Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My BlackDragon style "blitz" ends in miserable failure. Need ideas for next time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My BlackDragon style "blitz" ends in miserable failure. Need ideas for next time.

TLR -- sent out 168 openers over 3 days ( mon, wends, thurs ) on OKCupid. 80% were to women I consider very nice looking. 20% were to average to ugly women just to see if ANYONE would reply. The opener was based heavily on something BD claims he gets laid with "tons". Out of 168, I got back 3 responses. They were from what had to be the 3 ugliest women I've ever see in my life.

The gory details:
    ---------------------------

I'm no stranger to online game, been doing it off and on for around 6 years. My style was something I picked up from another PUA forum. Basically I'd create a very short, unusual profile thats a bit funny and shows I'm not too serious. Then I'd message girls I liked after I read their profile. My message would be based upon something I read about in their profile. I never had AMAZING success going this route, I also admittedly wasted a good amount of time talking to girls that ended up flaking or some other non-sex outcome. I also never met a girl who was high quality. Just laid a bunch of very average women. As they say, insanity is doing the same shit over and over expecting different results. I was up for trying a new approach.

I recently read BlackDragons E-Books ( bought both the online dating ones and his dating to sex one ). The information provided me with some fresh ideas so I decided to jump back onto OkCupid to test out his methods. I was mainly interested in attempting his mass opener shotgun approach using a very non-needy canned opener. I always hear girls saying they hate openers that have nothing to do with their profile, but after reading BD's book he had some good arguments as to why profile reading is bullshit etc etc. I was up for giving it a try.

My profile: http://www.okcupid.com/profile/jclane?cf=regular_indirect ( I didn't invest the time to create a profile like BD instructs in his book, instead I was lazy and re-used an old "dumb" profile text from back in the day ).

My opener: "Hmmmmmmmm… Not sure if we’re a match, but you’re welcome to contact me if you desire."

sent out 168 openers over 3 days ( mon, wends, thurs ). Around 80% were to what I consider hot girls, 20% a mix of average and ugly girls. I added that 20% in to see if ANYONE would respond. I got 3 responses so far ( its Saturday as I write this ). They were from the ugliest women I've ever seen. As far a profile visitors go, currently at 67. I'd say a good 15% or more are NOT women I've messaged. So out of 168 messages, maybe 50 looked at my profile. I will assume the rest pretty much just looked at my message and thumbnail, or my message was buried under emails from other guys.

I figured I would have gotten at least ONE somewhat interested reply back. I'm starting to think I need to switch things up and finally make a "serious" profile. I've never done that before, always just used some random crazy profile that has pretty much zero information about myself. I'm also wondering if it is unwise for me to list how much money I make in the sidebar. I make more than the vast majority of men my age, so at first I figured its a DHV but the more I realize women could care less about money I second guess it.

Anyhow what do you guys think? dumb profile, ugly pics, bad opener, bad luck? Should I just do a more serious profile and try again next month with a new opener?
    Last edited by XeroFear; 01-16-2013, 03:27 AM.

That is the dumbest goddamned opener I've ever seen.

You're telling them "do what you're already doing."

They're already not sure if you're a match. They're already in a position to contact you if they so desire.

You are adding nothing to the interaction by sending that sentence out, besides saying "Hi, I'm kind of a pussy so I don't want you to think I'm interested, but it would be pretty awesome if you were interested in me, are you?"

This is the online equivalent of going up to a random girl and saying "I don't know if you'd have fun on a date with me, but do you want to go on a date with me? Let me know if you do, since I'm putting the ball in your court and making you responsible for this."

I'm shocked that BD recommends that route; it absolutely reeks of insecurity.

I looked over your profile, and nowhere do I see anything indicating what YOU want or what YOU can offer to women. Some of your jokes are funny, though.

Read my threads "Fun New Lead" and "The Right Response" if you want to learn how to stop wasting your time with silly bullshit like this. It is a tweak/experiment just barely in the infancy stage, but is already proving to be so much better than the stuff you're talking about, that I would never even consider going that route again. There's a lot of work to be done but it's a hugely promising start!

Anything that works 3 out of 168 times, is something worth throwing in the trash.
    Last edited by ChitownMaverick; 01-13-2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Agreed with Chitown. That is a terrible opener.

Comment

Originally posted by XeroFear View Post
        dumb profile, ugly pics, bad opener, bad luck?
        The opener is bad, but I've used one that is almost as lame ("You seem pretty cool. Reply if interested") and I got a much better response rate than you.

Get better photos and rewrite the whole profile, and then try again.

You answered "no" to "Would you consider sleeping with someone on the first date?" WTF?

Comment

I also follow BD's method, slightly modified to fit me personally.

I've used a variation of that opener since I began, and I've ALWAYS had at least a 20% response rate, and I only message hot girls. The problem isn't necessarily your opener-- it's your picture(s) and/or your profile description. Your profile is way too short and doesn't really say anything about you. You're also wearing sunglasses in most of your pics.

Comment

Bad opener
            you look creepy in the second pic (sitting at the computer reeks of WoW-basement dweller)
            good profile

Comment

Dude- first, thanks for doing this. A lot of guys never post pics/profile, and never actually give any method a try- they keep using their "honest" profile and opener because "thats the real me", then get pissed off when they get no response.

Your pics aren't that bad. Lose the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th ones though. Fewer pics is better. Remember- women use your pics to screen you OUT. They will decide not to communicate with you based on your shirt or your shoes or the way you stand. So, the fewer reasons you give them, the better.

Your opener sucks. I think what BD was saying was that was the LAST thing in his opener, not all of it.
              I posted about the "Great JSJ Online Experiment", and even my fat, ugly ass (I'm buttspanker4u, one of your visitors) gets way more action with this opener. Try sending this to 30-50 women and see what happens. I tell guys to do this, but they give all kinds of excuses...just try it as a learning experience. You'll be surprised.

JSJ Opener
              [user name]-Your profile caught my eye and I just wanted to drop you a quick note.

I'm a big believer in honesty, so even if it risks offending, I'll be straight-up: I'm looking for a sexually adventurous girl who wants to explore her sensual/submissive side. If that's you, feel free to message me and we can talk about it. If not, I wish you the best of luck.

I'm pretty busy with my work at [insert DHV here], but I'll make time if you will. Hit me up- I guarantee you won't regret it.

Jim

Comment

I've used a lot of different openers in my day, and I've used very close approximations of that opener thousands of times and I get laid 100% of the time I do a blitz. The point of the opener is not to be clever or interesting or any of that shit. That's the point of the profile. The point of the opener is to get women to look at your profile without being needy and without complimenting them. If you're getting lots of women to look at your profile without introducing a needy frame, your opener is working.

If you're getting a less than 2% response from over 150 messages and 50 views, and even then only ugly girls are replying to you, you don't have an opener problem anyway. Either you have a profile/pics problem or you're messaging women who have not been online recently. Or both.
                How to have 3 hour meet-to-lays and nonmonogamous relationships with any type of woman:
                The Blackdragon Blog

Comment

I got a response this morning from another ugly girl, she wrote in her reply "I wanted to let you know that you win the award for the most dispassionate email I've ever received." She then went on to question if I was either a pussy or very apathetic LOL. Anyhow back to business....

The first thing I'm doing is to rebuild my profile. This little exercise definitely showed you have to have a good profile ( or at least a real one ) if your not sending interesting customized messaged to each girl. Does anyone have examples of tried and true profiles that get a good amount of dates? If you don't want it public you can PM me the link, or even just parts of the text. I don't want to copy word for word ( since my life is not your life duh ), but the overall theme and tone would be helpful. Its one thing to say "write a profile that is successful,confident, and jerky" and then another to show an example of that.

I'll also take down some of the pics people said are bad, and I'll revise a better opener. I'll try to make it at least a little more personal. I'm going to sign up for plentyoffish and Match to try out your guys suggestions. Will have to let OkCupid cool down for at least 4 weeks since I already opened every good looking girl within 25 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdragon View Post
                    I've used a lot of different openers in my day, and I've used very close approximations of that opener thousands of times and I get laid 100% of the time I do a blitz. The point of the opener is not to be clever or interesting or any of that shit. That's the point of the profile. The point of the opener is to get women to look at your profile without being needy and without complimenting them. If you're getting lots of women to look at your profile without introducing a needy frame, your opener is working.

If you're getting a less than 2% response from over 150 messages and 50 views, and even then only ugly girls are replying to you, you don't have an opener problem anyway. Either you have a profile/pics problem or you're messaging women who have not been online recently. Or both.
                    Just to follow up, every girl I messaged was online at the time, or online in the last 24 hours. I also organized based on "new to the site".

Comment

Originally posted by XeroFear View Post
                      TLR -- sent out 168 openers over 3 days ( mon, wends, thurs ) on OKCupid. 80% were to women I consider very nice looking. 20% were to average to ugly women just to see if ANYONE would reply. The opener was based heavily on something BD claims he gets laid with "tons". Out of 168, I got back 3 responses. They were from what had to be the 3 ugliest women I've ever see in my life.

The gory details:
                      ---------------------------

I'm no stranger to online game, been doing it off and on for around 6 years. My style was something I picked up from another PUA forum. Basically I'd create a very short, unusual profile thats a bit funny and shows I'm not too serious. Then I'd message girls I liked after I read their profile. My message would be based upon something I read about in their profile. I never had AMAZING success going this route, I also admittedly wasted a good amount of time talking to girls that ended up flaking or some other non-sex outcome. I also never met a girl who was high quality. Just laid a bunch of very average women. As they say, insanity is doing the same shit over and over expecting different results. I was up for trying a new approach.

I recently read BlackDragons E-Books ( bought both the online dating ones and his dating to sex one ). The information provided me with some fresh ideas so I decided to jump back onto OkCupid to test out his methods. I was mainly interested in attempting his mass opener shotgun approach using a very non-needy canned opener. I always hear girls saying they hate openers that have nothing to do with their profile, but after reading BD's book he had some good arguments as to why profile reading is bullshit etc etc. I was up for giving it a try.

My profile: http://www.okcupid.com/profile/jjmcl...gular_indirect ( I didn't invest the time to create a profile like BD instructs in his book, instead I was lazy and re-used an old "dumb" profile text from back in the day ).

My opener: "Hmmmmmmmm… Not sure if we’re a match, but you’re welcome to contact me if you desire."

sent out 168 openers over 3 days ( mon, wends, thurs ). Around 80% were to what I consider hot girls, 20% a mix of average and ugly girls. I added that 20% in to see if ANYONE would respond. I got 3 responses so far ( its Saturday as I write this ). They were from the ugliest women I've ever seen. As far a profile visitors go, currently at 67. I'd say a good 15% or more are NOT women I've messaged. So out of 168 messages, maybe 50 looked at my profile. I will assume the rest pretty much just looked at my message and thumbnail, or my message was buried under emails from other guys.

I figured I would have gotten at least ONE somewhat interested reply back. I'm starting to think I need to switch things up and finally make a "serious" profile. I've never done that before, always just used some random crazy profile that has pretty much zero information about myself. I'm also wondering if it is unwise for me to list how much money I make in the sidebar. I make more than the vast majority of men my age, so at first I figured its a DHV but the more I realize women could care less about money I second guess it.

Anyhow what do you guys think? dumb profile, ugly pics, bad opener, bad luck? Should I just do a more serious profile and try again next month with a new opener?

You are good looking and your profile is ok, i would make my profile a bit more of a sexual sub-communication(but again the problem is not the profile)...I don't like the opener, this is an opener some of the people in the chat have been using for the last couple of weeks with great response. It is from my crazy friend Tasty,
                      " i would probably make out with you"....

Comment

1. Remove pics 1,2,4 and 5.

(2. Modify your profile.)

3. Try again.

Comment

Just glossed over your profile a.k.a. didn't read anything, just peeked at your profile pic, just like all the chicks(!). It sucks. Change it.

The only good thing about it is that you're not looking into the camera. Otherwise it's dark and danky and what's up with those sunglasses? Skip this sentence if you're easily hurt, but you look like a rapist slash child molestor. No woman would ever want to speak to a guy like that.

Still I see potential in you. Under that one-way chrome I'm sure there is a happy, content, sexy and mysterious man waiting to show himself. Show some torso (not naked), so they can get a better idea of your arms size and shoulder width. And show your friggin face! You ain't fightin' no dragons, so stop hiding behind eye-shields!

Smile or no smile: Well, if you can't smile for your life, then don't. But smiling never hurt anyone - if you can make it look sincere. Good ways for your photographer to make it look sincere is to talk to you while he shoots the pics. Or bring a friend who always tell good jokes. He won't be in the profile pic, naturally, but is there to make you feel great. Also he can have his profile pic taken too as a return favour, for instance.

Take at least 10-30 good pictures in a test shoot (meaning probably a series into the hundreds). Don't ever go into a studio or try any posing. Make it seem like something your friend took with his high end phone, only be as charming, manly and mysterious as you can possibly be (try one at a time, and then all together). Then have some female friends rate the pictures and pick out the winner. Post that on your profile and score.

Comment

Get rid of all your pictures. Take a full body shot (clothed of course) with some sort of interesting background, or something neutral like black or white. Then have a closer shot of face. Smile.

As for profile:

- your income (if that's what you actually make) will be very appealing to gold-diggers or women seeking providers. If you want to get laid, say you're poor or something equally as stupid. I'm sure you can get laid claiming you make 6 figures, but I'd rather downplay something like that if I was making that sort of money than have it in the in the limelight to an internet market of potential wackjobs who might want your babies, etc.

I once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels. The police often question me just because they find me interesting. When it is raining, it is because I'm thinking of something sad. If I were to mail a letter without postage, it would still get there. My business card simple says "I'll call you". My passport requires no photograph. I bowl overhand, and am fluent in all languages.
                            This really does not communicate anything about you which is relevant to a woman looking to get fucked. So, re-write this section with this in mind...

Express in the best and most concise way possible what you do with your life and time. The cockier/stupider = better. 4-5 sentences.

As for the rest of the profile, I personally think you can either leave it blank (since I think OKC is completely stupid and is almost AW central) or be semi-serious and semi-stupid in each section. If anything, you could condense everything to:

what you do in life
                            sexual framing (i.e.: you either are directly saying something sexual about yourself on your profile, or hinting at it and that you are looking for sex, etc)
                            what you are looking for in a very concise way which isn't some ego-trip bull I've read on some profiles. Keep it light-hearted.

and apply this to POF...

Comment

Ignore all the advice on this thread about pics (including mine). Guys give the WORST fucking advice about pics- it's like asking a woman how to meet chicks. Like, "Don't put a pic of you with your shirt off in the bathroom mirror, cuz then you look like a douche". Dude, if you are ripped, put up a shirtless bathroom mirror pic! Everybody claims those are the lamest pics...but guys who have them get laid. IIRC there was even a study done that showed it was the most effective guy pic.

Chicks, OTOH, give pretty good advice about pics. If you know 3-4 HBs you can ask to choose your "sexiest pic", go with what they say. This is one of the very, very few times you want to listen to what a woman says about PU.

Comment

Working...
                              X