Plenty of Fat (hoodrats)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plenty of Fat (hoodrats)

For shits and grins, I did an advanced search on Plenty of Fish. My criteria were as follows:

0) Female (duh)
    1) 18-35 years old
    2) Bachelors degree
    3) Thin or Athletic
    4) Within 100 miles

Every other possible criteria was "I dont care".

The population of this area within that 100 mile radius is approximately 1 million.

Results:

18 women who had been online within the last week. EIGHTEEN.

Include graduate and Masters degrees (separate catagories on POF) and the number rises to 28. I know POF doesn't show results of women who state an age range that you are not in (i.e. if a woman filters messages from guys younger than 21 or older than 35, and I am 36, she wont show up in my search results) so I ran the search again with a different profile age and only came up with a couple more results.

Wow. I'm interested if this is what guys in other parts of the country find.

"...199 results are shown below." was my result for same parameters in Salt Lake.

How can you tell how many were online within the last week? Count?
    Last edited by SgtGrumbles; 11-06-2011, 06:54 PM. Reason: clearer verbiage

Comment

Yeah, it should say "online today" or "online this week" Next to each result. I just added them up, since the total results at the top will include profiles that have been inactive for years.

Comment

IMHO, POF sucks in general - at least in our area. Almost exclusively generic low-value females - out of shape and uneducated. I do not even go there anymore as OkC crowd is much better - totally different caliber, many interesting women. I met both of my current FB/MLTRs on OkC.

Comment

What's the point? A bachelor's degree or PHD tells me absolutely nothing of what I need to know about her. Is she pretty? Can she suck, fuck, and act normal? Let's start with that. If she passes those criteria, any further criteria, if you want to escalate the relationship beyond a coffee date, can and should be done in person.

Even if a woman was going to move in with me, then her earning power would be far more interesting to me than her masters in English literature, which along with $3 will get us a single coffee at Starbucks.

EDIT: And you're also excluding any woman who puts "prefer not to say", or has body dysmorphia, which is ALL of them. You have to translate that shit, like this:

A few extra pounds = muffin top/obese
          thin = anorexic
          Prefer not to say = probably perfect
          Athletic = looks like a man when naked and turned around?

And even then there will be no correlation to what she puts and how she looks to you, the interested party. I've had the most gorgeous, flat stomached, round-assed woman insist that they need to lose weight. I've seen some "pleasantly plump" girls totally fine with their weight and men falling all over themselves to get at her.

A woman's view of her own body is almost NEVER, EVER accurate. I would leave this criteria blank and request full body shot pictures before driving more than 5 miles to see her. The end.
          Practical Female Psychology for the Practical Man!
          NOW AVAILABLE ON KINDLE

Comment

Originally posted by JetSetJim View Post
            The population of this area within that 100 mile radius is approximately 1 million.

Results:

Unless everyone within that 100-mile radius is signed up on POF, this data tidbit is somewhat irrelevant
            Visit my own forum, Personal Power Meditation, at www.personalpowermeditation.com/forum
            I am now providing personal Skype coaching for meditation, emotional management, mental techniques and spirituality/worldview. PM me for details!

Comment

For shits and grins, I did an advanced search on Plenty of Fish. My criteria were as follows:

0) Female (duh)
              1) 18-35 years old
              2) Bachelors degree
              3) Thin or Athletic
              4) Within 100 miles

Every other possible criteria was "I dont care".

Results:

Include graduate and Masters degrees (separate catagories on POF) and the number rises to 28. I know POF doesn't show results of women who state an age range that you are not in (i.e. if a woman filters messages from guys younger than 21 or older than 35, and I am 36, she wont show up in my search results) so I ran the search again with a different profile age and only came up with a couple more results.

Wow. I'm interested if this is what guys in other parts of the country find.

ok i did this exact same search for the nashville area and i received 42 hits

of which 3 of some of the random ones i looked into were fake, 1/3 of all those 42 hits didnt have any photos

slim pickings everywhere i know for my own personal searches im lucky to get 10, thank god for day game
              Dirty South

Comment

Originally posted by Bentham View Post
                ok i did this exact same search for the nashville area and i received 42 hits

of which 3 of some of the random ones i looked into were fake, 1/3 of all those 42 hits didnt have any photos

slim pickings everywhere i know for my own personal searches im lucky to get 10, thank god for day game

Dude, I just did a search for Nashville, and I eliminated this arbitrary bullshit about university degrees, or what she THINKS her body type is and assuming she never forgets, tells a lie, or your criteria is actually deselecting body types you actually like... In other words, get rid of the arbitrary criteria...

Some women have very nice degrees that will look nice on your office wall once you're married, but they put "none" or "other" under their education, meaning that if you've selected Bachelor or greater, she will NOT come up in your search results.

And with or without pictures, it returned 600+ matches for Nashville, 600 being the maximum you can get back.
                Practical Female Psychology for the Practical Man!
                NOW AVAILABLE ON KINDLE

Comment

I know POF doesn't show results of women who state an age range that you are not in (i.e. if a woman filters messages from guys younger than 21 or older than 35, and I am 36, she wont show up in my search results)
                  You sure about that? I think that can happen but only under certain conditions.

This is because I have had chicks appear in my searches, but when I email them THEN I get the error about how they are "not receiving emails from men my age". (Which just means they're Type 1s and they've helped save me some time.)
                  How to have 3 hour meet-to-lays and nonmonogamous relationships with any type of woman:
                  The Blackdragon Blog

Comment

I realize that education is not always correlated to intelligence. I also realize that what women consider their weight/proportions to be is often wildly different from reality.

I just find it interesting, that on the largest and most popular online dating site, given a population of a million people, there are so few who fit the criteria I searched.

Yes, if you put "Average" or "Dont want to say" in the weight criteria, and "Graduated High School", you will get quite a few fairly hot chicks. Still, maybe it's because I was spoiled by doing online game in Europe for so long, but my read of POF is essentially the same as Baybars'- "Almost exclusively generic low-value females".

Comment

I
                      I just find it interesting, that on the largest and most popular online dating site, given a population of a million people, there are so few who fit the criteria I searched.
                      I did the same search, but I only did it within 5 miles of my location. I got pages and pages and pages of women who would describe themselves as fit and educated. Like, 80 pages.

Where (approximately) are you living, Jim? My guess is not SoCal, Miami or NYC, aka the only consistently sexy places in North America.

Also, the mentality of "I only care what she looks like & can do for me in bed" is born of scarcity, I think. Not scarcity mentality. Actual scarcity. Up here in the big city I never have to choose between a woman who looks good or is good company. I read that and I think, "why settle on any level? Why not go for women who are the total package, every time?" Then I remember that most places have a very low and unsustainable total-package population.

Comment

DNYC

I'm in the southwestern US. Think deserts, cowtowns, and as a buddy once said "even the Hooters girls are fat border chicks".

i haven't lived in a huge city like NYC or Miami, but having lived in Europe, my experience of online dating was totally different. Tons of hot, educated chicks.

Comment

Jim,

I remember following your Eastern European adventures. You were in Prague or Budapest or something like that, right?

Damn dude. It must be tough to go from one of the most ten-saturated places on the planet to the American Southwest.

Comment

the search thing on POF is junk in my opinion i started doing that meet me thing. i never click yes as it notifies them if i like they get a maybe no notification to them and its like a bookmark for me. the no's i never see again.

no i just pull up their pics and if i like within 5 secs its a yes or no. if i decide yes i send a quick email and next person.

im shooting out about 30 mails a week getting like 10 to 15% replies and many of them are actually close. i could really careless about their degree as long as they are decent looking and not a total bum they are acceptable to me
                            Dirty South

Comment

Working...
                            X