age are megaAFC douchebags, and the latter because they desireable guys have gotten married.

The instant a woman makes any effort to meet guys, she drops any pretention to the "hottie" pedestal, and that's the pinnacle of feminine social status. Not only does she give up the feminine equivalent of alpha dominance, but the more effort she makes, her status will keep dropping from average, to weird, to ugly, and eventually a desperate loser slut. That's why you see retarded excuses like "I'm here because of a dare".
                Yes, I agree to an extent. Proactively trying to meet guys does indeed set off alarm bells in a chicks brain. This is why I think the non-dating type venues, online or offline, are attractive to women. Because they can convince themselves they aren't really trying desperately to meet guys.

I don't understand your argument. If bars and clubs are socially appropriate, and girls can go to them and legitimately get laid (they can always say they are there to drink / dance / hang out with their friend), then why do they have to say they are tired of them?
                Because of ASD. For one thing, the percentage of women who are willing to routinely get their sexual needs met by allowing themselves to be picked up at a bar or club is relatively low. Women go to bars and clubs far more to meet guys and screen them as potential mates than for random hookups.

Bars and clubs are one of the few venues in out society where a woman can go and get approached by with some degree of regularity. Outside of those venues, she isn't getting approached unless she falls into a somewhat narrow catagory, and that's the 7-8s. The girls who are hot enough to be desireable, but not too hot to seem unapproachable to AFCs. Less attractive girls get very few approaches of course, and super hot ones also get surprisingly few. My wife, for example, is very attractive, and in the last three years I can think of maybe two times she's been approached.

But, watch chicks in bars and clubs. See them getting hit on a lot? No. A couple of girls can easily spend all night not getting approached (especially if they are not in a real meat market type venue), or when they do get approached, it's drunk guys or guys who have little to no game. It's not wonder they get tired of it.

ASD/social value instincts prevent women from initiating contact/approaching men. But, this butts heads with male approach anxiety. Flip it around: Imagine that you WERE FORBIDDEN to approach a woman on pain of complete social ostracism. The only way you could meet chicks reasonably reliably, would be to go hang out in bars/clubs etc. But when you do, you either spend all night being ignored (because other guys are hotter or because the girls all are AFC and have approach anxiety, and are waiting for you to make a very obvious AI, which you are reluctant to do because that will signal that you really are a desperate loser) or you get hit on by drunk chicks who are getting ready to throw up, just threw up, or will sober up and lose their nerve, etc etc.

You'd fucking jump at any chance to meet chicks outside that environment.

To me, this particular girlcode means exactly one thing: they are tired of ONSes and casual hookups, and want to find a committed LTR. Of course, most girls with these ads are probably still going to clubs and hooking up regularly while their "good girl persona" ad is posted for benefit of AFCs everywhere.
                To an extent that is true. Clubs are not a good place to find an LTR- they're just a place where she has a better chance to be approached. In most cases it will just be for sex, and if she is in the right place- i.e. horny, overcomes her ASD, and the guy doesn't disqualify himself on the approach, she will end up having sex with him. But that is not the default setting of all women who go to clubs. If it were, we probably wouldnt need this forum, because WAY WAY more women would be there and be DTF, and all we'd have to do is approach. Women are going to clubs to meet guys, whether for sex or an ltr, doesn't matter. It's one of the few places they can do it without excessively lowering their own value.

Comment

Working...
                X